Isotretinoin (Accutane) and sun exposure

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
I have developed some bad acne on my back the last year so I just started isotretinoin (Accutane) a few days ago. I am only using 20mg per day. I have read all about it and realize I will need to use this for a few months even if my acne improves fast. Anyway I want to know peoples experiences with lower doses and sun exposure.

I go on holiday at the end of August and I will be loading up on melanotan 2 before I go. Do you think I will be fine spending long periods in the sun? Just wanted to hear your experiences. I doubt I will go any higher than 20mg. Only been on it for 3 days and so far so good. Thanks

No. You're asking for trouble.

No. You're asking for trouble.

Have you taken it before? I have 6 weeks before I go away so I will just see how I am in a few weeks. It's early stages and I have never taken it before so a big unknown for me. Hopefully I don't start drying out too much. It's suppose to make acne worst the first few weeks though so prepared for that.

Have you taken it before? I have 6 weeks before I go away so I will just see how I am in a few weeks. It's early stages and I have never taken it before so a big unknown for me. Hopefully I don't start drying out too much. It's suppose to make acne worst the first few weeks though so prepared for that.
Yes I have taken it before. You don't want to mess with the sun or tanning beds. I took it for 7 mos @20mg. You'll be very red/burnt and can damage your skin.

Yes I have taken it before. You don't want to mess with the sun or tanning beds. I took it for 7 mos @20mg. You'll be very red/burnt and can damage your skin.

Thanks for the details. I don't plan to go out in the sun here or on tanning beds but in Ibiza that may be hard to do. I am only going for 6 days but will be extra careful. Hopefully mt2 will help protect me (and sun lotion). It's an unknown so I will just use common sense and see how I am with 30 mins in the sun then an hour etc. If I burn I will obviously try to stay out of the sun as much as possible.

I am curious about everyone's findings on Accutane and what dose they used and for how long. Did they burn badly too etc.

My acne is not majorly bad (like you see in some Accutane logs online). Curious are there any guys who used Accutane successfully for shorter periods? Did your acne rebound back after you stopped as you didn't run it long enough? From what I have read most people take it 6 months and over.

My derm had me on 20mg one day and 40mg the next and so one for 6 months during the winter months. I had to wear sun block constantly and still had issues if I was outside for to long. Please be careful you can get in trouble very easy.

Im on 20 mg a day. I can go out in the sun with no problem for a few hours with spray on sunblock 45 spf. I use rub on cream on my fac at 55spf every day. I have not burned.

when I go to pool , i reapply spray several times.

As others have mentioned, if push comes to shove then you can just put sunblock on. Just make sure you disperse it evenly or you will have some crazy ass tan lines. Hahaha

I've never used Accutane, personal, but I have researched it bc during my cycles I broke out pretty bad and I was going to see about getting a legit script for it. I just never went to the doc, nor could I find a sponsor that carried it. It sucked bc I was getting big, but I didn't want to show off my body bc my arms were pretty broke out. From the research I've done, it appears that for best results you should run it for six months and once your acne is cleared up, it's cleared up for good. Even after you stopped the medication you're not suppose to have acne ever again. Or if you do then it will only be minimal. That seems to be the consensus from my research, but again, I've never used it personally.

What I can tell you though is that Accutane is very hepatotoxic so definitely make sure to run liver supplements during your run. I would also steer clear of any orals, alcohol, or large amounts of NSAIDs/Acetaminophen. Those will only potentiate further elevated liver enzymes

Last edited:
Never really noticed much damage from the sun or tanning or anything whilst on Accutane (40mg ED) the only thing I noticed was dry itchy sore lips and lethargy.

I have developed some bad acne on my back the last year so I just started isotretinoin (Accutane) a few days ago. I am only using 20mg per day. I have read all about it and realize I will need to use this for a few months even if my acne improves fast. Anyway I want to know peoples experiences with lower doses and sun exposure.

I go on holiday at the end of August and I will be loading up on melanotan 2 before I go. Do you think I will be fine spending long periods in the sun? Just wanted to hear your experiences. I doubt I will go any higher than 20mg. Only been on it for 3 days and so far so good. Thanks

Few months? Accutane is typically taken for a minimum of 6 months. In the beginning of taking accutane you might get something called, the initial break out, where you break out more. Or you could break out the entire time on the stuff and only get better when you stop.

I was on 20mg for 6-7 months, and I would avoid the sun like the plague. You'll notice on accutane, your skill will produce a lot less sebum. Your skin will be drier, injuries to your skin will heal a lot slower, so exposing yourself to the sun for long periods will be bad if you got burnt.

Hope you're taking prescription grade accutane, the UGL stuff is crap. I was on 80mg/day of the ugl stuff and when switching over to 20mg script, it was night and day.

It might even clear your skin in 6 weeks, mine was 4-5 and it was very bad. I should improve dramatically in that period IMO.

You face might dry up so get a good moisturiser and vaseline for your lips.

Accutane needs to be run for months though IMO, when run properly. You'd be better doing a 4-6 month course, checking bloods every 4-5 weeks and not consuming alcohol or oral steroids either.

Dont even fuck about with the sun and burning. I lost someone last year to skin cancer, its not a joke and not worth burning or risking burning in the sun for 1-2 weeks as you're on holiday, think about your health.

Low dose. Will you burn? Yes
I have run 40mg just 2-3 x week and I'm still sensitive. But now that I'm tanned. No biggie?
Will running low dose for months clear you? Likely not. Will need longer

I've rant FOUR FULL course. Last one being 120mg/day for 7 months. So, 20 mg over dose and 3 months longer... My acne came back. Like usual. 3 monts later. Much lesser degree however
Side note. I find I can stay clear with a clean diet. Lots of greens and no eggs

Again. My accutane runs were all doctor supervised. Prescription. Ect. So was real deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies. Like with anything guys seem to respond differently. Although as stated perhaps the purity of tabs is completely different and that's why some guys are fine whilst others burn even in the winter months. If I responded like Swifto or 9muscle9 I would be gtg. But reading this thread and online logs 90% people don't respond that way.

Part of me is thinking am I best just coming off as it's only been a few days. I have just started dbol and will be using 3-MHD and plan to drink a lot in Ibiza. I never do that though and I am usually very careful with my liver. I only drink a handful of occasions each year. I have had 1 bottle of cider in the last few months.

I have broke out a little on my face since starting but my back (and top of head) seems to be getting better. My back is the reason I started it as my face is usually fine. Part of me thinks if I am gonna do it I want to do it properly. But perhaps the timing is way off due to my plans for the next few months (and the climate). I will carry on and just see how I am in a few weeks. If it has improved I may take a risk and stop it completely and hope I don't rebound.

I have been using an acne cream the last few days for my back (benzoyl peroxide and potassium hydroxyquinoline sulphate) and perhaps that with good diet and mt2 with light sun exposure may be enough. Let's see how the next few weeks go.

Have used 20mg Accutane with MT2 a few years back. Was able to use tanning beds @6mins twice a week with no burning. Only side effects were dry lips and slight thinning of hair, which thickened up again when i stopped the accutane.

Have used 20mg Accutane with MT2 a few years back. Was able to use tanning beds @6mins twice a week with no burning. Only side effects were dry lips and slight thinning of hair, which thickened up again when i stopped the accutane.

This is what I was hoping for. But as seen above the spectrum of side effects (burning) is massive. At least I know there are some guys who were ok so that's gives me hope I don't have to hide from the sun on holiday. Obviously I will use common sense but it's good to see a guys findings when MT2 was added into the mix. I bought a lip stick for dry lips so will be using that everyday.

This is what I was hoping for. But as seen above the spectrum of side effects (burning) is massive. At least I know there are some guys who were ok so that's gives me hope I don't have to hide from the sun on holiday. Obviously I will use common sense but it's good to see a guys findings when MT2 was added into the mix. I bought a lip stick for dry lips so will be using that everyday.
Chap stick and Cetaphil moisturizer for face works well so you don't get a chapped nose. Cetaphil is non comedagenic which means it won't clog pores.

don't risk it b/c you will get fried or really red. I would see about coming off before then or talk with doc about switching meds that aren't so sun sensitive. My buddy got really bad burn doing same meds and not staying out of sun.

I forgot to mention I bought a generic brand from a site I found online (good site though). But our new sponsor UK Anabolic sells Roaccutan (Accutane) so I just got some from them too. Just incase you ever need to get them. I think bluesky something :confused: sells them too.

**broken link removed**

As others have mentioned, if push comes to shove then you can just put sunblock on. Just make sure you disperse it evenly or you will have some crazy ass tan lines. Hahaha

I've never used Accutane, personal, but I have researched it bc during my cycles I broke out pretty bad and I was going to see about getting a legit script for it. I just never went to the doc, nor could I find a sponsor that carried it. It sucked bc I was getting big, but I didn't want to show off my body bc my arms were pretty broke out. From the research I've done, it appears that for best results you should run it for six months and once your acne is cleared up, it's cleared up for good. Even after you stopped the medication you're not suppose to have acne ever again. Or if you do then it will only be minimal. That seems to be the consensus from my research, but again, I've never used it personally.

What I can tell you though is that Accutane is very hepatotoxic so definitely make sure to run liver supplements during your run. I would also steer clear of any orals, alcohol, or large amounts of NSAIDs/Acetaminophen. Those will only potentiate further elevated liver enzymes

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner