over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

It's Not Rocket Science.

RazorCuts

Registered
It's Not Rocket Science.
The other day I did an Internet search on bodybuilding training principles. I was amazed at the thousands of pages that came up, each promising the next miracle workout. No wonder most weight trainers are confused.
The muscle building process is actually pretty simple. When I say that, I am not talking about the effort required to execute the process, just the basic formula which can be summed up as stimulus and response. Muscle is best stimulated to grow by being placed under heavy mechanical tension (overload) and responds to that stimulus by building bigger stronger muscles.
It's almost like some people feel a need to make it harder than that. So they over-examine things, dissect the minor details and look for the hidden strategies. In the process of scouring particulars they miss the bigger picture.
For instance, some people ask me questions about weight selection. They say they are confused and don't know exactly when to increase weight or what percent to increase it by. Rather than making it difficult, simply use the 4-6 rep (or any other nominated rep range like 10-12) range as your guide. If you can get 6 reps on your own then increase weight by a small increment. It doesn't have to be a perfect science as long as you work to progressively use more weights while staying in your nominated rep range.
If you over-analyze the process you are wasting energy and going to cause yourself unnecessary confusion. The reality is its pretty clear cut and spelled out simply. And above it all, the underlying key to your success is the consistent hard work you do while executing those basic principles.
The ironical thing is, the biggest guys I know all follow this principle, not some scientific sounding mumbo jumbo training system.

-You can break the muscle building process down to a few major points:

-Train heavy and intense. By heavy I mean that you are struggling on the last couple of reps. This applies wether you are doing 6 reps or 20 reps. If the last rep is a struggle, then you are training heavy.

-Follow a good nutrition schedule daily. This means that you must eat every 3 hours, either eat of have a protein shake.

-Practice smart post workout nutrient/supplement selection and timing. Use protein powder, L-Glutamine, and Creatine.

-Execute consistently in and out of the gym. Eat consistently, sleep consistently, train consistently, (DON'T MISS WORKOUTS!!!!).

Don't overcomplicate the process. Train hard, train heavy and grow.

RC

Dovetailing off the IaBadman thread this is a great post Razor, thanks for putting this up, it really is that easy. I get asked "the magic bullet" question alot at my gym from younger guys. I don't know claim to know much about training but I do know these basics enough to try to explain this to them. I think I am going to make a bunch of copies of this and keep them in my gym bag so i can give them to guys that ask me these questions...lol

I always thought it was called rocket surgery??lol!! :p :D :)

It's actually the same for any thing in life. There are people who purposely obfuscate any subject, creating a need for more information. Lo and behold, the same person making it so confusing promises to explain it all to you clear as day - FOR A PRICE!

What if you took a heavy weight, lifted it repeatedly, and then ate lots of food?

OuchThatHurts said:
What if you took a heavy weight, lifted it repeatedly, and then ate lots of food?

:D :D :D

OuchThatHurts said:

Been wondering on that one for years now

A friend of mine used to work for Nasa. He says rocket science is simple, brain surgery on the other hand....

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws