over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interesting thought on lats!

MR.BICEPS

Banned
Well I pondered on Vanders advise on training lats twice a week. Then it hit me, the lats are the only muscles being worked from pulldowns just like the chest is worked through say bench presses. Rows do nothing for the lats but increase back thickness which arent two in the same!...

The lat muscles arent the same muscle group as the back thickenss group which are trained from rows and deadlifts.

Therefore if we need 12 sets once per week to train chest. e would also need 12 sets to hit the lat once per week and another 12 sets to hit the back thickenss muscle.

The opposite exercise of the miltary press for shoulders is the lat pulldown for lats. The opposite exercise for bench press which works the chest muscles is the row which works the back thickness area. Therefore all four areas would need the same amount of direct work!

Does this make sense to you guys? :)

the lats are the only muscles being worked from pulldowns just like the chest is worked through say bench presses. Rows do nothing for the lats but increase back thickness which arent two in the same!...

wow thats new to me. Lats are the only muscles bein worked from pulldowns? I was pretty damn sure on pulldowns ur also workin ur entire upper back haha.

Im not gonna argue on this one, il just say in my own experience i get a pretty damn good lat pump from low slightly wide grip barbell rows.

ALL your back muscles are being worked to some degree in barbell rows and pulldowns! 12 sets apeice for back thickness and lats? I am confused here!

TH

Are you talking cable rows, or bent over rows? The reason I ask is because bent over rows hit the lats more than any other exercise except for pullups. At least for me. I know you are wondering, if pullups hit your lats real good then why doesn't pulldowns?. Well the do hit my lats real good but I think that pullups and bent over rows hit my lats the best.

Rows really hit my lats. I do the same thing, back thickness and then back width. It does work but not because you are hitting to different muscles in the back.

Same here -

I do chins for lat width
I do rows for thickness/strength

those are my two staple back exercises. I add others in, but those two I have always kept.

DrG

width,thickness

I think any row increases the lats thickness which would add some width but pulldowns of all varieties seem to isolate the outer part of the lat inducing the winglike effect..thoughts?

drgoodbody said:
Same here -

I do chins for lat width
I do rows for thickness/strength

those are my two staple back exercises. I add others in, but those two I have always kept.
I also do similar - front pulldowns for width and bent-over bb rows or rack deads for thickness/strength.

I believe DC says to work both into his program as well.

xcel

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity