over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Injecting into crunchy scar tissue?

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
I'm wondering what you guys think about injecting into crunchy scar tissue. I tried googling it but didn't come up with anything. Does this cause a reduction in absorption/bioavailability? Is there any way we can counteract or even reduce the crunchy? I ask because my left glute is like this and I don't like to inject IM anywhere other than my glutes.

Man, I hate that. I have in both delts. I’ve been trying to hit the rear delt lately to avoid it. When it takes more pressure to push the oil in I assume it’s not going to absorb the same way and often causes more swelling and irritation.

Individuals with diabetes that repetitively hit same site subcutaneous injections can develop lipohypertrophy, in which can render absorption of insulin.

So there's that.

if I try to run Tren Acetate into scar tissue, I get the cough almost 80 percent of the time. Try a different depth. You can use 25g 1/2" pins for delta and thighs. Shallower injection will help steer clear of scar tissue. Haven't pinned glutes in 10 years. Can't reach em.

I remember reading a pub Med study that injecting in scar tissue majorly decreased absorption. Not sure if it’s true with aas

Think I injected Some gh in scartissue yesterday:eek:

RIP Delt123 :D

Ontopic: I do this regularly since I don't use that many injection spots, seems to be working just fine still but of course that's only anecdotal evidence. Would make sense if absorption were to be affected though. The question then would be: by how much? Is it significant enough to avoid injecting into scar tissue? My guess would be no based on my experience. Just my two cents.

RIP Delt123 :D

Ontopic: I do this regularly since I don't use that many injection spots, seems to be working just fine still but of course that's only anecdotal evidence. Would make sense if absorption were to be affected though. The question then would be: by how much? Is it significant enough to avoid injecting into scar tissue? My guess would be no based on my experience. Just my two cents.

Agreed, also I would think it’s more likely to be the absorption speed that’s affected rather than amount.

This Q was moved to the beginner section. In what world do beginners have this issue. LOL

I am one giant piece of scar tissue now (after 33 years of gear use). Obviously injecting is slower. Never had absorption issues or I would have many abcesses to have drained over the years. It may take a few more days of lumping before absorption though.

Man, I hate that. I have in both delts. I’ve been trying to hit the rear delt lately to avoid it. When it takes more pressure to push the oil in I assume it’s not going to absorb the same way and often causes more swelling and irritation.

Wow...rear delts. Hi JJ....you able to get back there by yourself? If so how?
Take care.
MS

In reality...it may affect the absorption rate, but you aren't "wasting" the gear. It will eventually dissipate in to the bloodstream. I've been injecting in my quads for years, and have a fair amount of scar tissue built up. Blood work every 6 weeks shows its getting in to my system just fine.
GD

I have scar tissue in both sides of my glutes which sucks because the only fix is seeing a derma surgeon

But it can cause your NURSE giving you the FLU Shot to not push the plunger in. LOL...Got mine last night and it wouldn't go in my shoulder...

The nurse "Well that is strange, I cant push it in"
ME "Just push really hard, I do this all the time" and winked at her....

It’s unavoidable once you’ve been doing this long enough. Imagine all these pros that are pinning everyday multiple times a day. You’ll be fine.

An inevitability. Blood work will definitely be the answer. I wonder if the occasional deep tissue could actually help that much.

I'm wondering what you guys think about injecting into crunchy scar tissue. I tried googling it but didn't come up with anything. Does this cause a reduction in absorption/bioavailability? Is there any way we can counteract or even reduce the crunchy? I ask because my left glute is like this and I don't like to inject IM anywhere other than my glutes.
You sure that wasn’t a 100,000 Dollar Bar in your back pocket?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws