over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is this allowed?

dunc66

Newbies
Not sure what is allowed on this forum or not. Please delete if I am not allowed to ask what I am about to ask.

My husband is on prescribed test cyp 2x a week 100mg / 1cc dose. When he lost 300 pounds (on his own no surgery etc) and started lifting we had his T level checked and they were almost non-existent thus the need for replacement therapy. Anyway, the bloated feeling and look between shots is really starting to annoy the shit out of him and ultimately ME because I have to listen to him. He has cut out the creatine in his supplements thinking that it might be contributing but after 3 weeks without he isn't seeing improvement.

He has used a natural water pill of sorts that we get at the local health food store and that helps a bit but he wanted me to see if anyone has any ideas?

You can see his transformation on the before/after pictures posts!

Thanks in advance!

A lot of times water retention is related to out of range (high) estrogen levels. If possible, you may want to have them checked via blood work. Something like aromasin/arimidex used daily at a low dose often helps to lower estrogen thus cut out the water retention. I'd get the bloodwork done first before adding anything extra to his hormone replacement therapy that may be unneeded.

I would have him get some quick blood work done. To be honest at such a low dosage I would just have him take 200mg once a week, the drop in blood levels would be nominal at best.

Also the level of aromatization at such an extremely low dosage would be non existent for the most part unless he has some sort of genetic predisposition to convert test ---> estrogen at a higher rate than normal.

Definately some quick blood work, chances are its just his diet (processed carbs at all? or high sodium some days) and not the test.

It's estrogen levels. which were most likely elevated prior to beginning HRT.

Check out our sponsor ResearchStop..

Thanks for the great responses! Genetics is definitely NOT my husbands ally! I wondered too if it was more an overload of natural estrogen rather than a reaction to the HRT. Will check out the sponsor mentioned! Any other ideas are appreciated!

Thanks again!

I would have him get some quick blood work done. To be honest at such a low dosage I would just have him take 200mg once a week, the drop in blood levels would be nominal at best.

Also the level of aromatization at such an extremely low dosage would be non existent for the most part unless he has some sort of genetic predisposition to convert test ---> estrogen at a higher rate than normal.

Definately some quick blood work, chances are its just his diet (processed carbs at all? or high sodium some days) and not the test.

He lost 300 lbs.
Meaning he was grossly overweight, which leads to higher estrogen levels.
On top of the fact that his natty test levels were zilch.

One reason we recommend for newbies to cut bodyfat under 15% before they cycle.

So I agree with all the above posters... estrogen is probably the culprit.

agreed,i think it to be estro as well,but as mentioned above i would get blood work thru his Doc and then the Doc can help with any meds needed,i would not just go to a sponsor here and start on something.

He lost 300 lbs.
Meaning he was grossly overweight, which leads to higher estrogen levels.
On top of the fact that his natty test levels were zilch.

One reason we recommend for newbies to cut bodyfat under 15% before they cycle.

So I agree with all the above posters... estrogen is probably the culprit.

Wouldn't natural production bill null and void though as he is now in HRT though and is suppressed? Wouldn't natural estrogen output be just as effected as natural test output?

Wouldn't natural production bill null and void though as he is now in HRT though and is suppressed? Wouldn't natural estrogen output be just as effected as natural test output?

Nope.

When he had low natty test. His estro could of raised...

Then when he was put on TRT, without an AI, his estro could of stayed or even raised more.

All depends on how shut down his natty production was and how his body responded.

Nope.

When he had low natty test. His estro could of raised...

Then when he was put on TRT, without an AI, his estro could of stayed or even raised more.

All depends on how shut down his natty production was and how his body responded.

Bingo. He already had HIGH ESTROGEN levels to begin with, put him on some Testosterone with no aromatase inhibitor and it's a recipe for estrogen overload.

Does he cry alot :D then I would say estrogen related.. If I see a squirrel get ran over I start to get teary eyed.

I wish my wife would join a fitness board and talk about me...I have to sneak on this board when I can since I give her so much crap about FACEBOOK...I hate that social network crap..

Thanks for the great responses! Genetics is definitely NOT my husbands ally! I wondered too if it was more an overload of natural estrogen rather than a reaction to the HRT. Will check out the sponsor mentioned! Any other ideas are appreciated!

Thanks again!

Well, the estrogen is formed when the test is converted into estrogen though a series of reactions. Aromatization is what its called and there are drugs that can treat that. So for some reason your husband aromatizes a lot. Some people are able to take the test supplemention and not have issues, others are not. When I was taking really high doses of test I would use Arimidex, that is one of the drugs used. So when he started taking the test his estrogen levels rose too.
He should go back to his doc and explain his problems, hopefully the doc knows enough to order the proper tests and evaluate. Is it an endo? 200mg/wk is an awefully high dose for HRT too. I wonder what his test level is now. I get by on just 1/2 of that, at 100 mg/wk. Most guys take between 100 and 150 per week.

Last edited:
So would the thought be to start dosing something like Arimidex or Aromasin?

So would the thought be to start dosing something like Arimidex or Aromasin?

The thought would be for him to see his doc and get analyzed so that they can figure out the proper action. If an AI is needed then they can prescribe it and he will get all the monitoring done by a doc and insurance will cover it all. No need for him to go self medicating when a doc is already involved.

The thought would be for him to see his doc and get analyzed so that they can figure out the proper action. If an AI is needed then they can prescribe it and he will get all the monitoring done by a doc and insurance will cover it all. No need for him to go self medicating when a doc is already involved.

That definitely sounds like the best route. I was just curious because I'm new to stuff like this. Trying to absorb as much as possible about as much as possible.

That definitely sounds like the best route. I was just curious because I'm new to stuff like this. Trying to absorb as much as possible about as much as possible.

If it were one of us that was dosing AAS for bodybuilding, then yeah you could try a small dose of Arimidex. Just be aware though that it has its own ill side effects to worry about and so by taking yet another drug you are introducing negatives while trying to control the estrogen problem. It all has to be balanced out. The first thing I would look at would be diet too. I used to use Arimidex too, but only needed it if I went over 750 mg/wk test.

Well, the estrogen is formed when the test is converted into estrogen though a series of reactions. Aromatization is what its called and there are drugs that can treat that. So for some reason your husband aromatizes a lot. Some people are able to take the test supplemention and not have issues, others are not. When I was taking really high doses of test I would use Arimidex, that is one of the drugs used. So when he started taking the test his estrogen levels rose too.
He should go back to his doc and explain his problems, hopefully the doc knows enough to order the proper tests and evaluate. Is it an endo? 200mg/wk is an awefully high dose for HRT too. I wonder what his test level is now. I get by on just 1/2 of that, at 100 mg/wk. Most guys take between 100 and 150 per week.

x2. 200mg of test is likely to produce serum total test levels of 1250 or so, outside of the usual reference range of 300-850. If he is estrogen prone, it is likely his E2 is 60-80. You want 20-30. So, an aromatase inhibitor like arimidex is likely to be needed. Go to the doc and get proper tests.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131