YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Health issues since March.. Ideas for healing kidneys?

I totally understand what you guys are saying. The difference is I'm talking about covid. There is no treatment for it.

Today I have a cough, headache, chills, runny nose, joint pain.

So it looks like round 2 for this year. Or perhaps the speculation is correct that it remains dormant after "recovery."

I go to a university and being a college town, our county's cases doubled in the last 2 weeks.

I'm pissed because I'm hyper-vigilant about using masks/respirators, sanitizing, showering and changing clothes after going anywhere etc. Have been since March.

It doesn't matter.

You are making a lot of assumptions about what is going on without actually seeing a doctor or getting any blood work. Get a CV-19 test, see a doctor, get some labs done. This is not something you want to sit around and try to guess what is happening. You need real answers, not speculation. Don't assume that it is CV-19 and do nothing. I am not saying that is something serious as it most likely is not, but in reality you have no idea what it is.

You are making a lot of assumptions about what is going on without actually seeing a doctor or getting any blood work. Get a CV-19 test, see a doctor, get some labs done. This is not something you want to sit around and try to guess what is happening. You need real answers, not speculation. Don't assume that it is CV-19 and do nothing. I am not saying that is something serious as it most likely is not, but in reality you have no idea what it is.
Exactly, and if it is covid-19 then there are a few things they can do for you to help out I think. As far as getting sick 2x, I dont think they know much about it yet and if you are a case then the medical care system should know about it because it could help others if they know what to look for. It almost sounds as if you are more sick now than before.

It could also not even be viral. You just dont know. Call in to your GP and tell them you have the covid symptoms and they will tell you where to go. I think in most cases they want you to go somewhere special so as to not spread it any more. All of the doctor's offices I have been to wont even let you in the door if you have symptoms and or a fever.

I can't say 100% that it is what I have and have had back in March because I haven't been tested. Being tested (as far as the patient is concerned) is extremely pointless (barring other likely health issues) and the tests alone have many issues with false positives and negatives. Even the antibody tests are hit/miss, albeit less so and for different reasons.

Edit: Yes I would get tested so others could know.. If I had gone places besides the one place I went. Which is where I got sick from.

But it looks like a duck, quacks, waddles, has webbed feet and feathers, and floats down the river.

My classes are online and the only place I have been indoors in 2 weeks is the school bookstore. That place is totally covered in the virus and there'd be no way to tell who was there at the time. That would be where I got it from as well.

I'm honestly kinda pissed to be going through this as I take more precautions than anybody else I know. I'm a biochem major and have been studying the virus (research, not lab) since late January.
Your luck sounds like mine. Im careful too since I already have heart failure.

At this point I think its almost best if it is the virus, that way you know that there is nothing really wrong with your body. You still need to get diagnosed though I think, since you are having those heart palps. Your symptoms are more than just the sniffles. Id say if you were barely sick, then yeah just stay home and recover/isolate. You have some significant symptoms though and should be checked out and monitored.

Let us know after you get tested. I for one would really like to know. Its too bad that you werent tested before so there is not way to know for sure that you had it 2x. How much time separated your two possible infections? 4 months? Some were saying that there were people that tested having not antibodies after having been infected only 3 months prior.

Exactly, and if it is covid-19 then there are a few things they can do for you to help out I think. As far as getting sick 2x, I dont think they know much about it yet and if you are a case then the medical care system should know about it because it could help others if they know what to look for. It almost sounds as if you are more sick now than before.

It could also not even be viral. You just dont know. Call in to your GP and tell them you have the covid symptoms and they will tell you where to go. I think in most cases they want you to go somewhere special so as to not spread it any more. All of the doctor's offices I have been to wont even let you in the door if you have symptoms and or a fever.

Fellas, I agree with you and understand what you're saying. There are confounding and chaotic factors and variables.

1. Even if I wanted to get tested, I can't. I live blocks from the university. Humongous number of new infections. Uncountable. They don't want people coming in (school or hospitals) and spreading it more. The official policy is to immediately quarantine until 2 weeks after symptoms resolve. They ARE doing antibody testing for after symptoms are gone.

2. Tests are very inaccurate. Be it procedure, material, detecting other coronaviridae, etc. Last I checked, we are at 40% false positives (ever changing approximation)

3. There really is no treatment. There are compassionate use experimental treatments like plasmopheresis etc if somebody is dying. And if I feel like I'm dying I will go in. But the local doctors are not prescribing anything.

