over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym Pin Review - Highly Recommended

danieltx

Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
My girlfriend got me a few of Gym Pin's product for Christmas - double set of plate-loaded horn extenders and pin-loaded stack extenders in 2 diameters. It cost around $150 total and ships from the UK.

https://www.gym-pin.co.uk/

So far, I've used them on:
  • Hammer Strength plate-loaded low row
  • Free Motion abduction / adduction
  • Hoist glute kickback
All pieces are easy to attach. The most difficult part is getting the rubber caps off the end of plate-loaded pieces since most have probably never been removed. On the HS low row, I was able to get one off easily with my hand, but the other was flush to the horn and wouldn't move at all so I had to use my knife to wedge it apart. The rubber caps are very easy to put back on.

All pieces are study and can hold plenty of weight - I added 70lbs. with a pin-loaded extender on abduction / adduction tonight, but have seen people add 90-135lbs. On HS low rows I had been doing 6 plates per side, but the 6th plate barely fit and would usually fall halfway through a set. With the horn extender you could likely do 9-10 plates.

I can't recommend this enough for people who've maxed out their favorite equipment. We all know there are certain pieces that just work better for us than others but now maxing it out doesn't mean you have to find something new to keep progressing - just add the Gym Pin accessories and keep going.

I'm particularly interested to see how much size I can add to my legs by really loading up the abduction / adduction. For the last 2 years I've been doing the full stack plus whatever plates I can get to fit on top for 20+ reps, so being able to easily add 70-100+lbs. should definitely help add more size.

I've had interest in these in the past.
Seems as though they warrant another look.

Thanks for sharing.

@danieltx for the original 2" gym pin, do you know which diameter of pin should be selected? My gym has Life Fitness and Hammer Strength equipment and I'm wondering if I should go with 5/16" or 25/64". This is for cable movements with weight stacks.

@danieltx for the original 2" gym pin, do you know which diameter of pin should be selected? My gym has Life Fitness and Hammer Strength equipment and I'm wondering if I should go with 5/16" or 25/64". This is for cable movements with weight stacks.
From some quick searching it looks like Life Fitness machines use 7/16" so the 5/16" should work. I haven't found a stack the smallest diameter pin won't fit in. Even when slightly loose it will hold the weight fine.

From some quick searching it looks like Life Fitness machines use 7/16" so the 5/16" should work. I haven't found a stack the smallest diameter pin won't fit in. Even when slightly loose it will hold the weight fine.

Thank you 👊

i might have to invest in one of these.

the bolts that i bought from the hardware store are starting to bend lol

Neat lil contraption. Never heard of these before. I imagine you gotta bring a whole bag full of shit with you to a public gym!

Cage

Neat lil contraption. Never heard of these before. I imagine you gotta bring a whole bag full of shit with you to a public gym!

Cage
I carry a lot of stuff in my bag. Angles 90 grips, grip4rce grips, wraps, straps, bands, spud inc towel strap, belt, some other stuff I’m forgetting.

I carry a lot of stuff in my bag. Angles 90 grips, grip4rce grips, wraps, straps, bands, spud inc towel strap, belt, some other stuff I’m forgetting.
It’s necessary when you reach another level! It’s also another reason why I love my home gym. You probably gotta lug in 20-30lbs of stuff huh? Thankfully I had the room, money, and patience from the wifey. Now the wifey is thankful for the home gym.

Cage

It’s necessary when you reach another level! It’s also another reason why I love my home gym. You probably gotta lug in 20-30lbs of stuff huh? Thankfully I had the room, money, and patience from the wifey. Now the wifey is thankful for the home gym.

Cage
Probably about that. I’ve got a pronated close grip mag bar in there, a wide grip one I keep in my trunk, a meadows row landmine handle, knee sleeves, oly shoes that I keep in my trunk for leg day, etc.

Probably about that. I’ve got a pronated close grip mag bar in there, a wide grip one I keep in my trunk, a meadows row landmine handle, knee sleeves, oly shoes that I keep in my trunk for leg day, etc.
You catch any shit from gym employees? Seeing you stuff handles/attachments into your bag in all. Basically thinking you could be stealing! I always wondered abt this.

Cage

You catch any shit from gym employees? Seeing you stuff handles/attachments into your bag in all. Basically thinking you could be stealing! I always wondered abt this.

Cage
Nope. I have had a few come ask me what I was using though because they were interested

My girlfriend got me a few of Gym Pin's product for Christmas - double set of plate-loaded horn extenders and pin-loaded stack extenders in 2 diameters. It cost around $150 total and ships from the UK.

https://www.gym-pin.co.uk/

So far, I've used them on:
  • Hammer Strength plate-loaded low row
  • Free Motion abduction / adduction
  • Hoist glute kickback
All pieces are easy to attach. The most difficult part is getting the rubber caps off the end of plate-loaded pieces since most have probably never been removed. On the HS low row, I was able to get one off easily with my hand, but the other was flush to the horn and wouldn't move at all so I had to use my knife to wedge it apart. The rubber caps are very easy to put back on.

All pieces are study and can hold plenty of weight - I added 70lbs. with a pin-loaded extender on abduction / adduction tonight, but have seen people add 90-135lbs. On HS low rows I had been doing 6 plates per side, but the 6th plate barely fit and would usually fall halfway through a set. With the horn extender you could likely do 9-10 plates.

I can't recommend this enough for people who've maxed out their favorite equipment. We all know there are certain pieces that just work better for us than others but now maxing it out doesn't mean you have to find something new to keep progressing - just add the Gym Pin accessories and keep going.

I'm particularly interested to see how much size I can add to my legs by really loading up the abduction / adduction. For the last 2 years I've been doing the full stack plus whatever plates I can get to fit on top for 20+ reps, so being able to easily add 70-100+lbs. should definitely help add more size.
Do you know which gym pin I should buy for the Life Fitness Abduction/adduction machine?

I just ordered the 8” GymPin for my home gym the other day, the 2:1 on my cable machine really limits things, will be able to add an extra 160lbs now to the stack. Do have a little fear of the cable snapping in the back of my head tho.

I just ordered the 8” GymPin for my home gym the other day, the 2:1 on my cable machine really limits things, will be able to add an extra 160lbs now to the stack. Do have a little fear of the cable snapping in the back of my head tho.
If you home gym equipment is from a quality manufacturer you shouldn't have a problem. I've added 135lbs. to abduction / adduction machines with a GymPin and had no issues.

If you home gym equipment is from a quality manufacturer you shouldn't have a problem. I've added 135lbs. to abduction / adduction machines with a GymPin and had no issues.
So the 5/16 should work for Life fitness adduction? Want to confirm before I buy it

Yeah, it’s a Hoist HD1900 and in perfect shape. Most incidents I have heard about were old cables snapping that should have replaced anyways.

I’ve been using these off and on for a while now. I’ve only had one issue with using these. The weight stack on a cable machine has the shank the runs through the middle of the weight stack. So if I’m hanging weight off the gym pin, and that shank comes up far enough to clear the weight stack, sometimes the shank will be tilted a bit from the weight hanging off the front and not want to go back down in the weight stack

So the 5/16 should work for Life fitness adduction? Want to confirm before I buy it
I don't know, I've never measured any bore holes. I bought every size they had at the time so I wouldn't have that problem.

I’ve been using these off and on for a while now. I’ve only had one issue with using these. The weight stack on a cable machine has the shank the runs through the middle of the weight stack. So if I’m hanging weight off the gym pin, and that shank comes up far enough to clear the weight stack, sometimes the shank will be tilted a bit from the weight hanging off the front and not want to go back down in the weight stack
I've seen that problem on the Hoist glute kickback - the GymPin can only hold 90lbs. because the pin sits slightly at an angle and the plates pull it out of the stack. The Hoist glute kickback has done the most for my glutes but I'm stuck now because I can't load 135lbs. on it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131