over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Jealousy....

StoryOfTheYear

Registered
Man, I have a serious jealousy issue here. I just get so pissed off everytime my girlfriend talks about hanging out with a guy friend or just mentions something relating to that. I dont know what my problem is, but I just get SO PISSED about it. What are some ways of getting over this?!?!? I mean, ive always been this way, but lately just more than usual. Can someone give me some advice please? -StOrY-

Same problem bro.. If your girl is hot then you know damn well that that "friend" would JUMP if she ever gave him a chance. That idea alone makes you not want her around him. She thinks its just a friend, when he doesnt look at it entirely that way. Drives me nuts too. This is one of the things that has always given me trouble in relationships. I get jealous easy because the girls i date are always in high demand.

dont get me started!!!LOL

StoryOfTheYear said:
Man, I have a serious jealousy issue here. I just get so pissed off everytime my girlfriend talks about hanging out with a guy friend or just mentions something relating to that. I dont know what my problem is, but I just get SO PISSED about it. What are some ways of getting over this?!?!? I mean, ive always been this way, but lately just more than usual. Can someone give me some advice please? -StOrY-
bro my girl has been in mexico on exchange for the last 6+months...she's a beautiful blonde 20 year old...can you imagine the thoughts that have been going through my head????? i have always been SO jealous over her, but she likes to have tons of friends...some of which are guys. here's the thing though, just because she hangs out with a guy, doesnt mean she doesnt love you. you have to have confidence in yourself...know that you are better than that guy...and trust that if he tries something, she will do the right thing...better yet, trust that she will not put herself in a situation where a guy would try something with her. if shes hanging out in some guys room alone with the door closed, then i think you have room to wonder...but if shes just going out and hanging out as friends...then you should trust her. if you and your girl cannot trust eachother, then you have some real work to do. i cannot begin to tell you how close my girl and i have become from being apart for so long...and i know i can trust her in any situation now...which has always been a huge thing for me. one thing she told me is that i should be happy she's hanging out with guys, because it makes her love me more being around dumbasses!LOL i think our situations are a little different though...i assume you and your girl live near eachother...but you should just trust her to be faithful.

another thing, i have always thought of how she would feel if i did ____...i always try to put her feelings first when i make decisions that would affect our relationship. so because i did this, i never hung out with girls who asked me out because i did not want her to be jealous...but lately, i have been hanging out with a few girls (just as friends) and she has started feeling the same way i used to. if she is going to hang out with other guys, you have the same right to hang out with other girls. dont do it to spite her, but if thats the way she wants your relationship to be, give it a try and maybe she'll change her mind.

i think basically what i am trying to say is, trust her to make good decisions. it gets easier and easier, and you will come to trust her more and more as you begin to see that she will be faithful (hopefully).

TooPowerful4u said:
Same problem bro.. If your girl is hot then you know damn well that that "friend" would JUMP if she ever gave him a chance. That idea alone makes you not want her around him. She thinks its just a friend, when he doesnt look at it entirely that way. Drives me nuts too. This is one of the things that has always given me trouble in relationships. I get jealous easy because the girls i date are always in high demand.
you have to trust that she wont give him that chance...and if she does...you are better off without her.

Thanks Flex! Im already feeling a bit better and starting to cool off! lol :) Man that must have been so hard at first dealing with your girlfriend being gone like that. Being jealous is the most annoying feeling in the world!!

flex has good points

Listen to flex. Jealousy is very toxic. It poisons everything around it. Sometimes we (and I mean all of us) can project our thoughts, desires, feelings onto someone else. It makes sense that we do this for the simple reason that if we know we feel one way or another we have to assume (not knowing otherwise) that everyone feels the way we do.

This is for the guys. If you think about or consider a fling or one night stand, even if you just entertain the idea of it, you are going to project that onto your girlfriend and become extremely anxious when she's out among other guys. Sort of like that old saying "Those who do not trust, cannot be trusted."

The other issue is a self-esteem issue. Here's a girl trying to go about her life, having fun and enjoying life, and she has a man who has no faith in her. How do you think this makes her feel about herself? Do you think she can just slip and fall and wind up with a penis in her? What if your lack of trust makes her feel guilty for wanting to have fun? Or worse, makes her begin to believe that she actually IS untrustworthy!

You can work on your problems and get over jealousy. First you have to be a trustworthy person yourself. Once you achieve that (and believe me I'm not saying you haven't) then you'll find it much easier and simple to trust her. That way it goes from "I KNEW this would happen!" to "She did WHAT?!?!?"

Secondly, remember that women don't deal with men the way men deal with women. Women have sex drives and urges and fantasies and all those goodies like we do but they don't approach them the way we do. TALK to your girl about it. Don't complain to her. DISCUSS it like adults. If you want something long term with a girl you need to communicate often. You need to know how she's feeling and she needs to express it to you.

I'm frequently surprised when a man will say to me "I can't believe she did this! I thought we were so close!" Upon a little further questioning I find out that he works an alternate shift from her and they actually have only a very small amount of personal time together throughout the week. The time they do have is usually spent catching up on things that were let go all week. this is not true quality time. Even though the time they have is fun and good, it's just not enough. This is where a woman begins to drift away. She has needs too. Not just sexual. Before I start into a book here:

1. Be trustworthy youself
2. Don't let your own insecurities wreck her life (get help with them)
3. Remember that woman are different animals than men (with different needs, wants, etc.)

You be a-ight...

Just relax and be rational and change your thought process. It can be done. I promise.

Thanks for taking the time to post OuchThatHurts. 1,2 and 3 definately all apply to me in certain ways. -StOrY-

Man, its so wierd!! When I hang out with her (like tonight) everything was fine and we have an awesome time and we can just sit around and bullshit and laugh. Its just when I go for a little time without seeing her is when I start feeling that way. Sorry, I just needed to see this in writing somewhere lol -StOrY-

StoryoftheYear,

Everyone gets jealous at times. That's a human emotion we have trouble with. I think you've gotten good advice so far. I'd like to add some ideas that might help if you apply them in the correct manner. [In other words, a non- confrontational manner]

Why not sit down with the girl and just be honest? Set some ground rules and expectations for behavior right from the begining. What do I mean?

I'll attempt to explain. Let the girl know what you want in a relationship. If you share that information at the start it will save you time and effort hoping she will behave in a way that makes you happy. If you tell the girl you'd like to treat her with respect and not make her jealous by hanging around flirting with other women that's a start. Use that inroad to mention that you'd like to be treated the same way. Tell her that you expect her to have girlfriends and might even have a few male friends, but that you'd just as soon not be in competition with other possible suitors if she's interested in you. Just lay it out there. If she says that's unacceptable, then find one who has the same views you do. That's called compatability.

Many people make the mistake of assuming the other person should just KNOW what you are thinking and what you expect. That causes problems in relationships. Don't fall into that trap, Story.

Date a little bit. Have fun with it and keep your goals in mind. Are you looking for a possible mate? Are you just looking for a good time? Some people are not sure and both people should be on the same page or jealousy will definitely be the result.

Lastly, find a girl who is really into you. Much of this jealousy never arises if the girl has found what she's looking for. Many times the guy is spending time with FEMALE friends and acting indignant when the girl values him more than he values her or the relationship. It goes both ways, Story. Now you know how to treat a girl when the shoe is on the other foot.

Stay sane! :)

I hate that stuff

it will always bother me.

Its not so much you not trusting your Girl friend. but you don't trusting the guys. And i think girls can be manipuated so easily. Well, I guess if that happens some may argue that it wasn't true love in the first place but i even disagree on that. its just letting some dude even make an attempt to take what i got. I think alot of times even if guys and girls are seriously just friends. Deep down inside there is some kind of attraction which over time or in certain situations can manifest into something further.

I don't see it happen that much where guys view girls as 100% entirely just friends. I have a few girls who I am technically just "friends" with. but to be honest I'd be all over it if it came down do to it.

My buddies last girl friend got stolen off him by a "friend". And i knew this girl and she really did view this guy as "just a friend" and she did care about my buddy. they were together for a good while. but the "friend" had his sneaky motives. If they ever got into a fight she would tell her "friend". and he'd pull the...aww thats horrible...whys he act like that.....you shouldn't put up with that act.....so she assumes hes some great guy. slowly starts liking him and then leaves my buddy for him...only to find out hes the one who was the real prick and thats over in 2 months.

Its definately possible for guys an girls to be friends but its risky business. anyone who says other wise is lieing.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws