over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym Owners/MRGs.. Temperature ?

M

Mr Pickles

in the summer, what do you keep you A/C set at?

my MGR has it set at 68 but its 81 in here... he says deal with it, he's not turning it down. i say turn it down b/c obviously its not working.

i ran the vacuum for 20 minutes and i had to go take a shower, its ridiculous. i cant wait to train legs in a few hours.

i dont see it breaking the budget if we set the temp 5 degrees lower...

its about 95 here with some good humidity...

what do you guys do?

On 90+ days I set it at 75 degrees. When it's a little cooler I keep it around 78 degrees. Something I have found that has helped me control my bill is a digitally controlled thermostat. You can program it to cool/heat different temps thru various times of the day.

Temp

I keep it at 70 until 4 pm then I open the doors and run my 2 big fans, while opening up my doors. My electric bill was 980 last month. When these people come in that I dont like, no matter what time of the day, the AC goes off.

hmmm...

maybe our problem is the 12ft glass doors we have on the front of the building.... greenhouse effect. we have digital controls too but i think our problem is an "operator error." :rolleyes:

he doenst want blinds on the windows, he doesnt want doors open and fans, and he doesnt want the A/C cranked... i dunno WTF he wants.. LOL

i've worked out in gyms that were around 65/75 and one had windows like here with no AC at all, that thing got up to 100 (YMCA in the ghetto). it just went up to 82 now. i love working out in 65-70 degrees.

Sounds like a jackass!! if u circulate the air it will save on the AC bill. what about 1 way tint on the big windows, like the reflective tent.

big_byrd52 said:
Sounds like a jackass!! if u circulate the air it will save on the AC bill. what about 1 way tint on the big windows, like the reflective tent.

ohhh... good one.. i'll bring that up. :cool:

well, being a former gym owner, i can tell ya the hours the gym is open really runs the electrical bills through the roof.. my gym was over 1000.00 a month all the time.. i had 10,000 square feet to cool and the only thing that saved me was the fact that the gym had low ceilings.. 68 is where i set it most of the time.. i have trained at metro flex (ronnies gym) before and the temp was 90 degrees and every one was hiting it hard.. my home gym is always 80 degrees or over in the summer and cold as hell in the winter.. ya just get used to it... hit it hard and just keep hydrated.. you will adapt..

LATS said:
my home gym is always 80 degrees or over in the summer and cold as hell in the winter.. ya just get used to it... hit it hard and just keep hydrated.. you will adapt..

thus confirming my fears... i am a sissy :eek: :(

we keep ours freezing cold...68-70. my manager couldn't care less about the utility bill to cool 25,000sqft. Then again, our gym only "a service to the community' and not designed to be a profittable business.

yes, the heavy lifters sometimes complain about it being too cold. But if you are truly hardcore you wouldn't give a shit what temp it is.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131