over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lat injury

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have an injury that has slowly creeped up on me and got worse. it feels like a Lat strain or tear below the shoulder blade. I started feeling it only when doing chins, but now Im starting to feel it on any vertical pulls, and even horizontal pulls. I orgiginally thought it may be rotator cuff being neglected and an imbalance, so I hit the rotator cuff physical therapy stuff hard for 2 weeks and it didn't help.

It feels more below the shoulder blade, im assuming that is in the lat belly? No shoulder pain but more in my back. Anyone ever had this before? It only aches when doing back.

ITs possible based on location, but I do feel like it extends lower into my back and actual lat. Which his a good thing I guess because a lat injury I guess is less of a big deal then a rotator cuff injury which could tear or longer longer. Always felt like muscle belly injuries were not as bad as little tendon or smaller muscle injuries.

ITs possible based on location, but I do feel like it extends lower into my back and actual lat. Which his a good thing I guess because a lat injury I guess is less of a big deal then a rotator cuff injury which could tear or longer longer. Always felt like muscle belly injuries were not as bad as little tendon or smaller muscle injuries.
Ive had that area of my lat sore before, felt like I pulled it. The pain only lasted about 1 week though. I just took off all back movements that week and stayed away from anything that caused it pain.

Do you feel it when doing a proper face pull?

Is there pain when you do a stiff arm pullover? When I tore my teres major that move was a no-go.

Do you feel it when doing a proper face pull?

I actually did these today, and felt it a tiny bit. But barley and it did not affect the movement or my strength or bother me much. But when I do back movements especially chins, I sure as hell feel it.

Im assuming this indicates it is actually the lat? And the reason I felt it some when doin a face pull was because I was activating the lat a bit?

Is there pain when you do a stiff arm pullover? When I tore my teres major that move was a no-go.

Not really sure what a stiff arm pullover is to be honest. I know it does not bother me on rear delt flies, side delt raise, or any chest movement. But it hurts big time when doin chins at first, then progressed to pull downs, then to things like rows. But its fine on any chest and delt movement.

This may not be of any help but if you know what pullovers are for chest, a stiff arm pullover is essentially the same movement but you keep your back straight instead of lowering to the ground. It becomes a back movement instead of a chest movement.

The nautilus pullover machine mimics this movement if you need a frame of reference for what you should be feeling during the movement.

Not really sure what a stiff arm pullover is to be honest. I know it does not bother me on rear delt flies, side delt raise, or any chest movement. But it hurts big time when doin chins at first, then progressed to pull downs, then to things like rows. But its fine on any chest and delt movement.

For the function of the trees major skip to 1:30 of this vid

This move, slightly modified so that the Cable origen is maybe 30 degrees off to side instead of straight ahead (so that your are also pulling in an towards midline of body) will isolate the teres major

I have an injury that has slowly creeped up on me and got worse. it feels like a Lat strain or tear below the shoulder blade. I started feeling it only when doing chins, but now Im starting to feel it on any vertical pulls, and even horizontal pulls. I orgiginally thought it may be rotator cuff being neglected and an imbalance, so I hit the rotator cuff physical therapy stuff hard for 2 weeks and it didn't help.

It feels more below the shoulder blade, im assuming that is in the lat belly? No shoulder pain but more in my back. Anyone ever had this before? It only aches when doing back.
I partially tore my left lat several times. I had to stick to row exercises only for 6 months to let it heal. It’s good now but I’m very slow on my reps and conscious of it while doing pull downs. Pull ups would tear it right off.

I tore mine once too. Doing heavy pulldowns. I think I over stretched at the top. Watch that particularly. Dont stretch too far. I dont think it builds any more muscle anyhow.

I felt a slight discomfort and then the next day around the lower part of my armpit it was a big bruise.

I tore mine once too. Doing heavy pulldowns. I think I over stretched at the top. Watch that particularly. Dont stretch too far. I dont think it builds any more muscle anyhow.

I felt a slight discomfort and then the next day around the lower part of my armpit it was a big bruise.
Yes this. I don’t go up to a full straightened arm stretch at the top. I keep my elbows bent and let it pull me to stretch the lats.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear