over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hospitalized Tachycardia & Low Oxygen

I wonder where you were bro. Glad you are ok and getting it sorted. Would losing some weight will help with sleep apnea?

DF, best wishes. Do whatever it takes. Imho AAS = Sleep Apnea for many.

You can still look exceptional on HRT doses. I dont think its possible to look good dead.

Thanks for sharing your dramatic experience, now make some changes and stay safe.

I have sleep apnea as well. Went in for a sleep study to find out it was "moderate". Never did follow through with getting a CPAP. Chose to lean out and see if it improved. Dropped 85 pounds in about 9 months through calorie reduction, cardio and lighter,quicker training (yes, I lost a good amount of strength and that was a tough mental barrier to get through.).
Went from 307 to 222 that I'm at now and sleep much better. Haven't went back in for another sleep study as of yet, but I have a strong feeling that the sleep apnea will be much improved, if not gone. Wife says loud snoring has decreased dramatically as well.
BTW- I'm 46 and 6'1".
Lose the weight bro...you'll be glad you did. Time to lean out for the long haul.

Big Vin, you have my respect for your good judgement.

Not trying to point out the obvious, just giving my opinion. Your elevated heart rate is due to your low oxygen saturation. Which can def be attributed to sleep apnea. Do you experience and trouble/pain with breathing or shortness of breath while your awake?

BIPAP

I have asthma and sleep apnea so I feel your pain.
Doc put me on CPAP machine by mistake and I spent a year fighting
panic attacks and finally gave up...then I got the right machine and things are way better.
People think that sleep apnea is this sleepy guys cute little disease and it won't hurt you, right?

Try getting choked out every minute or so when you fall asleep by some sadistic bastard. Or waterboarding till you just pass out... man I was getting 8minutes of REM sleep a night.

Spending 43 seconds out of every minute breathing.

It was maddening. Now I am fighting the mental fears of getting into that mask every night. The experiences with the CPAP machine are making me dread the BIPAP. Remember that spider thing on dude's face in that movie Alien? But it works fine and it's all psychological...which isn't any less real!!!

Anyway good luck and keep us posted on your progress!!!

E

DF, best wishes. Do whatever it takes. Imho AAS = Sleep Apnea for many.

You can still look exceptional on HRT doses. I dont think its possible to look good dead.

Thanks for sharing your dramatic experience, now make some changes and stay safe.

Thing is I don’t use AAS been on HRT 150mg Test week around that dose for like 8yrs now. I had sleep apnea before even gaining more muscle and weight when I only was weighing 220. I end up gaining weight to 250 not even wanting to. When I was 220 the doctors wanted be at 180 , which is impossible since I was only 8% bdf at 220. I have large frame and graduated HS 200lbs ripped. So last time I was 180 was a Jr in HS.

Getting back to 220 would help little not solve all of my problems.

I have several anatomical issues that contribute to my sleep apnea., my jar position and tissues in my throat both contribute to a narrow airway and then weight gain on top of that.

I do agree AAS and weight gain increase risk of sleep apnea though.

Not trying to point out the obvious, just giving my opinion. Your elevated heart rate is due to your low oxygen saturation. Which can def be attributed to sleep apnea. Do you experience and trouble/pain with breathing or shortness of breath while your awake?

Only when training MMA sparing On the mat when using your entire cardiopulmonary system.

Cardio alone NO

Weight Training alone NO

Training MMA were both are kind of combined YES

I have asthma and sleep apnea so I feel your pain.
Doc put me on CPAP machine by mistake and I spent a year fighting
panic attacks and finally gave up...then I got the right machine and things are way better.
People think that sleep apnea is this sleepy guys cute little disease and it won't hurt you, right?

Try getting choked out every minute or so when you fall asleep by some sadistic bastard. Or waterboarding till you just pass out... man I was getting 8minutes of REM sleep a night.

Spending 43 seconds out of every minute breathing.

It was maddening. Now I am fighting the mental fears of getting into that mask every night. The experiences with the CPAP machine are making me dread the BIPAP. Remember that spider thing on dude's face in that movie Alien? But it works fine and it's all psychological...which isn't any less real!!!

Anyway good luck and keep us posted on your progress!!!

E

Im going to ask the doctor if I can get some type of sleeping pill and try to use my CPAP again, whcih really is a BIPAP. I have a BIPAP.

They did Chest X -Ray, EKG, Blood work all cam back negative. took 2 days jsut to get my oxygen to get to 93 without oxygen and my herat rate was still 120 when I left.

Did you get an echocardiogram? Those symtoms are the exact thing I had when I was suffering from cardiomyopathy. My ejection fraction was down to about 35%. I would want that checked out if I were you. My EKG was perfectly normal at the time BTW. 9-10 months off the AAS and my heart recovered to 55%.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. It has to be quite a scare. :(

Did you get an echocardiogram? Those symtoms are the exact thing I had when I was suffering from cardiomyopathy. My ejection fraction was down to about 35%. I would want that checked out if I were you. My EKG was perfectly normal at the time BTW. 9-10 months off the AAS and my heart recovered to 55%.

No did not get echocardiogram done. Maybe I will follow up with cardiologist.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. It has to be quite a scare. :(

Just seems weird about to only turn 34 in a month. So ya scary :( as you usually think of heart issues with someone older...

Last edited:
Just seems weird about to only turn 34 in a month. So ya scary :( as you usually think of heart issues with someone older...

I was about that age when I had my cardiomyopathy. I did see though where you havent been using anything other than the typical real HRT dose of test which is good to see, so hopefully your heart is ok. I would ask your doctor about getting one done though. I remember my resting heart rate was about 120 or so when I had mine, and I would be lying in bed in the morning when I awoke and it was that way. The heart beats faster like that as a way to compensate for the lower ejection fraction (stroke volume). Cardiac output= stroke volume X heart rate. So in order to supply the body with enough oxygen the heart beats faster because its pumping less blood with each beat. My heart was described as being hypokinetic (not moving as much as normal). On the echo you can see it while they are running the tests, the walls of your heart dont move a whole lot and its as if they are all stiffened. Scary as shit to see it on the screen.

I was about that age when I had my cardiomyopathy. I did see though where you havent been using anything other than the typical real HRT dose of test which is good to see, so hopefully your heart is ok. I would ask your doctor about getting one done though. I remember my resting heart rate was about 120 or so when I had mine, and I would be lying in bed in the morning when I awoke and it was that way. The heart beats faster like that as a way to compensate for the lower ejection fraction (stroke volume). Cardiac output= stroke volume X heart rate. So in order to supply the body with enough oxygen the heart beats faster because its pumping less blood with each beat. My heart was described as being hypokinetic (not moving as much as normal). On the echo you can see it while they are running the tests, the walls of your heart dont move a whole lot and its as if they are all stiffened. Scary as shit to see it on the screen.

I reviewed the different types of cardiomyopathy and think I'm at risk for dilated cardiomyopathy because under possible causes was sleep apnea and stimulant use. I have sleep apnea and have used fat burners(ECA) I would say regularly. Nothing overboard recommended dosages, but pretty consistently 30 days on 30 days off probably over the last several years.

SO I WOULD SPECULATE INCREASE CHANCES OF CARDIOMYOPATHY FOR BODYBUILDERS CONSIDERING THEY MAY HAVE HIGHER RATE OF SEVERAL RISK FACTORS TOGETHER SUCH AS SLEEP APNEA, STIMULANT USE, AAS USE THAT IS HIGHER THAN GENERAL POPULATION.

Last edited:
YES

I use xanax or an OTC sleep aid when using my BIPAP but its due to the conditioned response to the mask. A year struggling with CPAP has "trained" me to dread sleep. But I'm up to 6 hours a night now up from 2-3.
I am a different person now.

Get on that BIPAP machine man.
It will save your sanity and perhaps your life.

E

A fat embolism is similar to a PE in the realm of your symptoms you were experiencing and takes 3 to 4 days to clear up. Main reason for a fat embolism is due to orthopedic surgery......ask your physician seems a lot more realistic then sleep apnea..... If you were asleep and destated to 83spO2 and a hr of 130 then I would say Sleep apnea but if this happens often your awake your body is yelling fat emboli !!!! PE would have a much more serious detrimental effect then a dropped spO2 and an increased hr. just my two cents from a few years of Ortho surgery..... Get better bro ;)

Ill keep you in my prayers brother.

I reviewed the different types of cardiomyopathy and think I'm at risk for dilated cardiomyopathy because under possible causes was sleep apnea and stimulant use. I have sleep apnea and have used fat burners(ECA) I would say regularly. Nothing overboard recommended dosages, but pretty consistently 30 days on 30 days off probably over the last several years.

SO I WOULD SPECULATE INCREASE CHANCES OF CARDIOMYOPATHY FOR BODYBUILDERS CONSIDERING THEY MAY HAVE HIGHER RATE OF SEVERAL RISK FACTORS TOGETHER SUCH AS SLEEP APNEA, STIMULANT USE, AAS USE THAT IS HIGHER THAN GENERAL POPULATION.

Yeah, mine was dilated cardiomyopathy and it was considered idiopathic since they didnt know for sure the cause. All I know is that after I got off the steroids for about 9 or 10 months my heart was back to normal again. I was on BP meds at the time I developed it too, so my BP was considered normal. Something to do with the steroids in my case. Others on here have had a similar experience. If you have it your cause may just be what you suggest. I wasnt taking any stimulants and I was tested for sleep apnea and mine came back really minor and the doc didnt think a cpap would do much for me.

A fat embolism is similar to a PE in the realm of your symptoms you were experiencing and takes 3 to 4 days to clear up. Main reason for a fat embolism is due to orthopedic surgery......ask your physician seems a lot more realistic then sleep apnea..... If you were asleep and destated to 83spO2 and a hr of 130 then I would say Sleep apnea but if this happens often your awake your body is yelling fat emboli !!!! PE would have a much more serious detrimental effect then a dropped spO2 and an increased hr. just my two cents from a few years of Ortho surgery..... Get better bro ;)

Interesting...I told my wife and actually it metions it in her nursing books, but said you would see a snowing effect in Ches X-Ray it also said not not always though and FES are hard to diagnose to this day although they been known about prior to 1900...

Yeah, mine was dilated cardiomyopathy and it was considered idiopathic since they didnt know for sure the cause. All I know is that after I got off the steroids for about 9 or 10 months my heart was back to normal again. I was on BP meds at the time I developed it too, so my BP was considered normal. Something to do with the steroids in my case. Others on here have had a similar experience. If you have it your cause may just be what you suggest. I wasnt taking any stimulants and I was tested for sleep apnea and mine came back really minor and the doc didnt think a cpap would do much for me.

I made a cardiology appointment just to follow up and I will request a cardiogram. When I was discharged they made no recommendations to see one though.

I wonder how much stress plays a role if any ? Been stressed...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws