over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

just under 10 weeks since pec tear surgery

Big Dave Smith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
These are from the lockers today. Monday will be 10 weeks since my pec tendon was sutured back from a complete tear. Weight is at 272-273ish. Still limited in training. I'm unable to do any chest or any pressing for shoulders. Almost all back movements are do-able now. I do a hybrid version of side raises for delts. Legs are business as usual. Arms are limited depending on the angle of the movement, and again no triceps presses.

I'll post a video soon to show how the muscle moves and how it looks when it functions. I don't think it's too bad.

Last edited:
It doesn't look too bad at all man. Looks like you're recovering well. Could just be how you're standing, but I could barely tell anything even happened. Congratulations on the progress :cool:

Looks pretty good. The real test will be what it looks like onstage, when you're very lean. Looks like it should be fine though.

I agree, it doesn't look bad at all.

I've been super lucky. You'll see more in the video of how it could effect certain poses. I like to say it looks more Toney Freeman'ish than Matt Burzacott'ish... if anybody knows who those guys are.

The numbers are on the rise. Just say no to flat bench.

These are from the lockers today. Monday will be 10 weeks since my pec tendon was sutured back from a complete tear. Weight is at 272-273ish. Still limited in training. I'm unable to do any chest or any pressing for shoulders. Almost all back movements are do-able now. I do a hybrid version of side raises for delts. Legs are business as usual. Arms are limited depending on the angle of the movement, and again no triceps presses.

I'll post a video soon to show how the muscle moves and how it looks when it functions. I don't think it's too bad.

Its really hard to tell. Looks like it was fixed properly. You look great!

keep on trucking bro i know how much it sucks, im currently 3 weeks out of my second hip surgery in a year

You look great! Nice balance symetry.

Can't see the other side to compare, but from those pictures I wouldn't have been able to tell it was torn.

STay away from the Gym and recover Bro. It takes 16 weeks to get to a "safe healing" point with tendons.

my 2$

The surgeon and doctor both told me that if there is any stress on the ligament, as in discomfort or pain, don't do it. If there is no discomfort, I'm allowed to do the movement. They've already given me a list of exercises specifically for the shoulder area that put more stress on it than the exercises I do in the gym. If you watch a Colts game and see a REALLY old doctor on the sidelines with a bald head, that's my surgeon.

The surgeon and doctor both told me that if there is any stress on the ligament, as in discomfort or pain, don't do it. If there is no discomfort, I'm allowed to do the movement.

That's exactly what my doctor told me after my shoulder injury/rehab a few years back. He works with the pro football team in my city as well. I like going to these doctors because they understand the athlete's mindset. The only downside is when its football season, it can take forever to get an appointment.

Your repair looks very good BTW.

Looks pretty good. The real test will be what it looks like onstage, when you're very lean. Looks like it should be fine though.

I agree....but from what I can see it looks like he did a great job.

Hey bro looks like your doing really well. Good for you. I had the same thing. The only time you can see a difference on my chest is when I do a front double bi. My left pec is the one I tore and it looks thicker(have some scar tissue) now compaired to he right. But its not that big of a difference. When they completely release you you'll be amazed how quick your strength and size come back. Good luck!

That's exactly what my doctor told me after my shoulder injury/rehab a few years back. He works with the pro football team in my city as well. I like going to these doctors because they understand the athlete's mindset. The only downside is when its football season, it can take forever to get an appointment.

Your repair looks very good BTW.

Haha exactly. My last appointment was rescheduled because he had to go to the game early.

Thanks guys. I'll do my best from here on out. Another follow up this coming Thursday.

Looks good!
I tore mine also recently...My second one actually, flat barbell BP did it both times...Im am now officially DONE with that lift also.
Im currently about 8 weeks post-op, doing ROM PT and just started doing some very light stuff in the gym, legs, abs, arms only. My surgeon told me it would be 12 weeks till I can start to strength train the chest, shoulders and back. I will try to post up my pics to compare.

you look pretty good, 270's still lean........BIG-BOY

Now i dont mean to be a dickhead here but I am going to come out to be. For all the guys on this board that thinks its "all about drugs"...."cant look a certain way without a boatload of drugs"....and "Dante fucking lies his ass off and all his guys blah blah blah....."....."everyone shrinks when they get off etc etc etc"

Here is a trainee of mine.....a guy that gets after it hardcore....trains heavy, destroys his logbook, chews thunder and shits lightning....he just tore his pec a little bit over 2 months ago.....is presently recovering from that surgery....do you honestly really think he is boatloading bigtime super supplements right now? I mean put all ego aside and be honest with yourself.

Now does that look like a guy who is shrinking up like no tommorow? Or is that someone who has trained hard and heavy for so long, ate his way into his present musculature and it doesnt really matter because its dense viable tissue.

I am sorry i have to use you Dave during this but otherwise when i talk about my trainees I get accused of being a big bullshit artist/or someone who doesnt know whats going on.....so i have to use someone (you) where they can put themselves in your place and say "yea I wouldnt be doing alot of stuff either if i was in that injured state"....and then it kind of clicks that Dante's guys dont actually shrink down to nothing and that you dont have to use boatloads of super supplements to weigh only 208......when i think I have repeatedly for 10 years now proven online you can get up to 240 to 300 using heavy weights for your engine, food for your gas and super supplements just for a little bit of nitrous oxide (emphasis on "little bit")

Ive gotten so many emails from my trainee's or national competitors like Gooey and others on this board that tell me "Dante why the hell do you argue with those guys about that stuff, they arent going to believe you, they arent going to believe me, they arent going to believe because its too harmful to their ego otherwise"......and its true but I just have a bug up my ass about it, and I cannot figure out why. If I knew that some of my guys abused themselves 365 days year round I would just keep my mouth shut, but for some reason it bugs the shit out of me that someone like Dusty can come on this board weighing 297, win national qualifier shows, follow what I have him doing and accomplish it....and then some guy can come in and post weighing a strapping 214lbs on 3-4 times the weekly stuff and call him a liar.

Last edited:
It was funny how the weight just stayed on. I'm training as hard as I can right now, relatively speaking, but there was a decent period where I wasn't training and couldn't bear to eat much. My weight never went below 262. Yes, the logbook is always in my bag. My routine's modified to focus on whatever I'm able to do, but I still do the 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off split with my rest pauses and stretching.

I'm at the point where I hate talking to people about it in the gym. My gym has guys with a lot of 80's/90's BB knowledge, so they argue about volume and training 5-6 days a week, dieting, etc... They'll tell me I'm wrong, yet in 4 years since being home my off-season weight has gone from 235-240 at 13-15% up to 276 at around 11-12% (as the personal high). My arms used to be 17.5/18 and now they're a legit 20. The guys from 4 years ago are still the same.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131