advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how fast is muscle memory in ur experience?

Muscle memory? At 43 my muscles have Alzheimer.
I’m also 43! Things are definitely a little different. I’m willing to bet you’re in pretty good shape though. I can do shit most 25 year olds can’t but yep, I’m definitely feeling old!

Life changing for sure.Not only that I went in before COVID then when I woke up the world had gone to shit lol

so those of u who have been thru this before: did u slowly ramp up cals as u gained the weight back or did u jump up to a higher cal intake to gain it back ASAP? i wanna get my gains back ASAP but i dont wanna pile on a bunch of fat in the process

Thanks buddy.I spider bite and it went into my bloodstream and became mersa.It was a brown recluse.It started in the shoulder and ran down my hand.I was out three months in a coma and then three more learning how to walk and swallow food Heck of a year 2020.

i have seen this happen to somebody in person. super fucked up!
good luck.

on the topic....
7.62 seconds

one time i lost like 100lbs due to excessive drug use.
after that i fugured i fucked myself up enough and put a cap on my weight. lol

right on congrats on making the comeback and surpassing it. how much did u backslide?
I lost a bit. 20 lbs, a lot of strength, as you’d imagine.

I went hard af coming back. Zero alcohol, slept 8-9 hours/night, ate like a horse, trained hard as hell

so i just got back from backpacking thru europe for the last 4 mths and ive gone from 5'10 200 lbs ~10% to 165 lbs ~13%, so ive probably lost 40 lbs LBM. i didnt lift once and ate pretty healthy (focused on protein) but a max of 2000 cals ed, usually less, and a decent amount of alcohol and lil sleep. the im ready to start hitting the gym again and i only wanna use TRT at 140/wk with 3iu HGH ed, dont wanna waste a cycle to regain muscle i already had.

im thinking of starting at 2800-3000 cals w/ 1g pro/lb BW ed and ramp up as i gain the weight/strength back. id like to limit fat gain so i want to start conservative, but im wondering would more cals mean gaining the LBM back quicker? this is the first time ive had a layoff of more than a few wks since ive been in this game so idk how my body will react. i do gain fat kinda easy for an ecto (im naturally skinny fat lol) so id like to avoid that but i would also like to gain everything back ASAP.

so how quick have u bros regained ur old LBM/strength after a layoff?

I don’t understand this

i have seen this happen to somebody in person. super fucked up!
good luck.

on the topic....
7.62 seconds

one time i lost like 100lbs due to excessive drug use.
after that i fugured i fucked myself up enough and put a cap on my weight. lol
Thank you bud!

Reactions: LK3
so those of u who have been thru this before: did u slowly ramp up cals as u gained the weight back or did u jump up to a higher cal intake to gain it back ASAP? i wanna get my gains back ASAP but i dont wanna pile on a bunch of fat in the process

I can't really answer your specific question but I'm getting a cervical fusion and once I get the green light to train I'm going to "try" to come back. In the meantime, I'm going to just let my bodyweight drop and drop my food/protein intake. I know my body comp will take a hit but I think I'd rather let the weight drop than try to maintain weight, get fat, and then have to shed it all off.

But to possibly help answer your question. Once I get back at it and going I think I might try using Lantus 1-2x per week on high carb/low far days. The idea would be start at 30iu 1-2x a week and then progress 10iu per week until I hit 100. It's def a steep dose but only only it 1-2x a week I don't think they'll be any issues with IR. The other days, GDA's will be in play.

As Virtuous said- also this: Zero alcohol, slept 8-9 hours/night, ate like a horse, trained hard as hell

Life changing for sure.Not only that I went in before COVID then when I woke up the world had gone to shit lol
ya thats gotta be a trip, wake up from a coma and the whole world is now in a coma lol

I lost a bit. 20 lbs, a lot of strength, as you’d imagine.

I went hard af coming back. Zero alcohol, slept 8-9 hours/night, ate like a horse, trained hard as hell
ya my plan as well, i always take my training srsly and put it as one of the top priorities anyways so thatll be nothing new. did u start eating like u were at ur previous weight from the get go or did u ramp up cals as the weight came back on?

I don’t understand this
basically 2 reasons:
1. u only have so much "mileage" on ur "motor" (aka heart and other organs) and dont see the point in stressing it to get back to where i previously was esp since i could maintain with minimal drug use so i think i should be able to get back to it or at least pretty damn close w/o more drugs
2. honestly bodybuilding and using AAS have become less and less important to me over the last few yrs. i was pretty content with my physique the way it was and the acne/hair loss/possible health problems have just become bigger and bigger deterrents to continue. ill do a few more cycles since i already have the gear but once it runs out, ill prob just be TRT + a few ius of HGH from then on out.

I can't really answer your specific question but I'm getting a cervical fusion and once I get the green light to train I'm going to "try" to come back. In the meantime, I'm going to just let my bodyweight drop and drop my food/protein intake. I know my body comp will take a hit but I think I'd rather let the weight drop than try to maintain weight, get fat, and then have to shed it all off.

But to possibly help answer your question. Once I get back at it and going I think I might try using Lantus 1-2x per week on high carb/low far days. The idea would be start at 30iu 1-2x a week and then progress 10iu per week until I hit 100. It's def a steep dose but only only it 1-2x a week I don't think they'll be any issues with IR. The other days, GDA's will be in play.

As Virtuous said- also this: Zero alcohol, slept 8-9 hours/night, ate like a horse, trained hard as hell
ya this was my thinking as well. if ur not training, ur gonna lose the muscle either way so eating a ton to try to preserve it will just make u fat too so ull have to rebuild the muscle AND THEN diet the fat away which is twice as much work.

in my experience, it has come back extremely fast. that said, brother, you have to force yourself to not push too hard too quickly. The rest of the physiology doesn't come back as fast. Connective tissues need more time, additionally, the muscle is not going to need higher volumes or intensities even though you feel great and just want to get back to hard-as-hell training. Get away with as little as possible in this scenario, and then you always have the ability to ramp volume and or intensity as needed when hitting a stall. What you don't want to do is get injured or develop tendonitis and end up having to sit out again.

just go back to training and eating good.
if you are trt for life, do that. things will come back fast.
no one can say how fast, in my case fucked up life stuff got in the way. once i got through some ups and downs and was able to have a lil stabily eat good, do cardio things came back fast just using test. test eq and drol had me back to an ok 220 in shortish time from 170. i never went back over 240 even using stupid amounts of gear. stability in life, gym and eating is the biggest part.

I say you why not focus on getting a huge dead lift and huge squat. Weighted pull up and angled dips. Over head press. Just these doing linear progression for 5s, don’t see how your won’t be strong and not ripping tissue with high reps, when you’re gonna hit it anyway and the muscle is coming right behind. You will end up big than before..

just go back to training and eating good.
if you are trt for life, do that. things will come back fast.
no one can say how fast, in my case fucked up life stuff got in the way. once i got through some ups and downs and was able to have a lil stabily eat good, do cardio things came back fast just using test. test eq and drol had me back to an ok 220 in shortish time from 170. i never went back over 240 even using stupid amounts of gear. stability in life, gym and eating is the biggest part.
ya thats the conclusion i came to too based off all this, just get back to it and let the cards fall as they may

in my experience, it has come back extremely fast. that said, brother, you have to force yourself to not push too hard too quickly. The rest of the physiology doesn't come back as fast. Connective tissues need more time, additionally, the muscle is not going to need higher volumes or intensities even though you feel great and just want to get back to hard-as-hell training. Get away with as little as possible in this scenario, and then you always have the ability to ramp volume and or intensity as needed when hitting a stall. What you don't want to do is get injured or develop tendonitis and end up having to sit out again.
yes very good point and something i thought about as well, slow and steady to begin with for sure

Reactions: LK3
I lost over 100 pounds when I was in a coma back in 2020.I came out weighing 160 from 260.I started back in the gym around December with trt dose and gained about 40 pounds in 6 months.Muscle memory is real but getting back to my original weight has been tough since I'm not blasting high doses anymore.

I lost 70lbs of "muscle" (obviously not all lean tissue but that's what the doc called it) in 3 weeks twice in the past 3 years when I was put on a ventilator, first due to swine flu and then covid. I used test and mk-677 for appetite after. IME it all can come back almost overnight if you aren't sick and even after being deathly sick it all came back almost "immediately" for me. You know how weak you get when in a coma, it took a few days to even be able to sit on the edge of the bed or hold a cellphone but then it was lightning speed recovery. In fact it was probably too quick for me as it's not healthy to gain too fast, especially in my case where my heart was affected. I think I could for sure have inflated myself even faster say with insulin but who knows then I might have ended back in the hospital like Flex Wheeler when he attempted an overnight transformation with Milos. When I got to the gym I couldn't deadlift 135 but then I was at over 700 in a few months. I was over 40 as well and I'd think a younger guy might come back even faster. I know I was sceptikal of Casey Viator's 63lbs of muscle in 4 weeks, and still am, but I don't know if he was literally out of a hospital bed like me plus he claimed no hormones.

Muscle memory is very real. It's "all there" but just latently when you lose muscle temporarily.

so i just got back from backpacking thru europe for the last 4 mths and ive gone from 5'10 200 lbs ~10% to 165 lbs ~13%, so ive probably lost 40 lbs LBM. i didnt lift once and ate pretty healthy (focused on protein) but a max of 2000 cals ed, usually less, and a decent amount of alcohol and lil sleep. the im ready to start hitting the gym again and i only wanna use TRT at 140/wk with 3iu HGH ed, dont wanna waste a cycle to regain muscle i already had.

im thinking of starting at 2800-3000 cals w/ 1g pro/lb BW ed and ramp up as i gain the weight/strength back. id like to limit fat gain so i want to start conservative, but im wondering would more cals mean gaining the LBM back quicker? this is the first time ive had a layoff of more than a few wks since ive been in this game so idk how my body will react. i do gain fat kinda easy for an ecto (im naturally skinny fat lol) so id like to avoid that but i would also like to gain everything back ASAP.

so how quick have u bros regained ur old LBM/strength after a layoff?

So you were on no trt at all? If that is the case...very fast! I was off forever to have our second kid and even after we were pregnant and had him I layed pretty low pretty much maxing at 70mgs test EW. I've upped my dose to ~150mgs and it's crazy how fast it's coming back over the course of just 8 weeks. I think you can (or maybe it's what I prefer) overshoot a bit on training after you get your base back. Meaning, for me I started walking 2 miles a day and lifting 3-4 times a week and now I'm biking 10 miles a day (outdoors, intensely), and training full body, one set to failure 5-7 days a week. My deadlift is close to the highest it's ever been, and muscle is just being put on left and right. I'm not a "frequency is the most important thing guy" like so many are today, but I truly felt for me to get back as fast as possible, frequency is very important for me at this specific time and would be better than blasting a muscle into oblivion for a while.

My appetite really just kicked in so the hardest part for me is keeping it under control.

yeah man.
cardio and full body work outs and food to get back asap.rinse and repeat asap. it all goes fast just depends on desire and circumstance. once you get your shit in order you will come back then blow past your previous best especially if young enough.

I don’t understand this
a lot of ppl i see who have taken time off go back to the gym and crazy ass dosses at the same time. thats dumb.

the way i read it guy is just trying to figure out how to go back at it.
after a lay off just trt, gym n food until back to normal. then you up the doses a tiny bit and all of a sudden you are better then before.

applies to ups n downs.

yeah man.
cardio and full body work outs and food to get back asap.rinse and repeat asap. it all goes fast just depends on desire and circumstance. once you get your shit in order you will come back then blow past your previous best especially if young enough.
100%. I'm not sure if I'll stick to full body forever but a very high frequency full body routine for me right now is just the thing my body needed. I'm never debilitatingly sore, but full and pumped and setting rep records on some things every workout. When it stalls, I switched exercises. I mean I'm hitting 495x10 on deads and I haven't done that in forever and it's not THAT hard. My dose has been a little all over the place (I'm a hypochondriac) but it's not gone over 250mgs a week and largely at 120-200mgs/week.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131