over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with Internet businesses?

big_byrd52

World Record Holder/Featured Member/KiloKlub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
IS there anyone on this site that has experience or can help me with some questions i have relating to internet business. I need info on setting up a form of online payment on website, writing and setting up ebooks for sale, and some other ventures i am undertaking. if anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction i would appreciate it.

I am also looking for anyone who has experience in the magazine industry who i can talk to and learn a little about the process of finding writers, articles, how they are reimbursed. Also with finding advertisements in the mag and how those spots sell.

thanks for any help, Sam Byrd.

The internet portion is easy. You just set up a website that lists all your products. Select an online merchant and they will send you a portion of code to incorporate into your ecommerce site and then you have to but a SSL certificate which the merchant will usually provide for for a cost. Then you are set up to recieve online payments via your merchant account. They have a set-up fee, cost per transaction fees and fees for things like 128-bit SSL certificate for security.

It is a little more than the average joe would want to do though so you would need to find a web-design firm to design you site and give you a "backend" that you can post new products, check statistics, etc.

Good luck BigB.

I worked for a credit card processing company for several years in their research dept, which had me dealing directly with customers and with the sales reps. The same company I worked for tried to f**k me over when I tried to get a merchant account with them, even tho I knew all their BS tricks, what a joke. anyway.

My advice... check out several places, they're going to check your credit history, and it's also going to be based on what you're selling, volume, and all that good stuff. BE CAREFUL.... look for end of contract fees, one place may have NO end of contract fees, while another may charge anywhere from 150-500, and yet another may charge you a minimum monthly payment (such as, if you did 0 transactions, let's just say you'd pay $50 per month for the merchant account, and if you have a 24 month agreement, and you decide at month 6 that you hate their service, well just they stuck you with 18 months of that "minimum payment" so your end of contract fee is going to be $900)

Chargebacks are a major concern, esp with internet businesses, I worked in CB dept for about 6 months before I went to research, and I have seen people get ripped for thousands of $$'s.

I'm not saying don't do it, or to say anything negatively, because IMO, its great to have an internet business, depending on what the business is anyway. Its great to be self employed, and I do wish you the best.

If you or anyone has any ?'s about the credit card industry, shoot me over an email or PM me, I'll be more then happy to assist you any way that I can.

Just make sure you read all the fine details, because if a sales rep can f' you over, he will. Trust me on that. I have dealt with hundreds of them, and they can talk a good game.

If you want to get people to write articles for you try elance.com there you can post a writing job and you describe what you want and what price you want the article written for and writers will offer to write it for you.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131