over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

JM Press for triceps

alpha lifter

Registered
It's a new movement for me. I'm thinking of swapping out CGBP for these for eight weeks to give them a fair try. How are these on the elbows versus skulls?

Any other pro's/con's or tips with these? I watched a bunch of EFTS videos to learn the movement and I'll be doing them as my sole tricep exercise starting Tuesday.

Thanks in advance.

It's a new movement for me. I'm thinking of swapping out CGBP for these for eight weeks to give them a fair try. How are these on the elbows versus skulls?

Any other pro's/con's or tips with these? I watched a bunch of EFTS videos to learn the movement and I'll be doing them as my sole tricep exercise starting Tuesday.

Thanks in advance.

If done correctly they are pretty damn good! It is also the most misunderstood exercise out there.3 people can show you the correct way and sometime all 3 are wrong,

Go to Youtube and search his name along with JM PRESS and there is a great video where he shows you as well explains it all.
The name of the guy is JM Blakely super nice guy!

If done correctly they are pretty damn good! It is also the most misunderstood exercise out there.3 people can show you the correct way and sometime all 3 are wrong,

Go to Youtube and search his name along with JM PRESS and there is a great video where he shows you as well explains it all.

I will have to check out the video they sound interesting.

Ok will do thanks.

Thanks in advance.

out of curiosity what is your CGBP technique? the Jm press is almost how I do CGBP, I take a shoulder wide grip ( maybe slightly closer than shoulder width ) then lower to arm pits then back up to almost full extension.

out of curiosity what is your CGBP technique? the Jm press is almost how I do CGBP, I take a shoulder wide grip ( maybe slightly closer than shoulder width ) then lower to arm pits then back up to almost full extension.

Slightly inside shoulder width grip, focus on keeping elbows pointing at my feet, and I lower to just below nipple level. I've always done this movement quickly/explosively too, it seems natural to do so for me.

The difference's between how I've always done CGBP vs JM's are you do the JM's higher up on the chest, and the elbows stay at 45 deg or so from the body.
At least I think so, from watching the vids.

Check out the videos of doing the JM presses with SSB. I really like these and they added more size and strength than other exercises for tris. They took some time to get smooth with but they are my favorite now.

Check out the videos of doing the JM presses with SSB. I really like these and they added more size and strength than other exercises for tris. They took some time to get smooth with but they are my favorite now.
Can you provide a link? That'd be helpful.

I love them. Also love dumbell rollback extensions.
But wear an elbow sleeve when doing these cause they're pretty hard on the elbows.
Also vary a bit. I wouldn't do 8 weeks the same exercise over and over again.
That'll lead to injury faster and progress stalling.

Knight9- I am not a computer person. I found them on youtube after buying my SSB. They were Dave Tate showing different exercises that could be done with SSB. I'm a newbie on here but an older guy lacking computer skills. Sorry man.

let's try this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsJYUZaJudg]Justin Tooley performing a variation of the JM Press with a Safety Squat Bar - YouTube[/ame] I followed my nephew's instructions on how to do this. This is not the video I referenced but it shows the movement. I put a towel on my chest per Dave's instructions. I try to keep my elbows in tight and it is one of my favorite tricep exercises.

Thinking about trying this out. For those that have done the JM Press, have you also tried it on a smith machine? Does it offer the same feel? or is it awkward?

Anyone else do these? I recently added them into my routine after seeing John Meadows videos on it then watched JM Blakely video on it.

Great exercise.

Anyone else do these? I recently added them into my routine after seeing John Meadows videos on it then watched JM Blakely video on it.

Great exercise.
I’ve tried many times, but it always hurts my reconstructed shoulder. Even super light weight hurts. This just isn’t right for me unfortunately.

Cage

Doing them on a smith feels good too. You can really just focus on flexing the triceps against load

I’ve tried many times, but it always hurts my reconstructed shoulder. Even super light weight hurts. This just isn’t right for me unfortunately.

Cage
I’m surprised shoulder. I thought if anything elbows or triceps.
Doing them on a smith feels good too. You can really just focus on flexing the triceps against load
The smith machine I have at my gym is such a weird angle. It goes up and away from the body if that makes sense.

I’m surprised shoulder. I thought if anything elbows or triceps.

The smith machine I have at my gym is such a weird angle. It goes up and away from the body if that makes sense.

Ahh yes the angled smiths. I don’t like them, nothing feels right

Gonna go check him out.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner