over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Infected?

Vespa103

Registered
Well its been 4 days and left delt is still swollen hard lump and red warm to the touch

Should I be worried? 3cc it should not be infected new dart is it possibly just a pierced vein under the skin causing the problem?

thanks

what did you use, seems normal to me so far but keep a sharp eye on it. if its infected it will become bad really fast and you will know.

You could always take some antibiotics

if you are unsure. I would get some KEFLEX or penicillin (about 1500mgs a day spread out over 3 doses, 10 days worth) if you think you are starting to develop cellulitus. I had taken a quad shot that somehow got infected and boy thank god I got some antibiotics, because my leg swelled up so fast and it spread quickly. My doc said if I had waited ione more day i would have had to get IV antibiotics which meant hospital. Not trying to scare yuou, just be careful. If you cant get to a doctor then go to a pet store and look for anitbiotics (tetracyclene, amoxicillian, penicillin) for fish its pretty much the same thing and will work fine.

big4nuthin said:
If you cant get to a doctor then go to a pet store and look for anitbiotics (tetracyclene, amoxicillian, penicillin) for fish its pretty much the same thing and will work fine.

is this true? can someone confirm?

TooPowerful4u said:
I'm looking at a bottle of "Fish Flex Forte." It's 100 caps of Cephalexin (Keflex).

Not long ago I took a 2ml shot of testolent in the glute. It hurt like hell (like phenylprop does) but after nearly 2 weeks is was definately hurting more and a lump seemed like it was forming. I took 1000mg 2x ED for 14 days - when I used it before (500mg 2x ED for 10 days), I told the doc what I did and he said he'd have me double the dose and do it for 14 days. So - - that's what I did.

I also have a big problem with peridontal disease and I was getting quite an infection around a tooth at the same time this was happening. After a couple of days, they both went away!

TooPowerful4u said:

Its true. I take fish antibiotics and I work for a big Pharma company!

However, you need to know a little about what types of antibiotics to take and what is an effective dose.

What is a good info source on which antibotic to take?

Seems like Amoxicillin, Ampicillin, Cephalexin, Penicillin, and Tetracycline are common and easy to obtain. Surely one of them would be better suited than the rest of them? any ideas which one?

3cc in your delt is alot bro......no wonder it knotted up, use heat and get someone to massage it hard to break it up......sounds like it will be fine to me

DELT

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM IN MY LEFT DELT AND I LEFT IT ALONE AND A BUMP UNDER THE SKIN APERED AND I LEFT THAT ALONE FOR A WHILE THEN I TRIED TO HIT IT AGAIN WITH 2CC AND WHEN I WAS DONE INJ. THIS MILKY BROWN AND RED CRAP CAME OUT BY THE CUP LOAD. IT F*** FREAKED ME OUT BUT I TALKED TO A DOCTOR , AND IF THE PAIN ISN'T TO BAD STAB IT AND DRAIN IT IT'S WHAT THEY WOULD HAVE DONE TOO. GET SOME ANTIBIO'S FAST SEEMS LIKE TWO WEEKS AT A 1000MG'S TWICE A DAY IS WHAT WORKS BEST.

dragonfire101 said:
which ones are best at what dose

At our hospital/outpatient clinics:
We generally choose cephalexin (500 mg PO Q6h) for oral therapy of cellulitis. Clindamycin (300 mg PO Q6h) or levofloxacin (500 mg PO once daily) are reasonable choices for those with serious penicillin allergies.
Other alternatives include Biaxin 500mg po bid and erythromycin 500mg po q 6 hours.

All of the above are used for 10-14 days.

Auspex
PS If you develop a fever or it starts to spread it would probably be a good idea to see a physician. Hope all turns out well.

Also how effective is regualr alcohol wipes for preparing an injection site. Im starting to think a preperation of Lidocaine Hydrochloride (2%, External Anesthetic), Benzalkonium Chloride , would be better at reducing infection..

Theres is also other External Anesthetic in new formulatins coming out. Are any stronger than another. I figure the external Lidocaine Hydrochloride may also help with reducing injection site pain a little also.

I found this one below that I thought I would consider using instead of regular alcohol.

Active Ingredients: Lidocaine (2%), Benzalkovium Chloride (0.13%). Other Ingredients: Benzyl Alcohol, BHA, Isobutane, Isopropyl Palmitate, Methyl Gluceth-20 Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Phosphoric Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Distearate, Water.

Attachments

• medi-quick.jpg
    medi-quick.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 560
Last edited:
Give it more time. Keep an eye on it and try to evaluate whether it's getting better or worse. If it's getting better (even if slowly), you'll probably be fine. If it's getting worse, you might want to look into some antibiotics. Also, usually an abcess will become soft and mushy at the site where all the pus has accumulated, so keep an eye out for that too.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

id like to know miore about the petstore antibiotics also. wha kinda pet store? like petco?petsmart? or like a vet?? its always good to know these things incase you dont have insurence.

Another thing to remember is if you live close the the Mexican border, you can just take a trip down there and pick up some Amoxocillian OTC. Down there you don't have to have a script for it, it's like buying Advil here. I think you can only bring two bottles back at a time though.

Someone else who lives close to there might be able to tell ya more though. I have a bottle in my med cabinet right now. My sister lives in Texas and picked one up for me last summer.

lucian said:
id like to know miore about the petstore antibiotics also. wha kinda pet store? like petco?petsmart? or like a vet?? its always good to know these things incase you dont have insurence.
Lots of online stores have it.

Vespa103 said:
Well its been 4 days and left delt is still swollen hard lump and red warm to the touch

Should I be worried? 3cc it should not be infected new dart is it possibly just a pierced vein under the skin causing the problem?

thanks

try some aleve or ibuprofen for a few days and see how you feel in a few days.

Snarf said:
Its true. I take fish antibiotics and I work for a big Pharma company!

However, you need to know a little about what types of antibiotics to take and what is an effective dose.

Snarf, I respect your posts and your base of knowledge. Can you post more on this subject? What do you take and why?
Also info on the various types and what they would be good for.

Thanks,
Boo.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I bumped this great thread, knowing Snarf was online.

Snarf, do you have a moment to comment on the above at length?

Boo.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner