over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

hst

feelnfit

FOUNDING Member
Registered
man 2 days after starting a hst workout i am sore still. when xcel came down he showed me his workout . it look very good. i had never tried hst but he inspired me. was a little out of breath after doing a couple of exercises but it quickly came back. broke a good swet and felt very tight. using the push pull method did work well.
tonite i will do my second day of it. i do it it tues,thurs,sat. and i know xcel what you are going to say if i do the workout on thursday nite i will pay attention to theworkout and not the lovely ladies doing aerobics.

dont worry were listening to ur rant, just nothing u can say to that....

You must be in better shape than me. You saw how winded I got from doing the workout.

xcel

xcel

how is the hst coming along for you? Seeing much in terms of gains in size or strength? I still want to try that program but it is hard getting out my old routines.

It's really hard to measure as I began the program post contest. Both my strength and size were WAY down from the contest prep. So both have increased substantially. On my slight incline bench press, I'm doing 275-280 for 8 reps, which is my best weight/reps since I started doing the slight inclines - and I'm basically clean.

xcel

thursday nite

well xcel not to many ladies to look at so i had to get to bussiness. mr eatright(the short guy u met) workout with me. the other guy was out of town. during a couple of exercises i got almost sick kinda dizzy. eatright did too he said it should be called s.h.i.t. super high intesity training. we both are sore today. i acually up my wt from monday maybe 5 lbs. on some 10lbs so i am still playing with it. my second 15 rep on bench felt light so sat i will probally up it atleast 30lbs. i guess by the time we got to pullovers and lat raises was puke time. i felt wore out and exhausted. but eatright push my cuase we was almost thru.
my back is a little sore due to the bo rows without a belt. i might do some hypers and abs tonite to help that. i have to do my standing shoulder press in the power rack and it felt light so sat i will up that more too. i guess i am getting use to that exercise cause i have never done those till this week. every thing else was good.
oh xcel that cute little girl at the smoothie bar said tell you hello. you made an impression on her. i still cannot figure how you got her to make you a special shake and you got the shaker all for free.......

Re: thursday nite

feelnfit said:
oh xcel that cute little girl at the smoothie bar said tell you hello. you made an impression on her. i still cannot figure how you got her to make you a special shake and you got the shaker all for free.......
SHE WAS A CUTIE! I just figured that was all part of the southern hospitality thing :D

xcel

I wasn't sure how HST was going to be different from my regular work out, but I was tight after we got finished and sore the next day. It usually takes me two days to be sore after a workout. I was kindof at a standstill in my training and I think this is going to push me over that hump. The Thursday night aerobic ladies are an added bonus to get me to the gym also. Thanks to excel for introducing this program. See ya Monday Feelnfit.

PS Keep working the ladies excel!!

thursady

hey, maybe thursday nites we should change to cardio nite instead cause my heart gets pumping just watching those girls in aerobics class.:D

Just wondering.. do you guys use the same methods/principles as detailed on this site?

**broken link removed**
Thanks,
Step

yes

after watching xcel as i said he emailed his rountine its similar in follwing the reps and weeks. we do a push pull method that is also a superset. i am not sure if the hst website says that or not. here is what it would look like:
slight incline bench
15 repsx ? wt
bo rows
15repsx?wt
rest
repeat donot stop inbetween first exercise and the second
and always stretch.
after those two muscle groups move to the next two.
i did change one or two exercises to accomedate myself .

Glad to see you joined us eatright - Welcome! (he's been lurking here for some time :) )

Make sure you guys tell the smoothie gal I said hi and how much I appreciated her generosity!

Step: That's the workout. I switched the order to begin with bench and do supersets (push/pull). I did this since most of the "time" is taken up by setting up exercises. This just speeds everything up so I can finish in one hour.

xcel

Last edited:
step,xcel and others

am fixxin to leave now and go for day 3 of the workout. will post tomorrow weeks recordings. still sore from thursday. especially tricep. that j-press is a killer.

I did day 2 of this routine today and I am so sore from Thursday that I couldn't even do some of the weight for 15 reps that I did on Thursday. Especially the J-press! That really put a hurtin' on my tris. I don't have the strength I need on that exercise to bring it down to my chin. I'm alright from the chest back up, but it's very difficult lowering it down to my chin. I think this routine is going to be very beneficial for strength and mass.

change

i am changing standing db curls to seated ez-bar curls. i get a better burn, can handle more wt, and it isolates better.

I understand the basics of hst, but do you warm-up or just go straight to it? Just use a moderate weight you can do for each set?
The way I understand is you do all body parts 3 times a week with one/two exercises per part? very intense right? Can you guys give a little more detail?

It says to start w/squats (as do most full-body workout programs). Since Squats are my strong/easy lift and I really "work at" bench, I do my bench first. I have bad shoulders so I do a fair bit of stretching beforehand. I do one light set of bench to warm up then jump into it,

I believe that you ideally want to get the target number of reps on your own. I guess if you had a partner/spotter you could get help to finish a rep but not intentionally do forced reps. Since I workout alone, at home, if I can't do the targer number, I'd back down weight. But - I've had just the opposite occur. If anything it's been a tad easy, so I increase the weight next time around.

xcel

Well I started it tonight, started with squats. Damn that was pretty intense. Reminded me of football practice. Thought I was gonna hurl on the way home, but feeling good now. We'll see how sore I am in the am.

sorry I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering whether anyone had successfully made the HST workout into a six day/ week routine.... I am finding that while on gear I can recover extremely fast and am looking for a high volume//hardcore routine for mass.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear