advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how fast is muscle memory in ur experience?

buzzbomb138

Registered
so i just got back from backpacking thru europe for the last 4 mths and ive gone from 5'10 200 lbs ~10% to 165 lbs ~13%, so ive probably lost 40 lbs LBM. i didnt lift once and ate pretty healthy (focused on protein) but a max of 2000 cals ed, usually less, and a decent amount of alcohol and lil sleep. the im ready to start hitting the gym again and i only wanna use TRT at 140/wk with 3iu HGH ed, dont wanna waste a cycle to regain muscle i already had.

im thinking of starting at 2800-3000 cals w/ 1g pro/lb BW ed and ramp up as i gain the weight/strength back. id like to limit fat gain so i want to start conservative, but im wondering would more cals mean gaining the LBM back quicker? this is the first time ive had a layoff of more than a few wks since ive been in this game so idk how my body will react. i do gain fat kinda easy for an ecto (im naturally skinny fat lol) so id like to avoid that but i would also like to gain everything back ASAP.

so how quick have u bros regained ur old LBM/strength after a layoff?

I'm natural and my answer is fucking slow. More than once I've been derailed and while muscle/physique loss may have been minimal, strength nosedived and took a regular rate of time to get back.

I lost over 100 pounds when I was in a coma back in 2020.I came out weighing 160 from 260.I started back in the gym around December with trt dose and gained about 40 pounds in 6 months.Muscle memory is real but getting back to my original weight has been tough since I'm not blasting high doses anymore.

Pretty fast, depending on your perspective of “fast” and factors such as quality of training, recovery, and nutrition.

I built a decent physique over 19yrs, call it 20yrs, before life threw a number of curve balls and I stopped training, eating and cycling completely for about 3yrs beginning in early 2017. Back training and eating on January 1st 2020, and started cycling again that year in October. Regained most of what I lost in 18 months. That’s quick considering it took 20yrs to build to begin with. Now bigger and better than ever.

i gained strength and size literally every workout, but started over from square 1. I Only started cycling again when the natty gains stopped. That said, I knew how to train and eat, which I expect you do as well.

I'm natural and my answer is fucking slow. More than once I've been derailed and while muscle/physique loss may have been minimal, strength nosedived and took a regular rate of time to get back.
ya makes sense, im more concerned about physique/size tho so good to know that comes back quicker

I lost over 100 pounds when I was in a coma back in 2020.I came out weighing 160 from 260.I started back in the gym around December with trt dose and gained about 40 pounds in 6 months.Muscle memory is real but getting back to my original weight has been tough since I'm not blasting high doses anymore.
jeez what happened? glad ur back to training and regained the majority at least

Pretty fast, depending on your perspective of “fast” and factors such as quality of training, recovery, and nutrition.

I built a decent physique over 19yrs, call it 20yrs, before life threw a number of curve balls and I stopped training, eating and cycling completely for about 3yrs beginning in early 2017. Back training and eating on January 1st 2020, and started cycling again that year in October. Regained most of what I lost in 18 months. That’s quick considering it took 20yrs to build to begin with. Now bigger and better than ever.

i gained strength and size literally every workout, but started over from square 1. I Only started cycling again when the natty gains stopped. That said, I knew how to train and eat, which I expect you do as well.
ya definitely, thats a lot faster than original. my diet and training r def on lock so no worries there. i wasnt nearly as big as some of u 250+ lb beasts on here so i havent lost as much relatively so im hoping i can get back to where i was by the end of the yr.

anybody else got experiences?

ya makes sense, im more concerned about physique/size tho so good to know that comes back quicker

jeez what happened? glad ur back to training and regained the majority at least

ya definitely, thats a lot faster than original. my diet and training r def on lock so no worries there. i wasnt nearly as big as some of u 250+ lb beasts on here so i havent lost as much relatively so im hoping i can get back to where i was by the end of the yr.

anybody else got experiences?
Thanks buddy.I spider bite and it went into my bloodstream and became mersa.It was a brown recluse.It started in the shoulder and ran down my hand.I was out three months in a coma and then three more learning how to walk and swallow food Heck of a year 2020.

Attachments

• received.jpeg
    received.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 42
so i just got back from backpacking thru europe for the last 4 mths and ive gone from 5'10 200 lbs ~10% to 165 lbs ~13%, so ive probably lost 40 lbs LBM. i didnt lift once and ate pretty healthy (focused on protein) but a max of 2000 cals ed, usually less, and a decent amount of alcohol and lil sleep. the im ready to start hitting the gym again and i only wanna use TRT at 140/wk with 3iu HGH ed, dont wanna waste a cycle to regain muscle i already had.

im thinking of starting at 2800-3000 cals w/ 1g pro/lb BW ed and ramp up as i gain the weight/strength back. id like to limit fat gain so i want to start conservative, but im wondering would more cals mean gaining the LBM back quicker? this is the first time ive had a layoff of more than a few wks since ive been in this game so idk how my body will react. i do gain fat kinda easy for an ecto (im naturally skinny fat lol) so id like to avoid that but i would also like to gain everything back ASAP.

I general terms it is safe that the longer you have held the previously existing body weight you are attempting to get back to the faster and more completely the rebuilding process will be for you.

Thanks buddy.I spider bite and it went into my bloodstream and became mersa.It was a brown recluse.It started in the shoulder and ran down my hand.I was out three months in a coma and then three more learning how to walk and swallow food Heck of a year 2020.

Much love man. Hoping you get to exactly where you want to. That had to be one hell of an experience. Awesome to see you picking back up and getting back after it.

Depends on how much you’ve lost to begin with but it comes back fast especially when you combine with AAS. In your case, maybe a month or so.

I came back from a long layoff this year and it takes a little bit to get back into the swing of things, joints just ain't ready to lift heavy first 4-6 wks but after that, once you can lift with your regular old split progress is hella fast.

One mistake I made was pushing myself too hard at first, pecs were ready for bench presses at that weight but my rotator cuff wasn't. That set me back a few weeks. So be patient and start slow.

For what it's worth I'd add 150mg NPP 2x a week to your TRT. It'll make all the difference in the world.

It took me 3 years to gai 40 lb.s of muscle when i started lifting. Took a road trip for a month and didn't work our and lost about 15 lb's and had it back in less then a month. Lost 60 pounds in 5 months for my first BB show. Over dieted, over trained, did to much cardio. And gained 19 back over night then lost 4 pounds of water. And all those were when i was still natural. Natural can accomplish a lot. Not natural can go even faster.

doubtful, unless you count glycogen and water as FFM

at that dose, it will take some time to recover your losses
right, which is why i said "LBM" aka FFM (everything but fat lol) and not "pure muscular contractile tissue" lol. im totally aware that at least half of it is glycogen/nitrogen/water lol

shit dude thats rough. glad u came out of it ok tho.

I general terms it is safe that the longer you have held the previously existing body weight you are attempting to get back to the faster and more completely the rebuilding process will be for you.
ya def, i was thinking the same thing. ive been more or less the same size for yrs now so should be fairly easy to get back to where i was.

Depends on how much you’ve lost to begin with but it comes back fast especially when you combine with AAS. In your case, maybe a month or so.
wow i like hearing that but doesnt that seem a bit optimistic? keep in mind i dont plan on many more gear than TRT and some HGH like i said above. id be cool with 3-4 mths but or month or so would be all the better lol.

It took me 3 years to gai 40 lb.s of muscle when i started lifting. Took a road trip for a month and didn't work our and lost about 15 lb's and had it back in less then a month. Lost 60 pounds in 5 months for my first BB show. Over dieted, over trained, did to much cardio. And gained 19 back over night then lost 4 pounds of water. And all those were when i was still natural. Natural can accomplish a lot. Not natural can go even faster.
ya that post show rebound is pretty crazy lol

I had major surgery on my liver 18 months ago.

Within 6 months I had bounced back, 12 months I had surpassed pre-surgery strength/physique.

I had major surgery on my liver 18 months ago.

Within 6 months I had bounced back, 12 months I had surpassed pre-surgery strength/physique.
right on congrats on making the comeback and surpassing it. how much did u backslide?

That’s crazy! Ive had some close calls with black widows and brown recluse. I had no idea it could get that bad. Glad you’ve recovered and doing well! It definitely sounds like a crazy year!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws