advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hair Loss! Finasteride/Dutasteride, Pros and Cons, or something else?!

TrojanBB

Registered
This is something that affects most of us but I dont see much discussion devoted to it recently.

I'm 25, my hair has been thinning at an increasing rate. I'm not ready to shave it yet, though I do accept that hair loss is inevitable.

For you guys who are still trying to keep your hair, what do you use or do? What is the current bodybuilding perspective on finasteride (or dutasteride)? I've heard some scary things about ED issues. What about the affects on muscle growth? How do these drugs fit into our cycles? Will taking Dutasteride interfere with my test/tren cycles? Or complement it?

I bought some Nizoral 1% shampoo (I guess the legit stuff is finally being produced again) to help, but I doubt that will be enough by itself.

I've been contemplating generic Rogaine foam as well.

Last edited:
This is a subject im very well versed in. First of all, Rogaine does absolutely nothing to PREVENT hairloss. Its actually known to speed up hairloss the first few weeks while the new hair fibers are being generated if they can be generated at all. Secondly I would heavily consider if you want to use finaseride/duta as there can be some very long lasting effects even after discontinued use for a lot of users. These drugs were not originally developed for what they are being used for now. You know what that tells me? Theres going to be a lot that comes to the forefront years after its been released, which is exactly what is happening. Merck just within the past year has added a lot of permanent side effects that can occur from the use of finasteride such as depression, ED, estrogen rise issues etc... Not worth the risks.

The absolute best thing you can use is 2% nizoral shampoo. Its proven and works. Then you have some other less proven topical solutions such as spiractolone and azealic acid (sp). If you have any other questions let me know.
Nixon

This is something that affects most of us but I dont see much discussion devoted to it recently.

I'm 25, my hair has been thinning at an increasing rate. I'm not ready to shave it yet, though I do accept that hair loss is inevitable.

For you guys who are still trying to keep your hair, what do you use or do? What is the current bodybuilding perspective on finasteride (or dutasteride)? I've heard some scary things about ED issues. What about the affects on muscle growth? How do these drugs fit into our cycles? Will taking Dutasteride interfere with my test/tren cycles? Or complement it?

I bought some Nizoral 1% shampoo (I guess the legit stuff is finally being produced again) to help, but I doubt that will be enough by itself.

I've used finasteride for a year..... for the first six months no problem at all.... but then my libido began to decrease really fast...... after the first year my libido was 50% ....(No ED issues, just lot lower libido) , so I decided to stop using finasteride.

Now I'm using nizoral shampoo and topical minoxidil, It seems to work :) I'm 36 yo and my hair is OK.

Not everyone reports libido issues with finasteride, but it seems to be very common.

I regrew my hair naturally with a combination of oral supplements and topical herbal solutions that I made myself. There are over 15 different herbs that when applied TOPICALLY to your scalp OUTPERFORMED rogaine significantly. Why is rogaine sold then you may ask? Herbs are not patentable.

I will be releasing my product within the next few months, I will say that DHT is only part of the equation, and once you've reached a certain point of loss it is harder to grow back. IF YOU CATCH IT ON TIME, I can regrow it all and then some.

I had a whole bunch to befores and afters and my phone got smashed! Man was I pissed. I managed to save a few..

Thanks guys. Seems like Finasteride is no good. I went ahead and bought the generic rogaine (minoxidil) foam (what the heck, maybe it will help) and will be starting to use my Nizoral shampoo today. I grabbed some Biotin capsules too, supposedly it can help with thickness and rate of growth, and it's dirt cheap.

Ross, let us know when you release that product. If it works, I'm on board.

My hair loss isn't too bad yet, but my GF gives me shit for it and it does make me look like I'm around 33 years old, not barely 25.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Seems like Finasteride is no good. I went ahead and bought the generic rogaine (minoxidil) foam (what the heck, maybe it will help) and will be starting to use my Nizoral shampoo today. I grabbed some Biotin capsules too, supposedly it can help with thickness and rate of growth, and it's dirt cheap.

Ross, let us know when you release that product. If it works, I'm on board.

My hair loss isn't too bad yet, but my GF gives me shit for it and it does make me look like I'm around 33 years old, not barely 25.

you aren't using winni or masteron are you? if so stop immediately.

you aren't using winni or masteron are you? if so stop immediately.

Finished 4 months of 600mg masteron in December. Lol. The first time i ran it i didnt notice hair thinning. This time, i noticed it after i finished.

Finished 4 months of 600mg masteron in December. Lol. The first time i ran it i didnt notice hair thinning. This time, i noticed it after i finished.

don't touch that stuff ever again!!! I won't go near masteron because that thing was the devil for my hair! I am of mexican heritage so I have very thick and full hair, but masteron thinned it out and had it falling off like crazy. Be safe brother and don't do any more masteron not worth losing your hair so early on.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear