advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Keeping 8% bf year round, can it be done?

TeknoViking

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
i am at 10%bf at the moment 170-5-6 i want to drop to 8% and just maintain at that lvl. Do you guys think that is inrealstic. I am 25 years old, obvioulsy diet is going to play a big part. Basically walking around at 8% year round i am happy with my weight and strength rite now. dont want to get any bigger just want to look like a sex machine.

easily done

:)

not gonna happen on my body....nor would i want to make the sacrifices in the offseason to make it happen lol

YES

It can be done with a sound eating plan...actually I felt so much better staying under 10% this year. I had better quality gains, my hunger was better, and it feels pretty darn good. It pretty much sets things up for you to eventually grow more muscle if that is a goal.

I ate more calories this offseason, stilled enjoyed some very tasty meals when I felt I needed one, and very well fueled in the gym.

As long as you've got a handle on your nutrition it's not that difficult. Consistency is key. I've kept a low bodyfat level for the past year or so - not only do I like the way I look, I like to be able to actually see the gains I'm making in my physique, and that's much more easily done without a thick layer of fat covering everything.

No prob at all. Diet is the key to maintaining it. I'm 24 and stay 6-7% yr round. You will feel a lot better being lean and while it is debatable, you can build qaulity muscle while doing it.

Sure, just eat clean, train, cardio year around.....Just fitness lifestyle....:p:cool:

8% DOABLE???

WHAT?? Im like 7 to 12 naturally. U drink water*(H2O) wit ice and nothing else other than water and protien powder and u loss 5 pounds right there in a months time. Then u dont ever eat FAST GREAAAASE EVER, DONT CARE WHA HAPPENS U DONt EAT THAT SHIT OR ANY SHIt. Eat tuna, NY strip steak, and chicken with rice or go source of GOOD CARB.z ull be goldenly dry lookin. And u cant like even think u can sneak in bags of potato chips and crap, u only eat 3 meals a day with snacks like naturetruevalley gronolla bars and ull drop the extra flap of course if u dont sit on ur azz watchin TV.DOG

O yeah im like 4%ing it year ROUND BRO. So u got no worries and im doin that wit no metabolizum speederupperz, like clen or some crap. I am going to take some G too but thats not now nor hasnt been for about a year or 1.5years ago. Inshort what REALLY goes in does and doesnt have supporting elements ur body needs and doesnt need for Optinum Nutrition/PERFORMANCE visually and physically, does support ur end results/ physical abilities of ur BODY(the ting ur supplying nutrients by feeding so tink twice about the quality)

Last edited:
It can be done with a sound eating plan...actually I felt so much better staying under 10% this year. I had better quality gains, my hunger was better, and it feels pretty darn good. It pretty much sets things up for you to eventually grow more muscle if that is a goal.

I ate more calories this offseason, stilled enjoyed some very tasty meals when I felt I needed one, and very well fueled in the gym.

how did you keep lean? dieting? more cardio? i cant get down to 8 percent and my diet is pretty clean.

I personally think unless your an ectomorph or are naturally lean its not healthy to stay at that low of a bodyfat year round.

WHAT?? Im like 7 to 12 naturally. U drink water*(H2O) wit ice and nothing else other than water and protien powder and u loss 5 pounds right there in a months time. Then u dont ever eat FAST GREAAAASE EVER, DONT CARE WHA HAPPENS U DONt EAT THAT SHIT OR ANY SHIt. Eat tuna, NY strip steak, and chicken with rice or go source of GOOD CARB.z ull be goldenly dry lookin. And u cant like even think u can sneak in bags of potato chips and crap, u only eat 3 meals a day with snacks like naturetruevalley gronolla bars and ull drop the extra flap of course if u dont sit on ur azz watchin TV.DOG

O yeah im like 4%ing it year ROUND BRO. So u got no worries and im doin that wit no metabolizum speederupperz, like clen or some crap. I am going to take some G too but thats not now nor hasnt been for about a year or 1.5years ago. Inshort what REALLY goes in does and doesnt have supporting elements ur body needs and doesnt need for Optinum Nutrition/PERFORMANCE visually and physically, does support ur end results/ physical abilities of ur BODY(the ting ur supplying nutrients by feeding so tink twice about the quality)
you got any pics? getting to 4% let alone maintaining it year round is no easy task, im impressed! if you have the time could you post some pics?

you got any pics? getting to 4% let alone maintaining it year round is no easy task, im impressed! if you have the time could you post some pics?
Since that was his first post I doubt he will be posting any pics. If he is for real I would like to see some pics as well.

i do not think he is for real. no way does he year round unless he is 110

Nobody stays 4% year round, that is nonsence, think about it.

And staying lean 8% year round defenatly gets easier the more muscle you have. You can eat more, eat som junk and still get away with because your metabolism stays high as long as those muscle needs energy. And btw as on a diet, in the offseason it's the total calorie count of the day that matters. I can drop bodyweigth and look harder on daily intake consisting of 3x1500 kcal mcdonalds meals in the offseason, ofcourse not very healthy though. When you know you can do stuff like that you can stay lean without feeling that you are on a diet, very plesant actually.

And btw, the more carbs, mostly fast/moderate you eat the higher your metabolism will get, keep the fat down and get 50-60g protein to each meal, and you can eat tons of food without adding fat. I guess my maintance is around 3500-4000 now, still im eating on a guess 400g prot and 6-700g carb and about 50-100g fat (I'm 240lbs btw) and that makes me gain very slowly allthouh Im more and endo than meso. The carb will help you flush the protein into your musclecells with all the insulin beeing present, and that is basically why you have to control the fat also. By eating these amounts your metabolism will sky rocket also and to be honest it lets me eat crap the whole weekend and come back and look harder and better than rest of the week. Basically thats because when you go over to eating crap, it becomes more fat, less carb and more sodium in your food. Glyc stores will get somewhat depleted (add some spirits on top of that on Saturday and you get more depleted), then with the hangover on Sunday you don't have much of a hunger and get even more depleted. Now on Monday you eat 6-700g carbs again - do you think you'll get a pump on Monday's afternon workout after this? - ow yh you do. Ppl will comeover and say you look more jacked than ever lol, and you will have a good laugh for yourself when they ask if you only eat tuna/ckicken and brown rice to look so lean and veiny...trust me. Ofcourse not saying this is the most healthy way of living, but it let's you live what many people could consider "average" nutrition wise. There is obvious other more healthy ways to get the same effect.

And btw it has been proven over and over that high carb diets builds more muscle and also works better in dieting for that matter. What is the reason for staying depleted for 12 weeks dieting and getting shit weak at the weigths when you could eat 3-400g carb, have a pump, look good, and loose weigth?

And when I'm at it, if you gain slowly on 6-700g carb in the off season, and you're about to diet down for a contest; Do you guess you will need to starv yourself and eat 1500kcals a day to get in shape? No you don't, you will get almost in ready shape by eating around 3k-3,5k kcals.

just my 2cents:) guess not everyone in here will agree with me, but I'm talking out of experience and it's all very logical.

how did you keep lean? dieting? more cardio? i cant get down to 8 percent and my diet is pretty clean.

I kept my training frequent, but low volume, stimulated the muscle, but was able to train it again more frequently by dropping my total sets down...I didn't beat my muscles down with endless amounts of pump sets. Finish most my workouts with 20-30 minutes of light/moderate cardio, usually sat on the bike. People always asked me, "Are you done already," well hell yeah, quality over quantity...oh and I am hungry, need to get out of here;):D

My offseason diet consisted of moderate protein, moderate carbs, and higher fat. I pretty much tossed oats and natty peanut with skim milk/2 scoops of protein in all my shakes (3-4 per day). even would toss some LBA's in there. In between those would be roasted chicken/lean beef with either white rice or broccoli, usually kept my rice before my training (2 hours or so) and tapered the day with veggies. Oh, one more thing I would always have some Supreme Protein Bars hanging around in case I needed to pop a nice, tasty protein treat. Every third day I would have "cheat meal" post workout, it was pretty much whatever I chose...usually only 2 cheat meals per week in the offseason. I stayed pretty lean and gain about 20-24lbs this year!

However, I will be eating even more quality calories come next offseason...gotta find a way to eat more and more quality calories because I know point A to point B, will take a increase somewhere! For now, gotta get this prepping done and so far it has felt great...Alex A has really driven me down a great path and still pretty time to get freakier!!!!

Most of all, you must get there first, then the next time around it will be easy or as I say more recognizable by the muscles and your body!

Last edited:
I'm certain I could maintain a comfortable 12%. I haven't actually made it into the single digits yet. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks.

I know guys who do it, even naturally, but they make big diet sacrifices. I always SAY I want to be low bf year around, but I just get hungry for burgers, fries and other things one should never eat if one wants to be lean.

He don't even take no metabolizum speederupperz! LOL

^ this.

most guys on here prolly have no real idea of their bf levels.

even 6% is very very lean. i don't doubt most who say they walk around at 6% are prolly closer to 8 or more.

4%

LOL.

BFU

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members