over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kidney function tests

lgnorant

Registered
Newbies
Hi All,

Around mid 2022 i had routine bloods - everything was fine - all within range

I started a mild blast in october and got bloods in Nov (blast being 200mg test 300mg primo) - i also ramped up my training and diet quite a bit, usually 6 days a week with 10k+ steps a day

everything on my BW was fine however my kidneys noted;

1.29 Creatinine
BUN of 22.7
AST and ALT slightly raised (43 and 47 i believe) - not much of a concern

I got urine sample done and showed no protein in my urine also kidney ultrasound showed no issues and kidneys of normal size with no abnormalities

My question is, are the numbers above worrying? Also i plan to follow up bloods in the next week, ive taken this week off training and lowered protein to <200g a day - how many days off training would be sufficient to reflect an accurate creatinine level?

My blood pressure is fine as it sits between 105-110/60-70 with RHR around 60 and am only on 150mg test now

Thank you all

Has your creatinine been relatively stable over time?

Creatinine is a bit high and protein is concerning but if the ultrasound was good...what was the doctor opinion? I'd say maybe retest the bloods or urine . Or like someone said could do a 24 hour urine collection to get GFR. Warning when I did I pissed more than that jug could handle so may want to ask doctor for two so it's accurate.

BTW, no albumin in urine is already a big relief.

I would be more concerned about your GFR and especially the creatinine/albumin ratio that determines if there’s any protein leaking from your urine.

Creatinine is a bit high and protein is concerning but if the ultrasound was good...what was the doctor opinion? I'd say maybe retest the bloods or urine . Or like someone said could do a 24 hour urine collection to get GFR. Warning when I did I pissed more than that jug could handle so may want to ask doctor for two so it's accurate.

There was no protein in my urine

Im thinking the primo was causing my BUN to be raised due to the strong nitrogen retention properties?

I would be more concerned about your GFR and especially the creatinine/albumin ratio that determines if there’s any protein leaking from your urine.

my Creatinine/Albumin ratio is 21

Albumin was bang in the middle - apparently <30 ratio is fine

We’re
Hi All,

Around mid 2022 i had routine bloods - everything was fine - all within range

I started a mild blast in october and got bloods in Nov (blast being 200mg test 300mg primo) - i also ramped up my training and diet quite a bit, usually 6 days a week with 10k+ steps a day

everything on my BW was fine however my kidneys noted;

1.29 Creatinine
BUN of 22.7
AST and ALT slightly raised (43 and 47 i believe) - not much of a concern

I got urine sample done and showed no protein in my urine also kidney ultrasound showed no issues and kidneys of normal size with no abnormalities

My question is, are the numbers above worrying? Also i plan to follow up bloods in the next week, ive taken this week off training and lowered protein to <200g a day - how many days off training would be sufficient to reflect an accurate creatinine level?

My blood pressure is fine as it sits between 105-110/60-70 with RHR around 60 and am only on 150mg test now

Thank you all

Assuming you have no reason to fret this (uncontrolled pre or diabetes, CVD issues, uncontrolled HTN, previously diagnosed or familial kidney disease, medications, obesity, established nephrotoxic gear like Tren, rec and illicit drugs, etc)…..

Much of your concerns related to lab values can be properly re-addressed by just being properly / well-hydrated.

Note. If this was a fasted collection, even a water-only (no sodium) state, can cause issues with false readings.

If not fasted, keep in mind that diuretics (coffee, tea, stims) also skew results.

Just a heads up.

Also. Don’t wig as these numbers tend to fluctuate within a moderately wide range anyway.

The only bad news in all of this is the only way to be sure is to suffer through an annoying retest.

^ PS. One thing that’s rarely discussed is that while it is widely accepted and known around these communities that exercising within a proximity to your lab tests will likely increase hepatic enzymes AST and ALT; it can also impart mild kidney value aberrations (falsely) as well, most notably plasma creatinine which is used in other calculations (not just eGFR).

^ PS. One thing that’s rarely discussed is that while it is widely accepted and known around these communities that exercising within a proximity to your lab tests will likely increase hepatic enzymes AST and ALT; it can also impart mild kidney value aberrations (falsely) as well, most notably plasma creatinine which is used in other calculations (not just eGFR).

How many days to abstain from weight lifting to have a more accurate creatinine indication?

I was told to take a week off from working out because that can also raise your numbers.
Any truth to this?

I was told to take a week off from working out because that can also raise your numbers.
Any truth to this?
yes.
I assume this is also the case for OP.
creatinine will not be thrown of completely by training a day prior but it will be influenced.
ALT/AST/Creatinine kinase and blood/protein and urine WILL be massively influenced by training hard prior to Bloodwork.

yes.
I assume this is also the case for OP.
creatinine will not be thrown of completely by training a day prior but it will be influenced.
ALT/AST/Creatinine kinase and blood/protein and urine WILL be massively influenced by training hard prior to Bloodwork.
I've been told we should never have protein spilling in urine though. Training day, day after training, urine should not have protein. This was by a doctor who are regularly pumping people full of meds that damage kidneys so take it with a grain of salt lol

I've been told we should never have protein spilling in urine though. Training day, day after training, urine should not have protein. This was by a doctor who are regularly pumping people full of meds that damage kidneys so take it with a grain of salt lol
there are some studies out there done on marathon runners regarding blood and protein in urine.
almost All had microalbuminuria and microhaematuria..
i can check if i find them

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner