over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

have any of you been published?

flexmaster

Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
so a professor of mine wants me to submit a paper i wrote on the effects of creatine on peak power, mean power, muscular endurance, and body composition compared to a carbohydrate drink to an accredited athletic journal. im just curious as to whether or not anyone here had been published and if i could ask them a few questions about it. basically i want to know if and how it has helped advance your career in any way?

I'm currently in the beginning stages of publishing a book on language variations inside western culture (its more interesting than it sounds, i swear!).

I do know a paramedic friend of mine has published an article or two in one of their trade magazines, he says that it was one of the things that helped him get his lecturing job due to him already having work in the public domain that could be quickly seen and referenced which gave the leg-up over other candidates. (paraphrased from something his boss told him)

It won't advance your career per se being published, but its a giant foot in the door, plus looks great on your CV.

flexmaster said:
so a professor of mine wants me to submit a paper i wrote on the effects of creatine on peak power, mean power, muscular endurance, and body composition compared to a carbohydrate drink to an accredited athletic journal. im just curious as to whether or not anyone here had been published and if i could ask them a few questions about it. basically i want to know if and how it has helped advance your career in any way?

Interesting thread, no I have not been published as such but I have been interviewed by a national magazine and quoted, not really relavant to training though. Off the subject of publishing, I would love to read the paper you wrote, I really should know more about creatine. I have been wondering about the benefits of creatine to endurance atheletics, and longer events taking 5-6 hrs, more the effects for recovery etc, and to help someone who trains really hard on their event for as much as 6-8 hrs per day. Just how improtant is creatine supplementation? and how much can it prevent burn out syndrome in elite atheltes who have a huge tendancy to overtrain, and do not want to stop overtraining?? ANy help would be appreciated to further my knowledge.

best wishes

I have been published a good amount of times. Not bodybuilding related, computer systems related. It did help out in my industry, especially amongst other systems engineers. I get brought in when other engineers cannot find a solution to a problem. Most of the time I have never met these people. I have been introduced many times where after the introduction, the other engineers say "I've heard of you, you designed a solution for etc, etc...". I am kind of rough around the edges, blunt, and cannot stand incompetence, so sometimes (most of the time) I appear arrogant. But like I said, some of the press I have had has made them accept my poor work ethics, and allow me to work/diagnose their systems because they realize I am for real from what they have read.

so it sounds like getting published is more of a foot in the door thing than a climbing the ladder thing [which confirms my initial thinking]...but it seems like it would be something that can set you apart from others in your field, if you have the ability to do it well.

the donker, i'll either bump this thread or start a new one if it does get published. as for creatine's recovery effects for long term exercise...i dont know...but i'll try and find a study or two about it and post it up.

anyone else?

Last edited:
bump...has anyone else been published?

I've had some articles and photos of mine published in a national magazine here called OZ Biker Nation. It is a foot in the door for sure. But it is more of a hobby than a job. I enjoyed writing the articles and loved the photos. I am an amatuer free lance photographer, although maybe not amateur any more since I have been paid for my works. It is as I said a hobby. But it has opened the door to other posibilities and generated interest among others for my works. It is a buzz to see your own work in print! no doubt about that. I was grinning from ear to ear when it came out and of course have a copy in my scrap book for posterity!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • Bio

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner