over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

i feel like a jackass

22son

Registered
Newbies
lastnight when i was lifting i was doing some close grip bench for my triceps. For some reason i feel stronger when i use a suicide grip (not wrapping your thumbs around the bar) well anyway i was in the middle of my 3rd set about half way up on my 7th rep and the bar somehow slips out of my hands and i drop 245 pounds on my chest. i was able to push it back up and rack it with out help from anyone and thank god the gym wasn't very busy. i cant help but feel embarassed about that because it is so stupid. it knocked the wind out of me and i felt like i was going to pass out. so i guess im going to start wrapping my thumbs around the bar. has anyone else had anything like embarassing like this happen or am i just a dumbass lol

:eek:

You're lucky you didn't get hurt dude! I have never had anything like that happen however I have dropped a few misc. sized plates on my foot:D

smith machine

lastnight when i was lifting i was doing some close grip bench for my triceps. For some reason i feel stronger when i use a suicide grip (not wrapping your thumbs around the bar) well anyway i was in the middle of my 3rd set about half way up on my 7th rep and the bar somehow slips out of my hands and i drop 245 pounds on my chest. i was able to push it back up and rack it with out help from anyone and thank god the gym wasn't very busy. i cant help but feel embarassed about that because it is so stupid. it knocked the wind out of me and i felt like i was going to pass out. so i guess im going to start wrapping my thumbs around the bar. has anyone else had anything like embarassing like this happen or am i just a dumbass lol

do your close grips on the smith machine....not as likely to slip

That's a bitch. Good thing you didn't end up as a blooper on youtube because you're jack ass friend decided to record it

I've been stuck under the bar while benching many years ago and had to ask for a spot. It was embarrassing.

I had a similar situation, so has everyone. dont feel bad bro, your ego will be back at 100% by tomorrow :D

I remember 20+ years ago struggling on a rep on bench and I didn't have collars on. I tilted and all the weight clanged off the bar on one side, followed by a violent whipping the other direction in which it all fell off the other and I turned 6 shades of red.

I remember 20+ years ago struggling on a rep on bench and I didn't have collars on. I tilted and all the weight clanged off the bar on one side, followed by a violent whipping the other direction in which it all fell off the other and I turned 6 shades of red.
I've done that quite a few times back in the day, lol.. Another time I was doing standing behind the neck military presses, and at the end I was stuck, trying to squeeze 1 more rep out.. I ended up somehow losing my balance and the bar started falling backwards, and I just pushed it further back and jumped forward, ha.. Thing absolutely SLAMMED down and bounced back up.. Now if I ever do do military's, it's sitting down with support behind me.

I was close gripping once when i had tendinitis in my shoulder, my shoulder started giving out i almost locked it out then it fell on me i had to widen my grip and put it up :(

I've been stuck under the bar while benching many years ago and had to ask for a spot. It was embarrassing.

I can remember getting stuck with 135 or so by myself in the gym, having to roll that bad boy over my nuts to get out hurt.

Such fond memories from my first year.:cool:

I use the same grip..easier on my shoulders. However..I use chalk too, keeps the bar from sliding. But my imagination definately runs wild at times

Hahaha. I remember doing the exact same thing when I was 17 years old. I was really hung over but determined not to let it be a do-nothign day. So i picked myself up and went to lift. First order of business back then was bench. I racked up my weight and quickly realized I was not in shape to do this. I realized this as i am under the weight of course. After a few wobbly attempts at finishing a set it all came crashing down first on one side and then the other. 6 shades of red quickly came across my face too.

I do mine on the Smith machine, but, it to is not without its perils. I was doing incline on the Smith machine with two 45's and one 25 on each side, whatever weight that is. I was using a "multi" adjustable bench. Apparently I did not adjust the back bottom pin properly, only the top pin. There is a catch for the bottom to slip past and lock and a pin to release it. I guess it just sat on top of the pin and did not lock.

I grab the bar and BAM!! the bench came straight down to flat in a nanosecond. What saved me? I use pins to keep from going all the way down to help save my shoulders and the bar caught on the pins. I will use them forever now.

No way bro, don't feel like a dumbass at all. I think we've all had something like this happen to us at various points in our training. I have a bad habit of using the "suicide" or monkey paw grip as a I like to call it.

I remember a few times where I lost the weight. Once I was squatting under the Smith rack, please don't boo me, and somehow both my legs gave out and I ended up flat on my ass. Fortunately I was only going through a warmup with light weight. I just got back up, and kept going.

The other was in 2002. While training for my first and only show, I was at 6 weeks out doing a leg session with my partner. We had the Cybex Squat Press machine loaded up. On my last set, I rep out something like 20-25, not too hard on that machine, but when I went to pull the lever up to rerack, the roll pin sheared off, and the sled with 20 plates comes straight down into my chest. My chin was between my knees.

It happens.

I have dropped a 65 lb dumbbell on my big toe. The nail was black for about 6 months...all threw summer. So it looked great with sandals :rolleyes:

haha use straps

been there, done that

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity