over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

knee problem outta nowhere

E

edge250

possibly torn piece of cartilage floating in my knee. anyone have this?? how long to recover?? i have no idea how this happened, stood up last night and all the sudden my knee hurt. if xrays dont show anything i have to go for an mri, doctor was kinda puzzled. nurse was impressed with my thigh:p

Man, it sucks...you just started rolling again!

I know what it feels like. :mad: Let us know what transpires, Edge.

edge250 said:
possibly torn piece of cartilage floating in my knee. anyone have this?? how long to recover?? i have no idea how this happened, stood up last night and all the sudden my knee hurt. if xrays dont show anything i have to go for an mri, doctor was kinda puzzled. nurse was impressed with my thigh:p

Honestly if it is a piece of torn cartilage it'd be best to have surgery. It may dissipate on its own (the pain) but the floating cartilage will always be there.

When I get home I'll look to see what I have on file.

I told you to just rub some dirt on it you PUSS.

if it requires surgery i'm done, aint no coming back. it was hard enough coming back from a pec tear. maybe better take some pics this week.:(

JETHRO TULL said:
I know what it feels like. :mad: Let us know what transpires, Edge.

yup i was really making some changes and the fat was coming off as i started dieting last month. down to 242 from 253 and very motivated, very strong, now this. if i was going to hurt my knee i would have atleast chosen to do it in a blaze of glory with several hundred pounds on my back, not standing up from a chair.

do you know how many guys would love to have this injury, they would finally have an excuse to never train legs

Jarconis said:
do you know how many guys would love to have this injury, they would finally have an excuse to never train legs

i'm the guy...........that makes fun of those guys, i couldnt accept being one of them.

on a happy note there putting a brand new engine in my RX-8.:)

Chalk it up to having a bad day...within no time you'll be feeling good as new.

If the MRI and X-Ray show nothing, the problem is probably an extremly tight IT band pulling the knee off track. This can cause rapid swelling.

Plug IT band stretch into Google for info on how to treat this.

Ya know, I had something similar happen to my elbow. I reached out to put something in my trunk and it just hurt and kept hurting and even kind of locked up on me. The doc said he thought is was a free floating pice of cartilage in there or maybe even a bone chip, but X-rays AND mri's showed NOTHING. I just got a cortisone shot int he joint and I was fine in two days. Hopefully it's nothing.

HELLA SWOLE said:
Ya know, I had something similar happen to my elbow. I reached out to put something in my trunk and it just hurt and kept hurting and even kind of locked up on me. The doc said he thought is was a free floating pice of cartilage in there or maybe even a bone chip, but X-rays AND mri's showed NOTHING. I just got a cortisone shot int he joint and I was fine in two days. Hopefully it's nothing.

god that would be great. i couldnt imagine a shot in the knee, but at this point that would be awesome, give me 2. its just frustrating like i told mainevent you train with great form, warmup's, etc and then something stupid like this thats unexplainable. i keep thinking i will wake up tomorrow and the pain will be gone. ofcourse after the liver scare you went thru i feel like a dumbass for complaining.

would using adequan help a joint problem this severe?

edge250 said:

I like impressing medical staff on my visits as well;)

edge250 said:
Are you sure it's your KNEE? and not supporting ligaments/tendons? Where is the pain exactly.

Best of luck edge!

Btw: do you use wraps when training quads ?
Art atwood spoke about it in the latest md and I have to say the last (and only time) I used wraps I hurt both of my knees and they still hurt today, though luckily nothing major.

I suspect these wraps are knee-killers since any thing you do without them leaves them fragile

How many times has one of us fucked up his lower back because he lifted 30 lbs doing the household WITHOUT his precious weightlifting belt on ?

i use very cheap, thin wraps anytime i go over 405. i also dont wrap very tight, just alittle support

edge250 said:
god that would be great. i couldnt imagine a shot in the knee, but at this point that would be awesome, give me 2. its just frustrating like i told mainevent you train with great form, warmup's, etc and then something stupid like this thats unexplainable. i keep thinking i will wake up tomorrow and the pain will be gone. ofcourse after the liver scare you went thru i feel like a dumbass for complaining.

Yea, I know bro, when you can't really understand/explain why something unfortunate happens to you it really sucks. I can totally relate to your statement about almost wishing you had been doing a heavy set and hurt it instead of doing it just by getting up. I am the same in that I would probably feel better had I been taking TONS of gear and had my situation happen to me instead of having it happen from the little bit I was on. Anyways, no, don't feel bad, I would be worried too, it's only natural. I hope this is your problem as well, try not to beat yourself up worrying about it though until you find out....you can't change anything anyways. You'll be aight. BTW, the shot in the joint was not bad at all, like I expected it to be. THey put a topical numbing solution on the skin first and I could hardly even feel the needle. Makes you sore as a BITCH for the first 24 hrs or so though.

Moen said:
Best of luck edge!

Btw: do you use wraps when training quads ?
Art atwood spoke about it in the latest md and I have to say the last (and only time) I used wraps I hurt both of my knees and they still hurt today, though luckily nothing major.

I suspect these wraps are knee-killers since any thing you do without them leaves them fragile

How many times has one of us fucked up his lower back because he lifted 30 lbs doing the household WITHOUT his precious weightlifting belt on ?

This made my wife laugh, I had to have knee surgery while in the Corps, I tore the cartilage while doing dishes...damn wet floor and me turning around to answer the phone. She always gives me a hard time about making it through all the training and live fire exercises only to get sidelined doing dishes.

I played football for many years. Many many knee injuries over the years. Guess how I overcome all of them even when the doctors recomend an urgent surgery? Very simple , rest. I found out that the knee has the power to regenerate. Especially the ligaments.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws