over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hospitalized Tachycardia & Low Oxygen

dragonfire101

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Was Hospitalized the last several days after a routine arthroscopic surgery because of Tachycardia & Low Oxygen I could not go home. WTF

Doctors contribute these issues from my sleep apnea.

Last edited:
Damn thats no good! What was your HR and oxygen levels? Had you been diagnosed with sleep apnea prior to this?
Hope things are better for you now?

did they check for a pulmonary embolism? (blood clot in the lung)

Damn thats no good! What was your HR and oxygen levels? Had you been diagnosed with sleep apnea prior to this?
Hope things are better for you now?

oxygen leveles 82 without and 93 with. Heart rate was 130. Yes was diagnosed with sleep apnea 5 yrs ago.

They did Chest X -Ray, EKG, Blood work all cam back negative. took 2 days jsut to get my oxygen to get to 93 without oxygen and my herat rate was still 120 when I left.

Are you on anything? Or is this entirely due to untreated sleep apnea?

Keep us updated on things, DF. Stay well brother:)

did you have a sleep study to determine optimal cpap settings and are you using it? untreated sleep apnea can get you in world of trouble health-wise. not trying to harp on you DF.....just concerned for you man.

Wow that really doesn't sound like sleep apnea. Did they do a spiral CT with contrast to R/O PE? Hope you feel better.

Are you prescribed a CPAP machine at home?
If so, let them know and a respiratory therapist can easily titrate it to your preferred settings (or if you know your IPAP #'s let them know).
Dr's are notorious for missing the obvious... don't think they will put you on a CPAP/BIPAP just because sleep apnea is in your list of diagnoses.

Just wanted to wish the best ......I have always liked you and am concerned .......keep us posted .....thanks .......I really hope things resolve very quickly for you !!! Much love

PE is what came to mind also. Sleep apnea should affect sao2 levels while awake, but if your CBC, d-dimer, and chest CT came back normal then it's not a PE.

Hope everything works out for you.

Was Hospitalized the last several days after a routine arthroscopic surgery because of Tachycardia & Low Oxygen I could not go home. WTF

Doctors contribute these issues from my sleep apnea.

sorry to hear dragon-wishing you a speedy recovery.
Are you getting treatment with a CPAP or BI-PAP?
Additionally I think for severe cases -machines are available that provide oxygen.

Sorry to hear this Dragon. You'll get thru it, no doubt.
In my prayers brother.

Very sorry to hear this issue came up unexpectedly Dragonfire. Are the doctors having you follow-up on the sleep apnea issue? Get better fast bro.

I had several sleep studies and a CPAP but was never able to acclimate to it. Never could sleep more than 1-2hr with the mask. I need teh full face mask too. I tied about 8-10 different ones. So I have a mouth piece that pulls my jar forward when I sleep. It helps but not as good as a cpap, but I tried for 3-4 yrs wit cpasp and never could get use to it.

The issue I guess is if you have moderate to severe sleep apnea surgery with anesthesia can cause some issues and then they also gave me pain meds which slowed down by breathing rate on top of trying to recover from the anesthesia so I guess it put me body over the edge. They were informed ahead of time I had sleep apena as well. Guess Im getting to old body and cant handle stuff like a surgery well after having sleep apena for probably 7-8 yrs now.

Im wondering if I can get oxygen to take home. That would be great. After being on the stuff for couple days I felt so awake and alert.

Just wanted to wish the best ......I have always liked you and am concerned .......keep us posted .....thanks .......I really hope things resolve very quickly for you !!! Much love

Thanks man doing better. I really need to loose weight. My mind is set having a lean mma look instead of bulky muscle look, but that's always been hard as I grow easy. I'm really going to have to cut calories. Even if I loose some weight sleep apnea should hopefully improve a little.

wateva the situation and anything following it, i wish you the best and hope everything works out well for you (health, bodybuilding, loves etc)

Feel better soon, DF!! I hope it all works out ASAP!

Thanks man doing better. I really need to loose weight. My mind is set having a lean mma look instead of bulky muscle look, but that's always been hard as I grow easy. I'm really going to have to cut calories. Even if I loose some weight sleep apnea should hopefully improve a little.

I have sleep apnea as well. Went in for a sleep study to find out it was "moderate". Never did follow through with getting a CPAP. Chose to lean out and see if it improved. Dropped 85 pounds in about 9 months through calorie reduction, cardio and lighter,quicker training (yes, I lost a good amount of strength and that was a tough mental barrier to get through.).
Went from 307 to 222 that I'm at now and sleep much better. Haven't went back in for another sleep study as of yet, but I have a strong feeling that the sleep apnea will be much improved, if not gone. Wife says loud snoring has decreased dramatically as well.
BTW- I'm 46 and 6'1".
Lose the weight bro...you'll be glad you did. Time to lean out for the long haul.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear