over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Knee Pain from Quad Injection

Bullfrog17

Registered
I pinned in my quad 2 days ago and my leg was sore yesterday and it was hard to walk but today my knee is swollen and it's very tough to walk or bend my knee. Has anyone had experience with this and what can I do next time to avoid this issue? It's keeping me from doing cardio and I won't be able to do legs either if the pain persists. Thanks for the help

Happened to me before. It also happens with my delt if I shoot too much oil, the muscle gets inflamed then the inflammation moves down into the joint. In my delt it moves under my delt at my upper bicep, kind of in between. Hurts like a bitch.

To avoid, pin right in the "heart" of the muscle and make sure to go deep and not too much oil in one spot.

How much did you pin and what type of pin did you use?

been there. it really sucks.

goes away with time, not sure why it happened in the first place. my knee swelled up like a grapefruit.

What part of the quad are you injecting in? I was having the same problem and I changed locations to the vastus lateralis (outside area of the quad) and I have not had the problem anymore. When I was going more in the top/middle of my quad I was always in pain. Also, I try to massage my quad for about two minutes after injecting.

Last edited:
Happened to me before. It also happens with my delt if I shoot too much oil, the muscle gets inflamed then the inflammation moves down into the joint. In my delt it moves under my delt at my upper bicep, kind of in between. Hurts like a bitch.

To avoid, pin right in the "heart" of the muscle and make sure to go deep and not too much oil in one spot.

How much did you pin and what type of pin did you use?

23ga 1.5" nipro and i pinned 2ml of oil.

What part of the quad are you injecting in? I was having the same problem and I changed locations to the vastus lateralis (outside area of the quad) and I have not had the problem anymore. When I was going more in the top/middle of my quad I was always in pain. Also, I try to massage my quad for about two minutes after injecting.

I'm pinning in the outside of the quad about midway up. I have been pinning less oil before this with no issue but I may have pinned a different muscle this time.

I may just switch back to the glutes but with 4 pins per week i assumed pinning the same area 2x a week to not be a great idea. Any input on this?

The only bad experience I've had was my tricep and that hurt like a bitch, was hot as hell and a tad bit swollen. Everyone is different. I drop 2.5ccs at most in either my quad, delts or ass. Been thinking about biceps spot injection, but just can't seem to stop thinking of my tricep experience.

I always use 25g 1" although back in the day I would use 23g 1.5".

**I wouldn't worry to much about your knee I've heard that same story a ton of times over the years. Just keep a close eye on it brother.

Last edited:
The only bad experience I've had was my tricep and that hurt like a bitch, was hot as hell and a tad bit swollen. Everyone is different. I drop 2.5ccs at most in either my quad, delts or ass. Been thinking about biceps spot injection, but just can't seem to stop thinking of my tricep experience.

I always use 25g 1" although back in the day I would use 23g 1.5".

Ive had one other bad experience but it was in my glute. It went away quickly and was one of my first pins ever. I havent had any issues w my quads prior to this. Im thinking of switching back to just glutes. Do u think there is any issue with doing 2 glute injections in each side per week?

Don't just do glutes or quads, do them both. Split that pin between the glute and the quad. Then the next time the other glute and quad. A week later when it comes time again both would be healed up.

Don't exclusively try to pin a single muscle. Even when it doesn't feel sore or tender, oil can still be in there. I made the mistake of always pinning my delts, next thing you know I had scar tissue and a sterile abscess and had to stop pinning delts for a while.

Rotate as many sites as possible.

I now do multiple sites, small amounts of oil in each 0.5-1.5ml. Everything feels much better.

My rotation is glutes, quads, lats, tris, bis, delts.

Ive had one other bad experience but it was in my glute. It went away quickly and was one of my first pins ever. I havent had any issues w my quads prior to this. Im thinking of switching back to just glutes. Do u think there is any issue with doing 2 glute injections in each side per week?

Rambo said best. The only thing I would add is that I generally never have an issue with 2.5ccs in any given area, but to play it safe I know most will go with 1.5 as Rambo also said. I pin EOD so for me my rotation would be something like this:

Monday: Right Delt
Wednesday: Right Quad
Thursday: Right Glute
Saturday Left Delt
Monday Left Quad
Wednesday Left Glute
Friday back to Right Delt

....and I never have any issues with scar tissue, but if I did I would add lats to the rotation. Finally, I prep each area VERY good with alcohol pad.

**IMPORTANT** Are you aspirating??

I always prep w alcohol pad too. I have 4 injections a week that equal about 2.5cc per injection. so should i split each injection into 2 pins? like instead of doing 1 muscle with all 2.5 do 2 different area with 1.25? thanks for all the help guys.

Ive never pinned anything other than glutes and quads.

I always prep w alcohol pad too. I have 4 injections a week that equal about 2.5cc per injection. so should i split each injection into 2 pins? like instead of doing 1 muscle with all 2.5 do 2 different area with 1.25? thanks for all the help guys.

First things first are you aspirating? If not you should start ASAP! To answer your question yes do 1.25 in one area and 1.25 in another. Treat it like it's two different days if you get my drift and that means two different syringes and needles too bro!

Yes split it up till the muscle is able to handle more oil. If it is swelling from 2.5cc that means its too much.

I don't prep with alcohol pads to be honest but I usually pin after a shower. I do hit the area with an alcohol pad immediately after administration and slowly massage it for 10-30 sec depending on how it feels.

Also, heat the oil up a bit. Run it under hot water, or stick the vials in a bowl of hot water (I usually microwave the bowl of water for 2-3 mins). Helps the oil move more smoothly.

I don't aspirate. I used to at first and all it did was cause me pip, most likely because I was doing it too hard. I'm not a careful patient guy, I'm pretty rough. Aspiration is an old method, they don't even use it in the medical field anymore.

Just take it slow with each pin, the slower you go in the less likely you are to irritate anything. Also, get comfortable and make sure the muscle is relaxed. I used to pin in awkward positions and screw myself up so bad.

I'm not trying to treat you like a newb or anything brother. I'm just in the process of correcting my own pinning methods. LK3 was helping me out quite a bit last week. Take a look at the Veteran Supplies sponsor thread, he even took pics of better locations to pin.

It takes time to learn how to properly do them on yourself and find the "sweet" spots.

First things first are you aspirating? If not you should start ASAP! To answer your question yes do 1.25 in one area and 1.25 in another. Treat it like it's two different days if you get my drift and that means two different syringes and needles too bro!

u mean pulling back before i inject correct? i do that before i pin. also i will switch to splitting the injections between 2 area each time i inject. thanks again.

geez, whats with the split the injection advice here :rolleyes:
its a quad
quads can EASILY take 3ml or more
ventroglutes and glutes too...
even delts can take 3ml unless youre tiny really.

2 possible reasons for your issues imo:

either your gear is too high in concentration so that the oil gets absorbed too quickly and leaves crystallized gear in the muscle
OR
there is too much solvent in there

ive had these issues before with high concentrated gear... sometimes even with just a single 1ml shot of test 400

when i started using much lower concentrated gear i had no issues ever. can easily pin 3.3ml (or whatever fits in an overfilled 3ml syringe) into any spot without any pip ever (quads, ventros, glutes, delts)...

Quads are just an area that I cant inject. I don't care what it is
I usually get some kind of discomfort. Too many nerves,,too many veins,,,I don't know,,,but I gave them up.

I was the same way, till I started using 27ga, 0.5" pins. I can put 1ml of oil up the side of the quad in 3 spots with no irritation at all now.

I had given up as well.

u mean pulling back before i inject correct? i do that before i pin. also i will switch to splitting the injections between 2 area each time i inject. thanks again.

No problem brother. Everyone is different and as mentioned by another member sometimes gear can play factor in what would seem like a routine pin gone bad.

Don't just do glutes or quads, do them both. Split that pin between the glute and the quad. Then the next time the other glute and quad. A week later when it comes time again both would be healed up.

Don't exclusively try to pin a single muscle. Even when it doesn't feel sore or tender, oil can still be in there. I made the mistake of always pinning my delts, next thing you know I had scar tissue and a sterile abscess and had to stop pinning delts for a while.

Rotate as many sites as possible.

I now do multiple sites, small amounts of oil in each 0.5-1.5ml. Everything feels much better.

My rotation is glutes, quads, lats, tris, bis, delts.

...this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member