You're all correct and I really appreciate your input. But really, right now all I can do is try to mitigate or heal any damage.

I had not heard of astralagus before I made this thread. The studies I've read on it regarding renal health weren't conclusive but it could be worth a shot.

My kidneys aren't as bad as I may have made it sound. They hurt bad back in march, and I felt a couple twinges yesterday at the onset of the basic symptoms. I'm more frustrated and disheartened than anything.

I will get blood drawn in a couple weeks for the antibody tests, but even that test is highly variable and sometimes inconclusive

I can't say 100% that it is what I have and have had back in March because I haven't been tested. Being tested (as far as the patient is concerned) is extremely pointless (barring other likely health issues) and the tests alone have many issues with false positives and negatives. Even the antibody tests are hit/miss, albeit less so and for different reasons.

Edit: Yes I would get tested so others could know.. If I had gone places besides the one place I went. Which is where I got sick from.

But it looks like a duck, quacks, waddles, has webbed feet and feathers, and floats down the river.

My classes are online and the only place I have been indoors in 2 weeks is the school bookstore. That place is totally covered in the virus and there'd be no way to tell who was there at the time. That would be where I got it from as well.

I'm honestly kinda pissed to be going through this as I take more precautions than anybody else I know. I'm a biochem major and have been studying the virus (research, not lab) since late January.

Your Original post and heading says nothing about covid. Hint: your wrong

Fellas, I agree with you and understand what you're saying. There are confounding and chaotic factors and variables.

1. Even if I wanted to get tested, I can't. I live blocks from the university. Humongous number of new infections. Uncountable. They don't want people coming in (school or hospitals) and spreading it more. The official policy is to immediately quarantine until 2 weeks after symptoms resolve. They ARE doing antibody testing for after symptoms are gone.

2. Tests are very inaccurate. Be it procedure, material, detecting other coronaviridae, etc. Last I checked, we are at 40% false positives (ever changing approximation)

3. There really is no treatment. There are compassionate use experimental treatments like plasmopheresis etc if somebody is dying. And if I feel like I'm dying I will go in. But the local doctors are not prescribing anything.

You're all correct and I really appreciate your input. But really, right now all I can do is try to mitigate or heal any damage.

I had not heard of astralagus before I made this thread. The studies I've read on it regarding renal health weren't conclusive but it could be worth a shot.

My kidneys aren't as bad as I may have made it sound. They hurt bad back in march, and I felt a couple twinges yesterday at the onset of the basic symptoms. I'm more frustrated and disheartened than anything.

I will get blood drawn in a couple weeks for the antibody tests, but even that test is highly variable and sometimes inconclusive
Good points. So at least get the antibody test in the end after the 2 week quarantine is over. It sounds like youll probably be just fine this time around too. Im sure you know when to call it quits and go to the ER for help. Dont wait too long if things get bad. How high is your fever?

Your luck sounds like mine. Im careful too since I already have heart failure.

At this point I think its almost best if it is the virus, that way you know that there is nothing really wrong with your body. You still need to get diagnosed though I think, since you are having those heart palps. Your symptoms are more than just the sniffles. Id say if you were barely sick, then yeah just stay home and recover/isolate. You have some significant symptoms though and should be checked out and monitored.

Currently myocarditis is evident in ~30% of patients examined. That stat can vary of course. Kidney issues are somewhat common as well.

So are you worried about Covid or kidney problems?

If it were me, i'd care less about Covid at this point, unless you are 55 and over. My concern would be for Kidney problems, but if I read you correctly, you self-diagnosed that, and it may not even be anything. Do you have a primary family physician, or a general physician you see?

Call your GP and make an appt for the 'kidney pains,' and tell him you'd like to be checked out. Wear your mask, social distance, and wash your hands.

Currently myocarditis is evident in ~30% of patients examined. That stat can vary of course. Kidney issues are somewhat common as well.
Be vigilant of blood clots too please! I was talking to my hematologist about that and hes glad I am already on coumadin. I will be protected against that at least if I get sick with it. Im not sure where most of the blood clots are happening, are you? I just know of the one case that was really public, the one involving the broadway actor that got a clot while sick with it and eventually died in the hospital after being in there for like 2 months or more. He had a clot in his leg and had to have it amputated.

My hematologist seemed very concerned about the effects on the blood, and the clots that go with it. If you have trouble breathing, it could be a pulmonary embolism

Good points. So at least get the antibody test in the end after the 2 week quarantine is over. It sounds like youll probably be just fine this time around too. Im sure you know when to call it quits and go to the ER for help. Dont wait too long if things get bad. How high is your fever?

No thermometer. They were sold out last I looked. Warm to the touch, chills and sweats. Not as bad as in march but it can be deceiving.

I have yet to hear of a case where somebodys fever spiked too high and wouldnt come down, but I certainly don't know everything

Be vigilant of blood clots too please! I was talking to my hematologist about that and hes glad I am already on coumadin. I will be protected against that at least if I get sick with it. Im not sure where most of the blood clots are happening, are you? I just know of the one case that was really public, the one involving the broadway actor that got a clot while sick with it and eventually died in the hospital after being in there for like 2 months or more. He had a clot in his leg and had to have it amputated.

My hematologist seemed very concerned about the effects on the blood, and the clots that go with it. If you have trouble breathing, it could be a pulmonary embolism

From what Ive seen, the clots usually cause stroke or heart attack slightly more often than PE. The leg embolism is interesting.

This bastard virus is kinda fascinating. It seems to be less of a respiratory illness and more of an attack on the circulatory system. Substantial evidence of acting like enchephalitis or dengue fever. We'll learn new and interesting things for a while.

I appreciate everybodys suggestions. Im supposed to stay put and lay low until 2 weeks after my symptoms resolve unless I have really bad symptoms. I will get an antibody test but I'm not confident it will do much besides satisfy curiousity.

I'm not as sick as I was in March. Not even close (knock on wood). I just want to mitigate any damage being done with a limited number of herbs, supplements etc.

If it gets bad I will call ahead to the ER and go in. I promise

My wife just mentioned she read about what they are calling "long haulers", people that don't seem to recover from it and stay sick a long time. Sounds like you.

If you have a lot of inflammation ,even the heart like pericarditis, simple ibuprofen can help that. I think that's what they gave after my heart attack when my sac was inflamed.

My wife just mentioned she read about what they are calling "long haulers", people that don't seem to recover from it and stay sick a long time. Sounds like you.

If you have a lot of inflammation ,even the heart like pericarditis, simple ibuprofen can help that. I think that's what they gave after my heart attack when my sac was inflamed.

Well I was completely fine and feeling great for a couple months. Its not yet known if its caused by reinfection due to short-lived antibodies (2-3 months last avg I've read) or if it stays dormant and resurges (like HPV). My sister still has a cough after testing positive in June.

I was wondering about ibuprofen vs aspirin. We know aspirin generally can offer some protection from MI but also slightly increase risk of stroke. Since people have had both, and the virus is doing weird things with regard to clotting, o2 saturation etc it seems like kind of a gamble. If I am having renal issues I was concerned about taking an NSAID, but maybe a low dose would be ok.

I'm not a professional. Just a student. So by no means do I want to come off as having every answer. I've found that the more I learn, the more questions I have. I'm just disheartened and frustrated

Well I was completely fine and feeling great for a couple months. Its not yet known if its caused by reinfection due to short-lived antibodies (2-3 months last avg I've read) or if it stays dormant and resurges (like HPV). My sister still has a cough after testing positive in June.

I was wondering about ibuprofen vs aspirin. We know aspirin generally can offer some protection from MI but also slightly increase risk of stroke. Since people have had both, and the virus is doing weird things with regard to clotting, o2 saturation etc it seems like kind of a gamble. If I am having renal issues I was concerned about taking an NSAID, but maybe a low dose would be ok.

I'm not a professional. Just a student. So by no means do I want to come off as having every answer. I've found that the more I learn, the more questions I have. I'm just disheartened and frustrated

I'm a little confused what you are going on and on about if it is just your own monologue of self diagnosis, doubt, and self pity. I don't want you to be sick or have complications but this is an awful lot of theatre for nothing else than a spectacle for the forum. Go get some real answers and get back to us.

On a separate note..for those that are worried about aspirin..do you think nattokinase would be a prudent choice? Or is it serrapeptase or a combo? I did see one product offered by Life Extension called Venoflow with Pycnogenol(I believe) and Nattokinase.

This will be the tale of another Darwin Award Winner! Unbelievable!!

Do a search on here for Astragalus and/or kidneys but see a doctor immediately.

I'm a little confused what you are going on and on about if it is just your own monologue of self diagnosis, doubt, and self pity. I don't want you to be sick or have complications but this is an awful lot of theatre for nothing else than a spectacle for the forum. Go get some real answers and get back to us.

On a separate note..for those that are worried about aspirin..do you think nattokinase would be a prudent choice? Or is it serrapeptase or a combo? I did see one product offered by Life Extension called Venoflow with Pycnogenol(I believe) and Nattokinase.

Sorry you're so easily confused and upset. The info I'm looking for is really quite clear. Herbs, supplements, etc that might improve or relieve kidneys.

If you had actually read what you're whining about, you'd know why I can't just go in.

Two questions; who's forcing you to read a thread that upsets you so much? And what makes you the arbiter of all content?

This will be the tale of another Darwin Award Winner! Unbelievable!!

Do a search on here for Astragalus and/or kidneys but see a doctor immediately.

Considering the pain is a fraction of what it was, I can't consider it a serious symptom. It's the duration (after a period of apparent recovery) that has concerned me.

Once again, people with the other symptoms I have (which points directly to a very common illness going around that you might have heard of) have been requested to NOT go to the hospital unless it's an emergency.

What's so unbelievable? What makes me a "Darwin Award" candidate, exactly? Darwin's theory doesn't even have anything to do with choices lol

So are you worried about Covid or kidney problems?

If it were me, i'd care less about Covid at this point, unless you are 55 and over. My concern would be for Kidney problems, but if I read you correctly, you self-diagnosed that, and it may not even be anything. Do you have a primary family physician, or a general physician you see?

Call your GP and make an appt for the 'kidney pains,' and tell him you'd like to be checked out. Wear your mask, social distance, and wash your hands.

This, this is starting to sound like a mental health hypochondriac issue.

The thread was started about something very concerning, kidney issues. Yet there is no real evidence of kidney issues.

Now worried about covid? If you fear covid I cant give you any advice but I'm sure online and in person you can find people that will be more than happy to reinforce your covid fear and then some. Read the right sites and forums and you may end up becoming obsessed with covid and ignoring the real pahycial or mental issues you may have.

My simple advice get a urinalysis and CBC to make sure your kidneys are fine, get a therapist, and focus on cardio, healthy diet, some supplements, getting regular blood work, hanging with supportive people or finding a career, and worry less about masks and sanitizer.

Set some career goals, find a trade, maybe talk to a career counselor I dont think the military is a good idea personally. Medical field, trades, cyber security, possibly corrections as a stable career (would not reccomend police with how they are being portrayed). Relax a little.

Considering the pain is a fraction of what it was, I can't consider it a serious symptom. It's the duration (after a period of apparent recovery) that has concerned me.

Once again, people with the other symptoms I have (which points directly to a very common illness going around that you might have heard of) have been requested to NOT go to the hospital unless it's an emergency.

What's so unbelievable? What makes me a "Darwin Award" candidate, exactly? Darwin's theory doesn't even have anything to do with choices lol

You have no idea what's happening with your health but you assume you're in kidney failure and in need of dialysis. You sound like a hypochondriac. What would make you assume you need dialysis because you have pain back there? I'm just going off of what you posted. You need an internist and psychiatrist.

Darwin Award Winners are people that don't use common sense and usually wind up deceased from their stupidity! There are a series of books called Darwin Award Winners filled with stories.

I truly hope you get your head right, see a doctor for all the things that going on. Hopefully you don't wait too long and they're able to treat you and get you tip top!

Back in March my symptoms started. Severe chills and sweats. Sore throat. Constant headache. Nausea. Joint pains. Passed out once. Not much of a cough at all.. SEVERE pulsing kidney pain.

Wasn't tested to confirm. There are no treatments so there was no point.

Things gradually got better. Kidney pain lasted the longest of my symptoms but it slowly got better.

The past couple weeks I started getting heart palpitations and a mild gripping heart pain when they occur.. This has happened to me very rarely since childhood so I wasn't too concerned. I've been diagnosed with a benign murmur way back. But it has never been this frequent (multiple times a day now)

My kidneys are starting to hurt again..

I'd rather die than regularly be on dialysis. Not joking.. I don't want an infection diagnosis on my record. I've been trying to enlist in the military and I'm supposed to have an entrance physical soon. I'm starting to wonder if I should scrap the idea.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear