over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best Lat MASS Builder?

psychor

Registered
Which movement(s) or which grip has given you the most growth in your lats? Pronated, supinated, neutral?

Which movement(s) or which grip has given you the most growth in your lats? Pronated, supinated, neutral?
Funnily enough someone asked me this in person the other day and my answer is the same pretty much any exercise done progressively where your lat can go from fully stretched to fully contracted will work the rest is just personal preference really

Funnily enough someone asked me this in person the other day and my answer is the same pretty much any exercise done progressively where your lat can go from fully stretched to fully contracted will work the rest is just personal preference really
I usually switch it up for example, 1 workout pronated lat pulldown cable with plate-loaded supinated later in the workout: next workout something like MAG grips close grip with supinated cable lat later. I also like the 1 arm pulldown like Hypertrophy Coach Joe Bennett utilizes.

I usually switch it up for example, 1 workout pronated lat pulldown cable with plate-loaded supinated later in the workout: next workout something like MAG grips close grip with supinated cable lat later. I also like the 1 arm pulldown like Hypertrophy Coach Joe Bennett utilizes.
They all work bro I would just find the ones you feel best.

In regards to Joe Bennett and people like him they have built their careers by in a sense over complicating everything you really don’t need an a degree in bio mechanics and a 20 minute video to know how to do a lat pull-down 😅 not knocking these guys but there’s tonnes of guys wayyyy before all the over analysing everything brigade took to the scene who made gains

Controlled strict chins. I don’t care what anybody says if I do 2-3 sets of 12-15 my upper back and lats are on fire and pumped. Surely that’s hitting the target muscle. All the old guys did tonnes of chins and gymnasts on rings have amazing backs. As for grip I prefer neutral as it feels easier on my shoulder

I feel like back is one of those muscle groups you can train with literally only 2-4 movements and still get great results. I like ng chins, rows (barbell or dumbbell, i personally prefer barbell), some sort of pulldown, and some sort of machine or chest supported horizontal movement. For lats in particular, I just don't think you're gonna do any better than either ring pullups or neutral grip pullups.

Any of them.. just play with elbow and hand position till you feel in your lats…. Then do that more, more and more.

Weighted chin ups for me. Even 6-8 reps but heavy gets results for me

I don't think there is a best back movement. Back is typically a harder one to properly engage from a mind/muscle perspective than others. You can't see the the back and connect that way so it's all feel. My answer would be whatever back movement you can properly make the back do all the work. My back development took off when I lowered the weight and found a few movements I could actually feel - and I think that's going to vary by individual.

Pulls from the floor, Pullups/chins, and rows. That will cover all the bases. If I was to drop one it's the row.

I have the MAG medium suppinate handle that myself and others have been super impressed by. Makes it almost a pulldown/row combo movement.

Width- old school pull ups and pull downs.

Thickness- heavy ass rows.

Regardless- the key is picking movements that structurally allow you to move the most weight in a controlled manner and emphasize the stretch.

If you have a bad low back or hips… don’t waste your time on barbell rows. You’ll never get the same weight as if you did a chest supported row for example.

To me this is the most important factor of all. Control the weight to engage the lats and pick the movements that align best with your structure.

Don’t underestimate the assisted pull up machine.

O have one back day where I begin with weighted pull-ups and one when I finish with assisted pull-ups. The slow eccentric and control really hits the lats. I always thought it was silly to use the assisted machine when I can knock out 20 pull-ups fresh. Lol nope! Great warmup and back day finisher.

For me it’s pretty basic. Any type I pull down and any type of row. My favorites are neutral grip pull downs and BB or cable rows.

They all work bro I would just find the
In regards to Joe Bennett and people like him they have built their careers by in a sense over complicating everything you really don’t need an a degree in bio mechanics and a 20 minute video to know how to do a lat pull-down
On top of this, that video was particularly complicated and not enjoyable at all.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131