over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many proteins do you use.

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
When setting up your diet how do you choose your protein sources??
I personally have figured out what meats I digest well and try to stick to those. I try to keep it somewhat varied but get lazy and eat the same stuff for a while but at a minimum I eat eggs (1 meal) , chicken and beef (1 meal). I have eaten the same meat for several days in a row and I can tell my gut get tired of it. I personally have seen that I look a little softer when I eat only chicken or fish for days at a time even when the macros are the same , like the animal fats in the eggs and beef "work" better or Maybe it's the Amino profile as I've heard that happens.

Just wondering what everyone else has noticed or feels about it

My main sources are beef and whole eggs, everything else is just fluff to keep the amino acid profile varied, I do try and eat salmon as much as possible but in my area it's getting almost impossible to find wild caught fresh salmon, all the shit is farm raised now, only wild caught is frozen.

I swear by whole eggs but I always hear “buddy your cholesterol will be sky high and they have too much fat in them”. My reply used to be “it’s the most complete source of protein on the planet” lol now I just say “ yea I may start eating just the whites” it’s a lost cause

Chicken
Eggs
Beef
Lamb
And Tuna are my main sources.

others are fish, shellfish, dairy, powders.

, like the animal fats in the eggs and beef "work" better or Maybe it's the Amino profile as I've heard that happens.

Just wondering what everyone else has noticed or feels about it

Amino profile does matter but what makes the difference IMO is the nutrient profile; phosphorous, potassium, nitrogen, sodium, etc.

Lean sirloin and whole eggs primarily make up about 80-90% of my daily protein.

Tons of chickens, tons of eggs, beef when it’s on sale, I have 2 cans of tuna per day cause it’s cheap and digests well for me, and protein powder

Amino profile does matter but what makes the difference IMO is the nutrient profile; phosphorous, potassium, nitrogen, sodium, etc.

^^^^^EXACTLY^^^^^^^

Thus Beef/wild game and whole eggs and wild caught salmon are top choices

^^^^^EXACTLY^^^^^^^

Thus Beef/wild game and whole eggs and wild caught salmon are top choices
I picked up a tip from bhman( Ben Hartman) years back on IM on egg loading that he has his clients do and it’s not joke. Eggs are fa tasting for nitrogen retention and something about consuming lots of them daily just really seems to lend itself to muscle fullness

?
I picked up a tip from bhman( Ben Hartman) years back on IM on egg loading that he has his clients do and it’s not joke. Eggs are fa tasting for nitrogen retention and something about consuming lots of them daily just really seems to lend itself to muscle fullness
Cholesterol Is ANABOLIC . Yeah, I Just said that. There're several studies that prove It. Like this:
Interestingly , High cholesterol intake+ some statins was even more ANABOLIC.

220-240gram on a bulk. 250-270 cutting.

sources are: milk, chicken/turkey, tuna, whey and minced meat (mainly on a bulk). Those sit well with me. I like beef too but it’s pretty expensive to eat it daily and I certainly do not like to eat a re-heated steak. Do you guys just eat it cold or re-heat it?

Steak and eggs. I've been on a pork kick lately, too, been making some awesome curries with onion s, bell pepper, mushrooms, a can of low fat coconut milk, served on jasmine rice.

If you guys have a store that runs 'managers specials', you can pick up some still great quality red meat at a great price. The caveat is that you either need to cook it within a couple days or throw it in the freezer. I can often end up getting a couple pounds of various cuts for barely $5.

Before bed I like my cottage cheese and greek yogurt.

My main sources are beef and whole eggs, everything else is just fluff to keep the amino acid profile varied, I do try and eat salmon as much as possible but in my area it's getting almost impossible to find wild caught fresh salmon, all the shit is farm raised now, only wild caught is frozen.
what is your problem against farm raised salmon?

I would think it is safer because the ocean is so polluted with toxins now...but you're probably more savvy to the reason you'd prefer wild...

Steak and eggs. I've been on a pork kick lately, too, been making some awesome curries with onion s, bell pepper, mushrooms, a can of low fat coconut milk, served on jasmine rice.

If you guys have a store that runs 'managers specials', you can pick up some still great quality red meat at a great price. The caveat is that you either need to cook it within a couple days or throw it in the freezer. I can often end up getting a couple pounds of various cuts for barely $5.

Before bed I like my cottage cheese and greek yogurt.
yep! We get tri tip and london broil on special then freeze it. I'll pick up 5-10 lb for $3-4 a pound when I can then I eat steak and rice for days :)

Steak and rice is the absolute best meal for my body. Shit is anabolic :)

what is your problem against farm raised salmon?

I would think it is safer because the ocean is so polluted with toxins now...but you're probably more savvy to the reason you'd prefer wild...
"Salmon aquaculture, also known as salmon "farming", is the industrial mass production of salmon. Farmed salmon are raised in net cages located in the ocean close off shore. Disease and parasites tend to multiply quickly in these densely populated feedlots and can spread to wild fish. "

Beef and nuts. 1 cup of raw mixed nuts go into my nutribullet shake every day. Usually almonds, cashews and walnuts. Also enjoy the Black Angus ground beef pretty much every day.

"Salmon aquaculture, also known as salmon "farming", is the industrial mass production of salmon. Farmed salmon are raised in net cages located in the ocean close off shore. Disease and parasites tend to multiply quickly in these densely populated feedlots and can spread to wild fish. "

So you are concerned with getting diseased fish? I've heard people say the omega content is lower in farm raised fish. I consider seafood to be a once in awhile delicacy now because of all the radioactive toxin in the ocean from the meltdowns that have occurred.

220-240gram on a bulk. 250-270 cutting.

sources are: milk, chicken/turkey, tuna, whey and minced meat (mainly on a bulk). Those sit well with me. I like beef too but it’s pretty expensive to eat it daily and I certainly do not like to eat a re-heated steak. Do you guys just eat it cold or re-heat it?
I eat my steak cold sometimes....but I also undercook it when I’m gonna eat it later. I’ll cook it rare...and then when I reheat it at about 75% power in the microwave it come out to a nice medium rare and is still juicy

?

Cholesterol Is ANABOLIC . Yeah, I Just said that. There're several studies that prove It. Like this:
Interestingly , High cholesterol intake+ some statins was even more ANABOLIC.
It absolutely is. Cholesterol is necessary for the synthesis of many hormones

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner