advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has anyone tried the DC advanced split he posted on Instagram?

I did this for several months and liked it a lot. I’m currently doing the 3 way split. Dante actually introduced that workout here on PM a couple years ago and I discussed this split with him. It felt similar to creeping death by John meadows
Kurious...why did you go back to the 3 way?

I did day 2 of this split and was done in like 25 min. That sound about right?

Because I took a long layoff from the gym and was trying to gain back some lost muscle
I see...I am having to take some time of the gym and work..it sucks..things have been going good as they have I years..
I think when I get back in there I am going back to DC ...

Haven’t tried it but use rest pause off and on for years thanks to dc. Also just started doing extreme stretching again and it gives me crazy pumps to b my biceps. Maybe I’ll give this advanced routine a shot soon.

I see...I am having to take some time of the gym and work..it sucks..things have been going good as they have I years..
I think when I get back in there I am going back to DC ...
I was out of the gym for a year during lockdown and my gym went out of business. Found a new gym and put back on 22 pounds and then tore my bicep in March. I’m just now back to hitting it hard and heavy again

I was out of the gym for a year during lockdown and my gym went out of business. Found a new gym and put back on 22 pounds and then tore my bicep in March. I’m just now back to hitting it hard and heavy again
I see...I've been training consistent the last few years and actually handling decent weights (not heavy ass weight)..I won't be able to get back in there until next weekend..

Question...

Say I am new to DC training, and I do bench for 15 to 30 rp (over 34 years old).

Do I increase the weight when I hit 30 or above only?

Say I do 200x20. Next bench day, 200x 23 rp. Then next bench day 200x 26. Next bench day 200x27. Do I keep using 200 until I hit 30 or above? Or do I increase to say 210, when I feel I can hit 210 for a minimum of 15rp (range bing 15 to 30).

I didn't see this in my research.

It’s easier in general to add weight than reps. I prefer adding weight till I get to the lower end of the rep range and then continue adding reps until I fail to progress and then switch the exercise. If you use the 2.5 pound plates you can bang away on some chest exercises for a long time while adding weight

Question...

Say I am new to DC training, and I do bench for 15 to 30 rp (over 34 years old).

Say I do 200x20. Next bench day, 200x 23 rp. Then next bench day 200x 26. Next bench day 200x27. Do I keep using 200 until I hit 30 or above? Or do I increase to say 210, when I feel I can hit 210 for a minimum of 15rp (range bing 15 to 30).

Like let’s say you did 210 for 20 reps. Adding another rep will be another 210 pounds lifted total. But 2x2.5 pound plates over the course of those 20 reps is only an additional 100 pounds. It’s still progress though and I betcha next week I can add another 5 and still get those 20 reps again

Question...

Why would you ever want to do DC training? I would much rather you do something else to be honest. And its the same reason I never answer any question you pose on any thread on this site and skip over them. I dont forget that many a person pointed out to me that you used to shit talk me all the time a while back on that other site you posted at. See I dont forget that stuff and feel what comes around goes around....you need to train some other way than with my methodology.

Here is what I really like about DC training. The numbers are pliable. If the protocol calls for a RP set of 15 for example (hypothetically you do 9+4+2), but if you are an older lifter OR if you are doing an exercise that is more suited for a higher rep range you simply adjust our target number. Dante is on here and I don't want to butcher his writings but I have read a lot of his work. I know he has mentioned several times he is tired about talking about the same thing so I will do my best to explain my interpretation (I could be wrong...but if so, it works for me). The number of total reps you ultimately pick is not the key. Could be 15...could be 30. The older you are, it is actually better to simply move the rep range up which will lighten the load but to make up for it you will need to do more reps. The key is to strive to reach that number and eventually exceed that number. Once you exceed the targeted number (whatever number you determine) you add more load and start the process all over again. It seems very simple to me. Pick a number. Work to get to that number. Once you do, add load. And start the process again. It nothing more than a way to wrap your head around progressive overload.

Here is the most structured and thorough DC training article I have ever seen. This was a lot of work, so kudos to the author. It is an easy read, and if you had any questions regarding DC training, you can find the answers here

Here is the most structured and thorough DC training article I have ever seen. This was a lot of work, so kudos to the author. It is an easy read, and if you had any questions regarding DC training, you can find the answers here
Nice find. Thanks for posting

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity