over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Last week prep without using diuretics

chris250

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Im looking into some last week prep idea's...Im curious as to who on here, dont use any diuretics (or just OTC diuretics) to come in super dry and full...

I know with me everytime I have used diuretics I come in slightly or very flat...This normally hurts me, cause I dont have those super round muscle bellies like some of the guys on here or in the pro's (Flex, Health, Dillet, ect) Actully I know hardly anyone looks like those guys...LOL !!! But, with me I know if im not pretty full, I dont look very good and it hurts me in the end...So im thinking about ways to lose enough water under my skin, but not lose any fullness...

What are some thoughts on this...

On the pic I posted I was in very good conditioning, but was very flat...I used diuretics and carbed up..But I still coundnt seem to hit it right...

chris250

Attachments

• IRON MAN.jpg
    IRON MAN.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 645
just curious. when do you cut your water, and do you take in any water when you pump? i have a friend who does well with taraxatone.

I will not be using any at all. Not cutting water either. If you keep drinking water you will shut ADH off so you should keep pushing water out. As long as you don't stop drinking too soon you will keep going once you do stop and be dry. Manipulate sodium a bit if you need to but don't go crazy there either or filling out will be tough. I'm lucky as I've stayed pretty dry this whole prep and I'm using a TON of sodium. I get about a gallon of water a day. Ever notice how alot of Pros are full and grainy dry 2 Think about it they are still drinking a ton and I'm sure sodium is still in their diets at that point as well. Why do something drastically different if you can look that good 2 weeks out.

I will not be using any at all. Not cutting water either. If you keep drinking water you will shut ADH off so you should keep pushing water out. As long as you don't stop drinking too soon you will keep going once you do stop and be dry. Manipulate sodium a bit if you need to but don't go crazy there either or filling out will be tough. I'm lucky as I've stayed pretty dry this whole prep and I'm using a TON of sodium. I get about a gallon of water a day. Ever notice how alot of Pros are full and grainy dry 2 Think about it they are still drinking a ton and I'm sure sodium is still in their diets at that point as well. Why do something drastically different if you can look that good 2 weeks out.

very interesting approach which makes alot of sense.

If you are in great shape/conditioning before that last week you should not use them. I had used them in all my comp's previously and always came in flat.

This year i didn't use them at all and was able to carb up........feel the carb up......cut water friday afternoon evening and wake up dry, crisp and full Saturday. Best ive ever looked IMO.

Here is IMO the difference between using and not using, granted your in shape.

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 675
Without using them. Different lighting but i think you can see the difference in fullness. Mainly i notice in my chest and back...i flatten out BAD.

LOL, maybe you cant.

Attachments

• DSCF0473.JPG
    DSCF0473.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:

Bingo.

Buff D- Thank you for your info...that makes sense...I will give it a go, im tired of coming in flat...I always good great a week out, so if I do this time (which I should, I hope !!! LOL !!!) I shouldnt have to do anything crazy...

thanks guys

chris

Mainevent- you looked much harder and fuller without them...Im going to use the same approach as you and Buff D...

chris

Chris,

I'd add that doing a practice run can be very helpful, too. Nice thing is, you could practice this literally weekly and not have to worry about rebounding and re-establishing water homeostasis b/c you're not taking pharm. diuretics.

-S

Here is my point of view, 1.found the soursce that makes you reatain water,

2. eliminate the soursces 10 days before the show(posible sources: AAS, HGH, stress=cortisol)

3. no carb depletion

I don't use diuretics, either, for any of my clients unless they have done something that is not in the plan and I have to clean up a mess.

Skip

skip,

So basically you could skip(or shit) load without diuretics ??? Do you ever worry about one of you clients eating something that might make them hold water...??? But im sure you go over what they can and cant eat ...

Just curious

chris

PS- im glad to see your around this board

Ok guys,

Here is one more question for ya ??? Im sure it has happened, but I want to hear it myself, so I can tell myselt it is ok to do...LOL !!!

Have any of you guys just look freakin great a week out, and just ran your normal diet, and water intake right up to the show...I mean not change a thing at all...Nothing at all ??? Water, carb intake ,ect,ect ???

thanks

chris

Ok guys,

Here is one more question for ya ??? Im sure it has happened, but I want to hear it myself, so I can tell myselt it is ok to do...LOL !!!

Have any of you guys just look freakin great a week out, and just ran your normal diet, and water intake right up to the show...I mean not change a thing at all...Nothing at all ??? Water, carb intake ,ect,ect ???

thanks

chris

Yes.

thank you Emeric !!!

What show(s) did you do that at ??? Got any pics ???

Just curious to see how you looked

chris

Ok guys,

thanks

chris

Yep that's what I'm doing for my qualifying show this sat. Chances are I will do the same for the USA's. Maybe I'll eat a couple of big meals the morning of prejudging since my prejudging will be at night.

thank you Emeric !!!

What show(s) did you do that at ??? Got any pics ???

Just curious to see how you looked

chris

2001 San Francisco Pro.

Attachments

• em4a.JPG
    em4a.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 840
  • em6a.jpeg
    em6a.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 530
Emeric,

Why do you say no carb depletion? Because it will be hard to reload without getting watery?

During the depletion phase , muscle glycogen levels fall from 150 mmol/kg to 25 mmol/kg. During the super-comensation phase, glycogen levels typically rise to 225 mmol/kg, giving 50% more muscle glycogen than normal and in some times you can achieve more than double the normal levels.
The chanses to get it wright is very small, that becouse during loading every gram of glycogen will retain 2.7g of water. Carb loading it just to complicated. I would recomend carb loding for other sports such: power lifting, wresling,runing etc.. but not for bb.

Done well it is effective, the problem is dipends on to many factors.
Depletion has to be sufficient to stimulate the activity of the glycogen storage enzyme (glycogen synthase). Without that, the excess carbs will make you hold more water. Another problem is that glycogen depletion, and loding, occurs only in the muscles exercised. Clever studies have shown that if you exercise one leg to exhaustion, for example, than sit aruond and eat carbs for tree days, the glycogen content of that leg will increase two-fold above its pre-exercise level. But the glycogen content of the other leg will remain unchanged. Another factor AAS and HGH.

The next problem is the loding itself, you have to maintain a stedy flow of insulin with as little fluctiation as posisible in the blood levels of insulin. To do this , carbohydrate intake must be as even as possible. Delaying the start of carb loading after the finish of depleting exercise reduces the loading response. So does the type of carbohydrate.
You mast know exactely how much carb you should eat after first hour of deplition, and how much every 1-2 hours in the first 24 hours. Also dipend how big you are. Is just to complicated for bb, it is OK for a marathon runner.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131