over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Internet Security and Rotating IPs

MT

Registered
Okay, so heres some basics on protecting your computer from viruses, spyware and potentially the law:

1. Avast anti virus software- this is free and has won awards for being one of the best anti-virus programs out there.
Find it here-
http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

2. Ad-Aware SE- scans your system for ad-supported software components and removes them. Again this is free.
Find it here-
**broken link removed**

3. Firefox 2- this is an award winning web browser. By far and away the best. When downloaded click add-ons, some of these are extremely useful. Free.
Find it here-
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

4.QFX Key scrambler- Basically anyone monitoring what you type through your keyboard sees a total load of bollocks. This is a Firefox web browser add on, so you must have firefox to be able to utilize this software. It is free.
Find it here-
**broken link removed**

The following go without saying-
- Always have a firewall switched on
- Use hushmail, squatmail or cyber- rights for encrypted emails
- Egold is prefferable when making online payments

Now if someone could direct me to where i can find rotating ip address software and further computer security software that would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: I do not feel my post is breaking any board rules or that this is advertising, as all of this is free software and no one is making any monetary gain from it.

All of those are very good. I just want to make one point in case people are not aware. Hushmail and others are not as safe as you would expect. They mainly use PGP for encrypting email. About 4 years ago the US government made PGP install a back door in all of it's newer than version 7 products due to 9/11. If you want true encrypted email get an older version of PGP or simply use normal email and write a separate document that you can encrypt into a RAR or ZIP file. Use more than 8 characters and do not just use alpha-numeric. Throw in some "!@#$%^&(()" characters. This will take about 20 years brute force to decrypt on average. There is no back door. Granted a judge would probably never allow law enforcement to legally decrypt your email and use it in court if they can only assume it is for gear, but they can decrypt it without an order and track you. But again, I doubt it would get that far unless the DEA was involved.

Wich one of the programs mentioned scrambles IP addresses??? Or is there a better program out there for this?

Boomshaker-
None of those programs scrambles your IP address. The QFX software scrambles what you type on your keyboard.

Kaiser-
Can you suggest an older version of PGP encrypted email. Also could you explain the other method you mention a little more.
Do you know of any good software for rotating IPs?

BOOMSHAKER said:
Wich one of the programs mentioned scrambles IP addresses??? Or is there a better program out there for this?

Annointed's findnot www.findnot.com is one of the board sponsors.

Also could you explain the other method you mention a little more.

I believe he his talking about using PGP to encrypt a file and then
compress it using whatever format you prefer.

If you don't want to find an old version of PGP, just use GPG, which
is the open source version of PGP. Gotta love open source software.

MT said:
Boomshaker-
None of those programs scrambles your IP address. The QFX software scrambles what you type on your keyboard.

Kaiser-
Can you suggest an older version of PGP encrypted email. Also could you explain the other method you mention a little more.
Do you know of any good software for rotating IPs?

What I am talking about is say you have a person that you deal with on a regular basis. When you see that person or talk to them tell them an 8 character or more password that they will use to decrypt your message. when you need to send a message, type it up in notepad or something that is a text editor. Save the file and add it to an encrypted ZIP. You can then send the zip to the recipient in a normal email. They receive it, extract the ZIP and it will ask for a password that you gave them previously. Make sure the password includes special characters along with normal letters since the only way to crack a ZIP encrypted file is brute force, it will take about 20 years.

As far as PGP is concerned, any version 7 or below is good. I initially forgot which version it was in an earlier thread but BigA was aware and refreshed my memory that it was 7 and below were good to go.

Kaiser said:
As far as PGP is concerned, any version 7 or below is good. I initially forgot which version it was in an earlier thread but BigA was aware and refreshed my memory that it was 7 and below were good to go.

No, it's any version BEFORE 7. The backdoor was installed from version 7 onwards.
6.5.8 was the latest one before 7 I believe.

Big A said:
No, it's any version BEFORE 7. The backdoor was installed from version 7 onwards.
6.5.8 was the latest one before 7 I believe.

Thanks A. I knew it was somewhere around there.

Thankyou for your inputs Kaiser and Big A. Much appreciated. May you both have a very merry christmas and a happy new year!

Kaiser said:
About 4 years ago the US government made PGP install a back door in all of it's newer than version 7 products due to 9/11.

:rolleyes: as stated above thank god for the open source version (i bet it wont be too long before they make it illegal)...alex

Malic777.com said:
:rolleyes: as stated above thank god for the open source version (i bet it wont be too long before they make it illegal)...alex

Pretty impossible to make open source illegal, as I have never seen it happen before. The nature of it is that it can also be distributed as not a final product by simply not doing a final compile and just releasing source code. This would allow for someone at home to compile it themselves into an executable file with simple instructions. Source code falls under science, so it cannot be stopped or hindered.

Kaiser said:
Pretty impossible to make open source illegal, as I have never seen it happen before. The nature of it is that it can also be distributed as not a final product by simply not doing a final compile and just releasing source code. This would allow for someone at home to compile it themselves into an executable file with simple instructions. Source code falls under science, so it cannot be stopped or hindered.

i was kidding but as things are developing in the world i bet it wont be too long before even science becomes illegal like during the inquisition lol...never underestimate big bro and the sheep like nature of mankind...alex

I've downloaded the Avast Anti-Virus...can I uninstall my McAfee anti-virus now??.....sorry if it was a stupid question, I'm computer illiterate :D

I've downloaded the Avast Anti-Virus...can I uninstall my McAfee anti-virus now??.....:D

Have you installed Avast? If not you should probably uninstall McAfee before installing Avast. If you have already installed Avast you can try uninstalling McAfee ... it should be OK.

Have you installed Avast? If not you should probably uninstall McAfee before installing Avast. If you have already installed Avast you can try uninstalling McAfee ... it should be OK.

yea I already installed Avast....thanks!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131