over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ideal Bodyweight

OuchThatHurts

Moderator / Psy, Ret.
Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
How many of you guys have had problems dealing with your bodyweight? I was just going through some of my life insurance info and they have me listed as overweight. I did some checking and according to the charts I read, not only am I overweight but pretty damn far overweight.

The life insurance scales list men of my height (5'9, or 176cm) at the following:

small frame: 142-151 pounds
medium frame: 148-160 pounds
large frame: 155-176 pounds

Well I think I have a medium frame. So just for laughs I went to another site to calculate and I'm the ideal weight for someone (no joke) 6ft,6in tall!!!

Do it yourself for a laugh:

**broken link removed**

I know I'm paying more for insurance based on this yet I have less fat on me than some of my friends who fall into those ranges. I'm a 200lb guy almost no matter what I do. Even if I don't lift or anything. I was down at 190lbs at a point there but the only reason was because I was under so much stress, I couldn't even eat. To reach 160... well, I don't even know what I'd have to do. I know I've read some of the military dudes getting hosed because they are big dudes. My BMI is 31! LOL (and I even selected "Bodybuilder/Athlete")

I'm calling my agent today to find out exactly how much this affected my rates.

Anyone else have any stories like this?

Same thing happened to me when we had to get insurance last year. I was like two weeks out from a show, leaner than I'd ever been before, and they still told me that I was considered to be almost 30lbs overweight, lol. Glad I didn't go in while offseason or my BMI would have been over 30 and the rates would have gone up.

I'm the ideal weight for a guy who's 6'4"... I'd need damn a ladder to reach something on a shelf that was that high. The only way I'm ever achieving my "ideal" weight is by losing a bodypart or getting cancer...and I don't think that would be the "ideal" way to do it. :D

Same thing happened to me when we had to get insurance last year. I was like two weeks out from a show, leaner than I'd ever been before, and they still told me that I was considered to be almost 30lbs overweight, lol. Glad I didn't go in while offseason or my BMI would have been over 30 and the rates would have gone up.

I'm the ideal weight for a guy who's 6'4"... I'd need damn a ladder to reach something on a shelf that was that high. The only way I'm ever achieving my "ideal" weight is by losing a bodypart or getting cancer...and I don't think that would be the "ideal" way to do it. :D
:D LOL... Good one! If I ever come on here and say I'm now my ideal bodyweight, I'm going to need everyone's condolences because like you said, I lost my legs or something else equally horrific!

I can see it now. "He finally reached his ideal bodyweight but only before mysteriously slipping into a coma. We tried pumping him full of nandrolone and Anadrol but by then it was too late."

Yeah, I had the same thing some years back with life insurance... I was considered obese :eek: If I lost 60 pounds to what they consider "ideal" I'd look like that guy from "Tales from the Crypt".

In this day and age I can't believe they still use those outdated charts.

We are not considered obese... most of us would be considered morbidly obese, knocking on death's door.

curse these "natural" genetics of mine. And curse these 20 inch arms as well while i'm at it.

and dont even get me started on my Lat flare.

if i only i was small like the other kids in the playground

We are not considered obese... most of us would be considered morbidly obese, knocking on death's door.

this is so true, i had to have a full medical and they used the BMI chart and marked me down as obese????? :D

thats crazy

guys im a financial advisor/agent and i work for the top insurance company out there(dont know if i can say which one) and honestly i have done quite a few policys for athletes and i have always made sure that the examiners knew of there physical activity and body weight, allowing them to document the reasons for there increased height to weight ratio and theyve never been rated in negative way they were actually able to get the elite ratings. this is completely an error on your current agents part. any questions feel free to ask

guys im a financial advisor/agent and i work for the top insurance company out there(dont know if i can say which one) and honestly i have done quite a few policys for athletes and i have always made sure that the examiners knew of there physical activity and body weight, allowing them to document the reasons for there increased height to weight ratio and theyve never been rated in negative way they were actually able to get the elite ratings. this is completely an error on your current agents part. any questions feel free to ask
I don't think the RN that came to my home knew anything from my agent. I'm looking to get an adjustment. Are there any buzz word that I can use to achieve this? I am in NO WAY even close to obese.

If I tell them I'm a bodybuilder or powerlifter, would they want mor eblood taken?

What if they said that I was engaged in dangerous activities?

I don't think the RN that came to my home knew anything from my agent. I'm looking to get an adjustment. Are there any buzz word that I can use to achieve this? I am in NO WAY even close to obese.

If I tell them I'm a bodybuilder or powerlifter, would they want mor eblood taken?

What if they said that I was engaged in dangerous activities?
well for one thing any supplementation would have to stop at least a week prior, in the insurance world vitamins are very bad for you. second they really dont need to know that your a power lifter and bodybuilding is not a dangerous activity. your agent needs to be very specific in his medical reporting in the initial application about what you do and how long youve been doing it. you have to understand there are real ppl looking at the reporting and making the final decision if they know the facts they will base there rating off of that information. it is in your best interest to do a whole new medical examination. what state are you in by the way? im in nyc

yeah man, i feel your pain. I do get hosed. The military says my weight should be 216... id have to be strung out on meth for a year to achieve that. the last time i weighed in i got shit for being overwieght(they measured my waist around my big ass coverals, after i had about 1,500 carbs in me on a high day) and they were trying to tell me i was fat and put me on mando PT. So i just peeled off in front of everyone and said "do you still think im fat" ..... didnt hear shit from them again.... it was funny as hell. I got a new one coming up and with a new command so we will see how it works out. I see skinny fat guys all the time sliding under the radar and it pisses me off. I mean they are atleast 25% but fall in the weight category so they dont get taped. Even though they probably have a 38+ inch waist and 14 inch neck.

no insurance problems as of yet. well becouse i dont have any lol. i did get shit from family though. i told my grandmother how much i wiegh. she bout shit a brick then went to pinch an inch. she couldnt believe that some one who wieghs over two hundred isnt fat. i told her on vacation i was 228. i am down to 208 now. still not as lean as i want but gettin there.

That damn bodyweight index kept me out of the air force and medical school.
I had planned on going to the Bethesda School of Medicine (**broken link removed**) through my duty in the Air Force, but was kept out because of my weight which was a lean 255. Told me i had to lose 70 lbs! Ya take a leg and arm off.
Not.

had this issue with life insurance a few months back I told them they needed to have someone come over and see me to tell me how over weight I am. THey sent someone out who measured me took my weight did something on a calculator etc. And holy shit I wasn't obese they accepted us

according to the charts I am supposed to be dead. I put most guys in their twenties to shame and I am going to be 49 real soon. Those BMI's and other height and weight charts are from the jurassic era. When will thye come to the 21st century and acknowledge that people go to a gym to be other than skinny?? Ask for a fitness test instead of just applying a chart to you. This will tell them all they need to know.

I've had the same term life policy for 20yrs. My wife is an insurance agent and she tole me I couldn't get a new policy. I'd have to lose about a 100lbs. If I did that I would be dead.

PB

Technology is amazing

This is a highly advanced computer generated image of me at a 160lbs:

Attachments

• keanu_reeves3.jpg
    keanu_reeves3.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 706
Hey, what's up Keeanu? :D

PB

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator