over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Joining Planet Fitness...LOL

Steve123

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Guys, is it really as bad as people say? I just took a contract position at a consulting firm..I'm gettin paid sh*t money and will have to work a ton of OT to make ends meet. The commute is going to suck and the only way to make this work will be the get there early as phuck in the AM. There's a Planet Fitness within a few miles of my desination and the price is right. Hell, right now I lift in my basement.

Do any of you guys train at a Planet? It's either this or not workout at all.. I figure, I'll just do my heavy deadlifting on a weekend day.

Well, as long as you don't look like a bodybuilder,can lift quietly and don't need db's over 60lbs, you might be able to fly under the radar! See if they have a two week free pass, so you can see if you like it or not!!

Well, as long as you don't look like a bodybuilder,can lift quietly and don't need db's over 60lbs, you might be able to fly under the radar! See if they have a two week free pass, so you can see if you like it or not!!

I'm not huge by any means. 5'11'' and 225# (off season kind of look).. In shape, I look more like a fitness model than a bodybuilder. Also, I usually wear t's when I train. If the gym is empty, I'll sometimes wear a tank top.

That DB thing sucks! That pretty much rules out DB's for almost everything.. Oh well.

I actually just called the gym manager there and just asked. He just said, "look, some of what you're hearing is true but for the most part as long as you're reasonable, you'll never have a problem. We don't give anyone a hard time for ''grunting'' unless it's just overexaggerated and disruptive. It's just not that kind of gym"..

He did tell me no heavy dead lifting though..

No heavy deadlifting:mad: id stay in the basement ant train at home

I'm not huge by any means. 5'11'' and 225# (off season kind of look).. In shape, I look more like a fitness model than a bodybuilder. Also, I usually wear t's when I train. If the gym is empty, I'll sometimes wear a tank top.

That DB thing sucks! That pretty much rules out DB's for almost everything.. Oh well.

I actually just called the gym manager there and just asked. He just said, "look, some of what you're hearing is true but for the most part as long as you're reasonable, you'll never have a problem. We don't give anyone a hard time for ''grunting'' unless it's just overexaggerated and disruptive. It's just not that kind of gym"..

He did tell me no heavy dead lifting though..

The gyms may vary some regarding db's. I'm in Northern California and there was a Gold's here that turned into a Plant Fitness and they carried out a lot of great equipment and removed all the db's over 60lbs. Who knows, it might be a little different at the one you're looking at! I hope it works out for you...Just make the best of it!! I vowed never to step foot in one because of the hatchet job they do on bodybuilders, but you're in a tricky situation. When it comes down to it, better to lift there than not at all!!!

The best gym is the most convenient gym.
I used to travel throughout New England and New York. Planet Fitness was a good fit then. Ten bucks a month, and there were a bazillion of them in that area. It wasn't my home gym, though. But it sure beat the toys in the hotel "gyms."

we all poke fun at planet fitness, and for good reason. but from what I hear a lot of the rules being enforced depend on each individual gym. Some seem to be less strict than others.

If it works for you, rock it out. if they act like assholes, take your business elsewhere, there has to be somewhere else within a reasonable distance.

I train at a PF. It's that or drive 20 miles in rush hour each way for anything better

I LIFT THINGS UP AND PUT THEM DOWN....I LIFT THINGS UP AND PUT THEM DOWN..and over here we have our parking lot...

rock it out at PF, do what you can there and do what you gotta do at home bro.

we all poke fun at planet fitness, and for good reason. but from what I hear a lot of the rules being enforced depend on each individual gym. Some seem to be less strict than others.

If it works for you, rock it out. if they act like assholes, take your business elsewhere, there has to be somewhere else within a reasonable distance.

The one I go to has one lunk alarm and I've never seen it used... unlike the complaints you can read via a google search from idiots on haterade.

I would find a real gym.. Seems like most gyms are getting cheaper because of the competion..
DV

I would find a real gym.. Seems like most gyms are getting cheaper because of the competion..
DV

Not everyone has "real gyms" close. I'd have to drive 40 mikes roundtrip in rush hour through downtown to go to one an is spend twice as long in the car as I would at the gym.

ROFL. I wouldn't last a day.

Well, what I'll probably do is hit my heavy Deads in my basement and do everything else at PF. Actually, my next door Neighbor manages a PF. The funny thing is he doesn't workout there...he works out at PowerHouse..LOL. I always give him shit about it too!

It's either PF or no workout... less than Ideal situation but you gotta do what you gotta do. I'll tell you right now. If they give me any shit, I'm going to stack the bar with 500#, pull it and just fucking let it go like I would at a real gym. I'll basically wreck what I'm sure is a crappy bar, set off lunk alarms accross the NorthEast and probably ruin the floor. On the way out, I'll randomly bite some fat chick in the ass and then just leave.

That Purple thing is going to drive me nuts more than anything else.

Heavy Deads, Yeah dont worry about that, because planet fitness has NO free weights except that one tiny smith machine they have in the corner. And those lightweight dumbells of course.

If I were you I'd stick to lifting in your basement. The supplement store I go to is right next to the local PF and every time I go in there I hear the lunk alarm going off at least once. I don't know about all PF's but the local one here has pizza day and donut day or some shit weekly.

If I were you I'd stick to lifting in your basement. The supplement store I go to is right next to the local PF and every time I go in there I hear the lunk alarm going off at least once. I don't know about all PF's but the local one here has pizza day and donut day or some shit weekly.

They do free pizza ONCE a month.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311