over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High BP 142/108

hes really not that far out of range, so medication is probably not necessary yet.. i would want to ask what the OP's diet looks like, what kind of cardio is being done, family history etc. before immediately throwing medication at someone...it sucks that in the US all doctors seem to want to do is throw pills at these kind of issues rather than make the person be accountable for lifestyle changes..

Diet is fairly good, tilapia, bison, oats, blueberries, white rice, potatos and such. Cardio at least 20-30 every workout. And for me its got to be hereditary.

Don't mess with your blood pressure. I had stroke because I neglected mine. Attend to it right away.

sorry to hear that
how old were you?
and is it because of usage of steroid for long time?

Diet is fairly good, tilapia, bison, oats, blueberries, white rice, potatos and such. Cardio at least 20-30 every workout. And for me its got to be hereditary.

Sounds like your lifestyle is in check. But take this sh*t seriously. Too many guys on this board have had potentially avoidable health problems. Their advice is consistent: moderate cycles and attention to bp, blood counts, liver labs, etc.

I try to keep my bp in the range, using a beta blocker during certain periods.

After suffering my blood clot/heart attack, we keep mine down to around 105/70 or so. I am taking a beta blocker (coreg) along with lisinopril (ACE inhibitor).

Common...

Mucinex, especially Mucinex DM, Dayquil, espresso all can cause increased BP. Especially cold medicines. You don't tolerate them well. Don't take anything with DM. I am in the medical field and find this to be a quite common problem. Quit taking those things and then re-check your blood pressure or have it checked. Also make sure the nurse uses the big cuff on you if your arms are bigger.[/QUOTE]

Besides all the other suggestions/advice of course being well.... THIS is quite common in the office, can make a signficant difference actually... can change my systolic by almost 15 points.

I had a dr tell me once that if you have a lot of muscle mass, the common ranges for BP dont appy. For example say you have a BP of 140/80. Thats borderline high and could be a concern for a 160lb guy but if your a 250+lb bodybuilder its only natural to have a higher BP and will not cause the same health risks as a normal individual.

I had a dr tell me once that if you have a lot of muscle mass, the common ranges for BP dont appy. For example say you have a BP of 140/80. Thats borderline high and could be a concern for a 160lb guy but if your a 250+lb bodybuilder its only natural to have a higher BP and will not cause the same health risks as a normal individual.

I really dont thnk there is any science behind that. I should not matter how much muscle mass you carry, and if it is true then it isnt healthy for you. Having even a boarderline high BP for a lifetime is a risk factor.

^^ I had an echo done and heart was slightly enlarged. Very slight, still within range, but on slight higher end in one area i believe. They again told me its nothing to worry about if your a big guy and its only natural. If the #'s were the same for someone small it could be a concern. I dont see the science either but it does seem logical. bigger guy, more muscle, takes more to push blood, heart's a muscle as well so naturally should be a littler larger, valves should be a little larger,etc... I dont see how a bodybuilder who's big could ever have the same BP and heart size as your average 160lb man who doesnt train.

I have had higher systolic before and after talking with a cardiologist i believe that most important is keeping diastolic under 85.

With cardio and good diet there is no need for high BP just because you are big. I am 5ft8 242lb and bp is normaly 126/80........when i get to 220lb its 118/66.

man, some of your guys numbers are scary, i was hating 135/90................so i got off after 1.5 yrs on

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws