over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin Year Round

VakarianSK

Registered
Newbies
Hey Professional Muscle!

This is my first actual post here, long time lurker first time poster.

Anyways I wanted to get others opinions on a year round insulin use and if it is a good idea and safe (within reason as nothing we do is "safe"). For example my insulin routine for the past 6-8 weeks or so has been 1-2IU Novolin R pre fasted cardio (steady state). Come back eat my pre workout meal consisting of 80 grams of oats and 30 grams of whey along with 5IU Novolin R. Then I train 30 mins later with 25 grams of intra carbs and my post workout meal within 30 mins of finishing my workout consists of 50 grams of carbs from rice along with 25-35 grams of protein from whatever meat source I choose.

I noticed that my fasting blood glucose before starting this was always 90-100 and not it seems to usually stays between 100-110. I also measure it throughout the day and it is usually lower during the day than it is in the morning. I do not think I have ever seen it over 110 no matter what time I check. My blood work that I got done and relates I think were performed two weeks into this experiment and are as follows.
HBA1C - 5.0 ref 4.8-5.6
Insulin - 4.2 ref 2.6-24.9
Ferritin 33 ref 30-400

Is the insulin causing my fasting blood glucose to rise? Is it a problem if my HBA1C does not get too high if I get it checked again? Does fasting blood glucose really matter as compared to glucose throughout the day? And most importantly can your run pre workout insulun all year round?

I would love to here others input into the above. Thanks everyone!

Why take insulin pre fasted cardio
Something I wanted to experiment with and ended up liking. Theory goes that you drop blood glucose using small amounts of insulin (similar to doing some kind of light activity before fasted cardio) so that when you actually start your cardio your doing it in an already depleted state forcing your body to tap into stored energy instead of the glucose flowing through your blood. I believe Vigorous Steve also has a similar routine laid out in his insulin book if I remember right.

I think Dr Scott Stevenson touched on this in a you tube video i saw (i think itvwqs Dr Stevenson) and explained the actions behind how taking insulin before fasted cardio works and the ideas behind it.
I wasn't able to follow it directly but if memory serves driving your BG low with exogenous insulin did not have the effect on lipolosis that driving it down with some muscle work like abs first did.
@homonunculus , I'm i incorrect with thinking it was an interview with you?

But on the original topic i think you might be better severed with taking HGH pre fasted cardio for its fat burning effect , Then taking insulin with your training while the HGH is still active thus taking advantage of the possible anabolic effects.

In the grand scheme of things i think these very extremely minute gimics offer little more than a placebo effect.

I think Dr Scott Stevenson touched on this in a you tube video i saw (i think itvwqs Dr Stevenson) and explained the actions behind how taking insulin before fasted cardio works and the ideas behind it.
I wasn't able to follow it directly but if memory serves driving your BG low with exogenous insulin did not have the effect on lipolosis that driving it down with some muscle work like abs first did.
@homonunculus , I'm i incorrect with thinking it was an interview with you?

But on the original topic i think you might be better severed with taking HGH pre fasted cardio for its fat burning effect , Then taking insulin with your training while the HGH is still active thus taking advantage of the possible anabolic effects.

In the grand scheme of things i think these very extremely minute gimics offer little more than a placebo effect.
Yeah I do take a replacement dose of 2IU along with the first insulin dose. Do you think this would be safe year round though? The insulin I mean. Because the HGH is something I run year round regardless.

Yeah I do take a replacement dose of 2IU along with the first insulin dose. Do you think this would be safe year round though? The insulin I mean. Because the HGH is something I run year round regardless.
Yea id say its definitely a safer option than alot of other thing like adding Clen or other stimulants , having a little lower blood sugar is definitely better than having it higher

If you are definitely gonna keep that up then i really like to see what kind of increase in far loss you would feel/see by adding some injectable L-Carnitine with it Since you have a baseline established

Basically, it is really super simple. Inject the damn gear, train with effort, eat a good diet, pay attention to recovery. Stick to it for years. Super small details like this make no noticable difference in the long term. They only potentially can make your workouts suck.

Keep it simple, Bodybuilding is not rocket science.

Yea id say its definitely a safer option than alot of other thing like adding Clen or other stimulants , having a little lower blood sugar is definitely better than having it higher

If you are definitely gonna keep that up then i really like to see what kind of increase in far loss you would feel/see by adding some injectable L-Carnitine with it Since you have a baseline established
Funny enough that's also part of my routine. 500mg injected pre fasted cardio and then another 50/mg injected pre workout. Thanks for the input by the way!

Basically, it is really super simple. Inject the damn gear, train with effort, eat a good diet, pay attention to recovery. Stick to it for years. Super small details like this make no noticable difference in the long term. They only potentially can make your workouts suck.

Keep it simple, Bodybuilding is not rocket science.
Oh yeah I fully agree with you and @Gunsmith I only do this because I just like the way I feel and look with the insulin. But I just wanted to make sure it would not cause long term damage and lead to a diabetic diagnosis in the future if I only did insulin pre workout without ever taking a break?

I've been nearly using it year round, really just preworkout dose though.

I have been taking insulin continuously at least twice a day for about 9 years - my insulin sensitivity is great and this is mainly because I use insulin correctly.
Luki! This may sound weird but I have been reading and following a lot of your posts for a while now. Your an expert and some what of a celebrity here lol. I would love to hear your protocol if you have time to share.

Also do you think I would be fine doing my 2IU fasted cardio insulin and 5IU pre workout insulin year round? (Along with always getting bloods done of course just in case)

Luki! This may sound weird but I have been reading and following a lot of your posts for a while now. Your an expert and some what of a celebrity here lol. I would love to hear your protocol if you have time to share.

Also do you think I would be fine doing my 2IU fasted cardio insulin and 5IU pre workout insulin year round? (Along with always getting bloods done of course just in case)
I will not present my protocol because it varies depending on the needs, but for clients I like to use a short dose of insulin with a pre-workout meal about 60-80 minutes before training and another dose after training with a meal.

I don't know why you want to take insulin before cardio - it doesn't make sense to me

I will not present my protocol because it varies depending on the needs, but for clients I like to use a short dose of insulin with a pre-workout meal about 60-80 minutes before training and another dose after training with a meal.

I don't know why you want to take insulin before cardio - it doesn't make sense to me
Awesome thanks for your input. I only do the insulin pre fasted cardio because I like to drop my glucose to low levels forcing my body to tap into stored energy instead of using the glucose flowing in my blood stream, mostly something that I started experimenting with and ended up really liking.

Any negatives or anything like insulin resistance? Also what dose do you use and how often do you train?
Right now I'm "dieting" or at least maintaining, so I've only been doing 5-7 iu's. I haven't had any noticeable issues with Insulin resistance (caveat however I will run DNP once every 4 months or so so that should forcibly reset that). When I'm not dieting I've gotten the dose up to 15-20 iu's.
I train 3 on 1 off.

I train a little too late to do the 2nd dose I think. I did that for awhile and was having issues crashing near bed sometimes.

Right now I'm "dieting" or at least maintaining, so I've only been doing 5-7 iu's. I haven't had any noticeable issues with Insulin resistance (caveat however I will run DNP once every 4 months or so so that should forcibly reset that). When I'm not dieting I've gotten the dose up to 15-20 iu's.
I train 3 on 1 off.
Thanks for sharing that. Reading this and others thoughts it seems to me that running fast acting insulin year round pre workout doesn't seem to be to big of an issue, anecdotally at least.

Awesome thanks for your input. I only do the insulin pre fasted cardio because I like to drop my glucose to low levels forcing my body to tap into stored energy instead of using the glucose flowing in my blood stream, mostly something that I started experimenting with and ended up really liking.
It doesn't make sense to me

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity