over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

hour of cardio everyday

Creation

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey everyone,

Since gyms opened back up ive been keeping up with my hour of walking everyday - on workout days I do after weights.

On a tredmill I do 3.0mph w/ 3-6 incline

Main purpose of doing this is for overall health/ heart health

Anyone else do anything similar?

I know Doggcrapp mentioned he does 60minutes of walking hills 6 times a week as well

i do a daily brisk walk, about 30 minute outside, make sure im going fast enough that my heart rate is elevated, usually first thing in the morning. Clears my head, keeps my appetite up, some vitamin d from the sun, better insulin sensitivity, and good for the heart. When cutting i will increase the walk to about 45 minutes and if needed add a second.

It's so simple but honestly daily walks of 20 min or more are excellent additions to anyone's daily routine for numerous reasons. I do wish we had anything resembling a hill where I lived lol.

Do you guys think it matters doing the hour of cardio after weights?

Currently I dont use any intra workout supps but I was thinking about adding in EAA plus from true nutrition

i doubt it matters much but in my mind, i want to get my muscles flooded with nutrients to recover quickly after working out. I tried post workout cardio during a prep once and it affected my recovery and seemed to flatten me out more.

Do you guys think it matters doing the hour of cardio after weights?

Currently I dont use any intra workout supps but I was thinking about adding in EAA plus from true nutrition
If you're a pro bodybuilder trying to optimize every little bit then I suppose so. For 99% of us, no it's fine.

Walking probably wont harm your gains. But while doing aerobics your body produces an enzyme that stays active for about 6 hours which hinders muscle growth. How intense the aerobics have to be to activate the enzyme I have not really read much about.

The only thing I'd caution is if you diet down yearly - keeping 60 minutes of cardio in place year-round means you'll have to do that much more when it's time to get lean.

I wake up automatically early every day,,, an if the suns out .. will get a black coffee down me and go for a run or walk,, or bit of both!! Why not 😄 go the park an do some stair runs... squat jumps/lunges up the stairs 😂 step ups on the benches...all fun!! ( look a sweaty mess on my way home 🤭)
If it's raining... which it has been alot in Liverpool... I get in my crosstrainer bike and do max 30 mins tops fasted,, i like using ankle weights to,, especially if I'm gonna train legs... mainly to warm up before training, our gyms arent open yet here.. but I prefer outdoor cardio, if the weather permits!! 🌞

Almost everybody here, except for a small handful, will get anywhere in this lifestyle for a career, and imo, everybody should do more cardio here for their long-term health. I know a lot do, but a lot still do not. As much as i hate it, it makes me feel better....you have to kind of embrace it. Heck, I just use a stationary bike 80-95% of the time in front of the tv.

You know, I've been trying to get away with cardio here lately. I'm normally an every day cardio type of guy, but since I've slacked off, I notice I don't have the endurance that I used to. Going to start again this week, thanks.

I am not sure this qualifies as "cardio" but I like to walk 2 miles per day, 6x per week. It usually takes about 34 minutes. This seems to have no impact on my training program which is 3 on 1 off.

if its a true walk, i dont think it matters at all. You're just getting steps in.

But if you're bustin ass and trying to do CARDIO, than i'd keep it away from weights if possible.

Not to highjack OP’s thread here but what’s the reasoning for keeping cardio away from weights?

I don’t have much time in the mornings so was going to add in my sprints after my workouts 4x per week out of the 6 days I workout... I do push/pull/legs then 1 day off and repeat.. Was going to do sprints on the push/pull days...

The science says your interrupting different cellular pathways. mTor being for your weight training sessions and AMPk during your cardio aerobic training. AMPk is activated by fasting, aerobic training, low calories, etc.
mTor is activated by food intake (high leucine sources) and weight training. The 2 of them are supposed to be antagonistic. It's more complicated that how I'm explaining it...but when 1 turns on, the other turns off.

The literature changes and will evolve over time (plus its just hard to find good studies where the participants are well trained men) but most of this stuff has pointed to keeping sessions away from each other to realllly benefit from each individual session. It's up in the air though. I'm doing 20 mins stairmaster PWO right now but that's only because I'm deep into a diet and I'm already at 45 mins fasted in the morning.

Not to highjack OP’s thread here but what’s the reasoning for keeping cardio away from weights?

I don’t have much time in the mornings so was going to add in my sprints after my workouts 4x per week out of the 6 days I workout... I do push/pull/legs then 1 day off and repeat.. Was going to do sprints on the push/pull days...

The science says your interrupting different cellular pathways. mTor being for your weight training sessions and AMPk during your cardio aerobic training. AMPk is activated by fasting, aerobic training, low calories, etc.
mTor is activated by food intake (high leucine sources) and weight training. The 2 of them are supposed to be antagonistic. It's more complicated that how I'm explaining it...but when 1 turns on, the other turns off.

The literature changes and will evolve over time (plus its just hard to find good studies where the participants are well trained men) but most of this stuff has pointed to keeping sessions away from each other to realllly benefit from each individual session. It's up in the air though. I'm doing 20 mins stairmaster PWO right now but that's only because I'm deep into a diet and I'm already at 45 mins fasted in the morning.

Ah I see, now by “benefits” are we talking the fat burning/muscle building effects of each? The cardio vascular/health benefits?

So technically it’s a theory but nothing proven?

I really wonder about that because what about CrossFit athletes for example? Those guys lift crazy weight/volume and do crazy amounts of cardio.. I know sprint athletes do weights and sprints and even combine leg workouts with sprints.. And I would imagine there’s many other professional sports/athletes who also combine these things but I’m running out of factual examples lol...

Oh, Cameron Hanes also runs between 16 miles to a marathon a day and lifts weights too, and he may not be a bodybuilder by any means but he looks amazing (especially for his age) and he’s pretty muscular and ripped, very athletic look..

im in the same boat...only time I have to do it is right after weights

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner