over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HIIT or Low intensity

Just curious what kind of cardio everyone does either Offseason or precontest?

I typically do HR at 150 for 30 minutes 3-5 days/week, but I have been thinking about adding sprints/HIIT to really increase my cardio ability

i usually just spar, grapple, or hit the bag for a few rounds every few days...

I KNOW FOR A FACT that when your HEART RATE ELEVATES past a certain point, your body will use carbohydrates for FUEL. If you don't have any stored carbohydrates in the form of glycogen, the body will BREAK DOWN AMINO ACIDS(MUSCLE TISSUE) AND OXIDIZE THEM FOR ENERGY!!

LOW INTENSITY CARDIO in the morning would burn mostly fat..but less total calories..

And have less of an EPOC effect as well,let's not forget.

Im sick of people and this empty stomach HIIT "is it going to burn more fat?" The point of HIIT isn't to burn more fat while you are doing it... its the after effect you are looking for. Working at such a high intensity will increase your metabolism for the next 24-40+ hours and shift the energy utilization of your body. Low intensity long duration burns more total calories than HIIT... so if you want to be in the "fat burning zone" bullshit bologna then do it that route.

MO
fasted (apart from whey in water 30mins b4) steady state moderate intensity is the best way
failing that postworkout
done hiit, it has its place but i think for fat loss its best on an empty stomach

Unless your an endurance athlete or on a low carb diet or have a manual labour job, you will have more than enough stored glycogen to fuel the workout.

Chances are you probably weight trained the day before ate plenty of carbs since and rested. Our bodies preferred source of fuel is fat and we use fat as fuel at all times other than high intensity activities. So you will still have an ample supply of carbs in your body even if you ate last nights meal with some carbs and trained on an empty stomach.

Do you really thing the 250g+ stored glycogen got burned off over night while you were sleeping?

Unless your a mass monster 260+lbs where simple cardio is going to be high intensity anyway, the thought that HIIT is catabolic is over rated. Especially if you are in a fed state and not carb depleted.

Last edited:
Unless your an endurance athlete or on a low carb diet or have a manual labour job, you will have more than enough stored glycogen to fuel the workout.

Chances are you probably weight trained the day before ate plenty of carbs since and rested. Our bodies preferred source of fuel is fat and we use fat as fuel at all times other than high intensity activities. So you will still have an ample supply of carbs in your body even if you ate last nights meal with some carbs and trained on an empty stomach.

Do you really thing the 250g+ stored glycogen got burned off over night while you were sleeping?

Unless your a mass monster 260+lbs where simple cardio is going to be high intensity anyway, the thought that HIIT is catabolic is over rated. Especially if you are in a fed state and not carb depleted.

Not, "especially", "ONLY"! :)

I KNOW FOR A FACT that when your HEART RATE ELEVATES past a certain point, your body will use carbohydrates for FUEL. If you don't have any stored carbohydrates in the form of glycogen, the body will BREAK DOWN AMINO ACIDS(MUSCLE TISSUE) AND OXIDIZE THEM FOR ENERGY!!

LOW INTENSITY CARDIO in the morning would burn mostly fat..but less total calories..

I am sorry but you do NOT know for a fact :)

Past a certain point of intensity, generally 90% effort, the body breaks down equal levels of energy sources and this pathway gets more efficient as your body adapts. The same applies if its at a lower level - VO2 and Intensity and Heart Rate as well as conditioning determine what energy substrate the body will use. Lets also not forget the relationship of Intensity v ATP - the less recovery that is present - the greater the demand on the overall energy availability and breakdown.

A huge misconception that still exists today is that HIIT "cardio" is bad for the body - like you may burn muscle there and then. That's absurd if I may say, as the net effect of muscular growth is cumalative over period X.

I could go in to a long yet laborious chain of posts with significant data but that will not be necessary here.

This is so cool.

Hey,

You know what I like about BBing; there are so many good opinions out there.
I don't think any of us are 100% wrong or 100% right.
Being a diabetic certainly makes my approach unique to me.
As long as we're making progress, that's really all that matters.
So, keep doing your own deal. It's always great to agree to disagree.
Everyone has valid points.

The only thing where I will draw a line in the sand is regarding stims.
All stims; caffeine, ephedra, yohimbe, guarana, speed stack drinks, etc.
They are all have a vascular restriction factor, in other words, they constrict blood flow. You may like the "amped-up" feeling you get, and they can be addictive.

But the bottom line of TRUTH and FACT is that you inhibit muscle gains by using these products. If that's OK with you, rock on!
They certainly play no role in my approach, they're expensive and don't do anything for muscle growth. So why take them?

You don't have to answer that question. Just know the truth.

Peace Brothers,

Mack

:yeahthat:

For my intervals I usually jack rabbit my wife for about 1 min then go slow for about 2 mins. I just have a problem getting my cardio session to make it past my first two intervals. haha.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws