over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gyms Predicted To Lose $10 Billion, 1/3 May Close Permanently

My gym is a mom and pop gym now. It was a powerhouse, but they changed the name like 5 or 6 years ago. Im assuming they didnt want to pay powerhouse CEO to keep using the name. But I got an email a few weeks ago, and I think my gym is going to shut down permanently. They are moving in a LA Fitness literally right next door. There is suppose to be a town hall meeting to stop it or something to that effect, but unfortunately It doesn't look good. Sucks because I dont want to train at a chain gym. Way to damn crowded, but might not have a choice now..

Gyms are bad business, I would never invest in a gym, unless it was an established MMA one. These chain gyms, like Lifetime Fitness, LA Fitness, Planet Fitness, etc.. You cant compete when they are charging $9/month.. sucks they run the small private ones right out of business.

You in Michigan?

I highly recommend Life Time if oyu have one close by you dont have to wear gloves or mask and dont have to reserve a time to workout.

Yep, been working out there for about 15 years. They barely needed to move any equipment because there is so much room between machines to begin with. They pretty much have everything you need there.

Gyms are finally allowed to open here in Friday. Will be interesting to see what ends up opening.

dean caputo opened a powerhouse at the end of january here in streetsboro ohio and covid shut them down within 2 months. they just opened up today, its a really nice gym. but planet fitness is 5 minutes away and theres another real gym 15 minutes away in twinsburg and those guys were running a 150 dollar membership for a YEAR.....crazy cheap for what they have there....
i dont see all 3 places lasting sadly....caputo is a legend here and his place is cool, all 80's heavy metal. throw back.
planet will last. 100's of locations, corporate budget, corporate advertising, and the idea that all locations can support, instead of one spot all or nothing.

the other 2? whats drawing people there? where is capital coming from now and later? prob same story everywhere in US. gyms that first open have a couple people in the door, at best, and takes years to establish themselves. January open, close in March, and now open with all the restrictions, with people still not wanting to even go period? might be time to cut losses and get out before the debt piles up

Done with gyms.. I use park bars, dips.. 100x harder lean strong, Finished with this bs.

I second that brother. Why deal with the BS and just get more angry and pissed off at the situation? I also am looking better than ever, harder, leaner and meaner than ever (I look like a ripped jail bird now LOL) with all of these super high rep, high sets of pull ups, push ups, sit ups, dips, bodyweight squats, runs, long walks through the nature trails, etc. My gym wants to also implement these extreme restrictions once they open up on June 1st..in spite of the state Supreme Court here where I live has overturned the stay at home order and has lifted all restrictions. Wear a mask while working out? No tank tops? Have to rush through a workout and I can't even take a damn shower in the locker room and store my valuables? And to limit how many of us can workout at a given time? And the catch 22 is this..it aint even the law that says you gotta do this....its all because they want to PLEASE the very own politicians (who has never lifted any kind of weights or done a real workout in all their miserable lives) that oppress all of us to the fullest extent of the law.

I second that brother. Why deal with the BS and just get more angry and pissed off at the situation? I also am looking better than ever, harder, leaner and meaner than ever (I look like a ripped jail bird now LOL) with all of these super high rep, high sets of pull ups, push ups, sit ups, dips, bodyweight squats, runs, long walks through the nature trails, etc. My gym wants to also implement these extreme restrictions once they open up on June 1st..in spite of the state Supreme Court here where I live has overturned the stay at home order and has lifted all restrictions. Wear a mask while working out? No tank tops? Have to rush through a workout and I can't even take a damn shower in the locker room and store my valuables? And to limit how many of us can workout at a given time? And the catch 22 is this..it aint even the law that says you gotta do this....its all because they want to PLEASE the very own politicians (who has never lifted any kind of weights or done a real workout in all their miserable lives) that oppress all of us to the fullest extent of the law.
I feel exactly the same way bro. Fk it. The super high rep push ups, chin up variations, with ISO holds, the bar work to the extreme is way harder. Ive been in gyms since im 15 ( early 50s now) military etc, i feel and look way better now. Not wearing a fkn mask spaced out, time restrictions like a fkn sheep. No thanks.

so in the paper the gym owners were saying the new member signups were going good.
4 a day for the last few days is being compared to their new years signups.....
usually 2 day is the norm....but even still lots have cancelled.

so in the paper the gym owners were saying the new member signups were going good.
4 a day for the last few days is being compared to their new years signups.....
usually 2 day is the norm....but even still lots have cancelled.
troubles prob coming, as they are not supposed to be signing up new people. mandated that it is not allowed to have new and more people come and use the facility. Only existing members.

another nail in the coffin for the guys you mentioned before, and the business tanking yes, but they are lucky they didnt get shut down already fro sneaking people in the back door

big trouble for these guys coming. one way or another. the idea of the gym to be a filter for money from other money making ventures, wasnt the right way to open anyways

Im doing the park thing since all this insanity but my plan is too hook up a decent home gym by winter time so when its nasty out, i will be good. Who knows if a second wave of this shit hits ? then they do this again. Another thing, i have 2 -3 corporate gyms in my area and not sure if they all will be able to re open. So what are they gonna herd all those other members into 1 facility? with time restrictions?

Im doing the park thing since all this insanity but my plan is too hook up a decent home gym by winter time so when its nasty out, i will be good. Who knows if a second wave of this shit hits ? then they do this again. Another thing, i have 2 -3 corporate gyms in my area and not sure if they all will be able to re open. So what are they gonna herd all those other members into 1 facility? with time restrictions?

That sounds like a great idea. I am also from the northern states and we have awful winters where just massive amounts of snow and ice basically dumps on us for months straight and believe me when I tell you this..forget about working out in the park or even going for a nature walk in 0 degree weather and trying to clear snow out of the workout area..aint happening lol. Tried it a couple years back..kept falling off the platform like an idiot and spraining myself left and right.
Only if I lived in Florida or something like that..I could dedicate myself to this new hobby of outdoor bodyweight working out..but until then..its only a matter of time before the home gym systems (whether that be weights or just a pull up bar and dip bar) is gonna be a MUST..just a matter of time till that next winters hits us hard..and then like you said..the extreme uncertainty of this manufactured crisis and another to be manufactured crisis in in the works by the powers that be. Who knows what these fools are gonna do to us next. So we best be ready and have our our gym ready for when they decide to put the switch on again and shut everything down...

That sounds like a great idea. I am also from the northern states and we have awful winters where just massive amounts of snow and ice basically dumps on us for months straight and believe me when I tell you this..forget about working out in the park or even going for a nature walk in 0 degree weather and trying to clear snow out of the workout area..aint happening lol. Tried it a couple years back..kept falling off the platform like an idiot and spraining myself left and right.
Only if I lived in Florida or something like that..I could dedicate myself to this new hobby of outdoor bodyweight working out..but until then..its only a matter of time before the home gym systems (whether that be weights or just a pull up bar and dip bar) is gonna be a MUST..just a matter of time till that next winters hits us hard..and then like you said..the extreme uncertainty of this manufactured crisis and another to be manufactured crisis in in the works by the powers that be. Who knows what these fools are gonna do to us next. So we best be ready and have our our gym ready for when they decide to put the switch on again and shut everything down...
Totally agreed brother. Iam on the east coast 40 min from NYC. I have a place in Palm Beach as well. Gonna move for good. Done with this communist state.

Went to LA Fitness for my first workout back since they reoped on the 25th. Not a single thing has changed in there thank god. I just built a pretty nice home gym where I'll do most of my training, but i paid for a two year membership all up front so I'll still go back once or twice a week. LA fitness is definitely my fav commercial gym.

Went to LA Fitness for my first workout back since they reoped on the 25th. Not a single thing has changed in there thank god. I just built a pretty nice home gym where I'll do most of my training, but i paid for a two year membership all up front so I'll still go back once or twice a week. LA fitness is definitely my fav commercial gym.
Do you have to wear a mask now?

Do you have to wear a mask now?
Nah. I didnt see any of the employees wearing masks either. Literally the only person i saw in the whole place wearing a mask was the cleaning lady. Im sure some people aren't to happy about that, i personally dont mind.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131