over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IFBB Announces New Height & Weight Limits For Men's Physique

danieltx

Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
This doesn't apply to amateurs, only professionals, and will be officially implemented at the first show after the 2023 Olympia.

I wonder how this plays out. There are a few guys with balanced physiques, Brandon Hendrickson for one. Will this encourage even more top heavy bodybuilders that will just cover the legs up with longer board shorts so they appear more muscular next to the fully developed competitors? Should be interesting.

I wonder how this plays out. There are a few guys with balanced physiques, Brandon Hendrickson for one. Will this encourage even more top heavy bodybuilders that will just cover the legs up with longer board shorts so they appear more muscular next to the fully developed competitors? Should be interesting.
Lol yeah that’s a good point. I wonder if some of these guys will now focus even less on legs to keep the weight up top.

When the official weights are announced there will be more criteria given out. They are saying they expressly want to avoid competitors not training their legs due to the weight cap. Disproportionate physiques won't be rewarded.

I wonder how they enforce this. Shortening trunks as mentioned above definitely seems like a viable option.

I hope to god they shorten the shorts, nobody wears board shorts. They were a fad for like a year. A few inches above knee would be perfect for physique.

Anyone have insight on how these guys may train different than bodybuilders? I assume the answer is exactly the same, but I'd think they focused more in side delts, back width, less in legs? Whenever I google for their supposed routines looks more like high volume bro splits

I hope to god they shorten the shorts, nobody wears board shorts. They were a fad for like a year. A few inches above knee would be perfect for physique.
Lol dude sometimes I look back and can’t believe how long my board shorts were. One of the reasons I never trained legs back in the day lol 😬.

View attachment 178010

the division sure has come a long way lol
The criteria changed the entire way through, Buendia won from 14 to 17
IMG_4075.jpeg
And then loses in ‘18
IMG_4076.jpeg
Real time criteria changes, Buendia happened to be at the forefront. Feel bad for the guys who watched the first few years thinking that’s what judges want and getting absolutely annihilated for being too small and too soft in the later years.

Anyone have insight on how these guys may train different than bodybuilders? I assume the answer is exactly the same, but I'd think they focused more in side delts, back width, less in legs? Whenever I google for their supposed routines looks more like high volume bro splits

Literally train the exact same as body builders but it does come down to the coach. Focus areas are more so based on the individuals physique instead of just generally saying "focus on side delts, back width" etc.

Some are lazy and won't do legs at all, some legs once per week. Others like myself legs twice a week.

Waited to long in my opinion.
These guys are full blown bodybuilders.

They are not necessarily trying to downsize the division but rather keep it from getting bigger and set a better expectation on the criteria.

They are not necessarily trying to downsize the division but rather keep it from getting bigger and set a better expectation on the criteria.
I actually believe they are trying to do exactly that. the bigger it gets, the less marketable it becomes, because its unattainable for most. so many guys who were the original competitors in the division, made the sport more money and brought more eyeballs. Most people cant tell you who the current mr olympia is in mens physique.

I actually believe they are trying to do exactly that. the bigger it gets, the less marketable it becomes, because its unattainable for most. so many guys who were the original competitors in the division, made the sport more money and brought more eyeballs. Most people cant tell you who the current mr olympia is in mens physique.

I wouldn't be against it if you're right but we've been told certain names as being the "standard" and those guys (the ones winning shows) are not small(er) by any means.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws