over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I Am Legend =

76.5 million in its opening weekend

It's good, but far from great. Was a little disappointed because my expectations were very high.

heard the monster effects sucked...

heard they used all computer effects for the monsters. i am a fan of the old puppets. Rick Baker was the best at it (he did An American Werewolf in London and more recently Planet of the Apes)
i will see it this week though. and thx for the warning about the dog... i am gonna cry like a bitch :(

Is this a spin off of like 28 days later, or 28 weeks later? Stuff like that??? I have not seen it yet but from you guys are saying it aint to far from it! Yes?

Is this a spin off of like 28 days later, or 28 weeks later? Stuff like that??? I have not seen it yet but from you guys are saying it aint to far from it! Yes?

No 28 days later is a spin off from the classic short story.....I Am Legend. All zombie movies and many vampire movies have "borrowed" the premise. The most blatant was Dawn of the Dead....Romero even admitted to it. Richard Matheson is owed a lot of money. He was even advised to sue, but he declined.

Cant wait till this hits the UK.

As "The Omega Man" is one of my favorite movies I had high hopes for this film, I was disappointed. Not enough zombie hunting an killing.

I loved it, great movie, the only thing is I can't belive was how lightly he was armed....

I'm surprised anyone liked the movie. NOTHING happens till a hour into the hour and a half movie! Ending was terrible. Glad i didn't pay to see it. IMO wouldn't rent it....borrow it from a friend.

I think a lot of people bought into the hype of the movies. My wife and daughter went to go see it. My wife said it was just "ok" while my daughter said she didn't like it. How exactly does a movie set box opening records for a movie one week, and then the following week come in second place and not have repeat customers? Easy, you hear the word of mouth very quickly that it's stinks and so you wait for the dvd to come out. Can't wait to see how much money his next movie brings in with the dissapointment of this movie.

I went to see it a couple days ago, but it was no where near being "the movie of the year". It is a nice film but doesn't have that special something to make it an all time classic. I don't even know if i'll watch it again when it comes out on dvd. Probably HBO/Showtime but thats about it.

As "The Omega Man" is one of my favorite movies I had high hopes for this film, I was disappointed. Not enough zombie hunting an killing.

Couldn't agree more. Can't understand why he didn't go after those SOB's and bomb a few nests . I told my son he should have leveled that one building that the leader was in. Fire bomb the whole damn thing during the day!
Also he was a little bit of a pussy. When he just started firing rounds here and there at buildings is a complete waste of ammo and a tactical no no. He's playing the part of a military guy, even if he is a scientist, that's just pure panic. Had some other issues but I don't want to give away the movie. Don't get me wrong, I liked it but it could have been better.

That movie was garbage. Too predictable..that zombie- end of the man-sole survivor/savior plot has been played out.

I liked it, I could pick it apart but won't. HOWEVER, the new Alien V Predator movie was way cool, many heads were taken!!!!!! GO check it out!!!

Just watched a DVD rip of it at home tonight. I really liked it actually.

I liked the movie... got teary eyed during the dog scene...
I mentioned the movie to my mom and sisters and they told me that the book was good and that 'The Omega Man" was a good remake of the book also.... gotta check it out....

I liked that it wasnt 120 minutes of zombies running around...I thought it had a good story and enough action to not make it too slow or boring...The ending made sense to me with the whole butterfly thing and how they tied that into the begining of the movie...I thought it was more of a movie about tryin to find a cure rather than trying to kill zombies so I dont see why everyone is focusing so much on them...

Ok this is where the movie lost me:
in his analysis of the creatures Nevell notes that all shreds of their humanty was completely gone. However, once he trapped the female, the creature that screamed in the sunlight reacted as if she was important to him and this is the reason they set up the booby trap for Nevell.
So, we now have a creature displaying emotional attachement to a female, wanted vengenance for her loss, and set up a trap with a mannequin that Nevell spoke with at a store entrance in the same manner the female was trapped. This makes you realize that the creatures had emotion and some ability to reason.
The movie never adressed this plot arc. IMO, if Nevell questioned this and began to search them out to find answers the movie could have been more interesting and had more action as he started to do some zombie hunting.

Yeah, it just a movie, I know but the unrealized potential of th story bothers me.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws