over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How bad is it to drink while on test???

scrapper13

Kilo Klub Member
how bad is it really to drink while on gear?...im currently running only test and drink one to two times per week usually 2-3 drinks but no more than that... just curious as to what the rest of u guys do

ull be fine. just dont get hammered. Getting wasted destroys your gains. You feel like shit for a few days at least I do. It screws up your appetite.

Im not much of a drinker, but when I do go out with friends, I usually will have a double Johnny Walker Black and then Im on water the rest of the night.

ull be fine. just dont get hammered. Getting wasted destroys your gains. You feel like shit for a few days at least I do. It screws up your appetite.

Agreed. I feel like the healthier you are the worse the hangovers are. Even with just a few drinks I wake up feeling like my head is in a vice. I hate not being able to work out or do anything productive the day after a night out.

thats absolutely correct...the better the shape im in the less it takes me to feel buzzed and the worse i feel the next day

so long as you aren't doing dbol or abombs, you're fine.

Here is a post from the Director of Fitness at Naval Special Warfare Center and his thoughts on drinking...
(an excerpt)

Here are some of the effects of acute alcohol consumption on physical performance and adaptations to training:

Decreased aerobic capacity (reduces the body's ability to utilize oxygen to liberate energy during muscular contraction)
Decreased lactate threshold (more lactate accumulates in the muscles for a given amount of work, a condition associated with quicker fatigue)
Increased dehydration (if normal fluid intake is not increased to compensate for the diuretic effects of alcohol)
Reduced glycogen content in muscles (glycogen is the storage form of carbohydrate and is the primary fuel used by muscles; lack of glycogen is the primary cause of fatigue during physical evolutions that require stamina or endurance)
Decreased +protein synthesis+/increased protein catabolism by muscles (resulting in failure to add muscle mass or even loss of muscle mass)
Decreased ability to regulate body heat (resulting in a greater heat load for a given amount of work performed)
Interrupted sleep patterns (less rest and recovery)
Suppressed immune system (increasing susceptibility to bacteria and infectious diseases)
Increased Rating of Perceived Exertion (RPE) for a given workload (meaning a pace that would ordinarily be comfortable will feel harder, and a pace that would ordinarily be difficult may become intolerable)

Personally, what I thought was my biggest problem when drinking and on test..was the fact that after a couple of 40oz, I wouldnt care about the diet. I would stop by Burger King and order the biggest mf'ing combo I could find and eat it. While drunk you tend to make alot of mistakes...my biggest was Road Rage..and im the Road Rage King!...and getting sloppy on my diet. As far as the whole Estrogen thing I wouldnt know much about. But now i drink Light.........

Here is a post from the Director of Fitness at Naval Special Warfare Center and his thoughts on drinking...
(an excerpt)

Here are some of the effects of acute alcohol consumption on physical performance and adaptations to training:

Decreased aerobic capacity (reduces the body's ability to utilize oxygen to liberate energy during muscular contraction)
Decreased lactate threshold (more lactate accumulates in the muscles for a given amount of work, a condition associated with quicker fatigue)
Increased dehydration (if normal fluid intake is not increased to compensate for the diuretic effects of alcohol)
Reduced glycogen content in muscles (glycogen is the storage form of carbohydrate and is the primary fuel used by muscles; lack of glycogen is the primary cause of fatigue during physical evolutions that require stamina or endurance)
Decreased +protein synthesis+/increased protein catabolism by muscles (resulting in failure to add muscle mass or even loss of muscle mass)
Decreased ability to regulate body heat (resulting in a greater heat load for a given amount of work performed)
Interrupted sleep patterns (less rest and recovery)
Suppressed immune system (increasing susceptibility to bacteria and infectious diseases)
Increased Rating of Perceived Exertion (RPE) for a given workload (meaning a pace that would ordinarily be comfortable will feel harder, and a pace that would ordinarily be difficult may become intolerable)

wow that is amazing im buzzed right now and i feel like shit reading that

My main issue is recovery. If I am going to go out the next day will be an off day. That means that nine out of ten times the day that I would drink had a workout done on it. No way around it that is going to affect recovery and growth. Been slowly reducing nights out and notice a difference. Monday are'nt as bad anymore;)

Can't you just give it up completely? Alcohol sucks. I'm being serious, here.

moderation,slowly drink a couple beers and enjoy it once in awhile ,not daily.

Personally, what I thought was my biggest problem when drinking and on test..was the fact that after a couple of 40oz, I wouldnt care about the diet. I would stop by Burger King and order the biggest mf'ing combo I could find and eat it. While drunk you tend to make alot of mistakes...my biggest was Road Rage..and im the Road Rage King!...and getting sloppy on my diet. As far as the whole Estrogen thing I wouldnt know much about. But now i drink Light.........

Haha how is a forty on a diet in the first place? 40's are not good for you whatsoever. A healthy drink is liquor (non of that sweet shit) and juice or water or maybe an mgd64 but i have yet to run into a half decent 40. JM2¢

Bacardi and diet coke is not bad either.Again in moderation.

how bad is it really to drink while on gear?...im currently running only test and drink one to two times per week usually 2-3 drinks but no more than that... just curious as to what the rest of u guys do

I personally tell all my clients to avoid alcohol while on cycle. Moderation is the key,,,but honestly if you cant stop drinking enough to complete a full AAS cycle (8-12wks),,you may have a problem.

A pro bb told a friend of mine how to avoid hangovers. When you get home drunk from a night on the town, do a shot of Sustanon and you'll be fine next day.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws