over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Plate Loaded Lat Pulldown Machines

Definitely check Facebook marketplace for a used commercial grade lat pulldown.

You should be able to score a pin loaded version for under $600. Depending on your area you may have to look for a bit, but one will eventually pop up.

Side tangent: you fuckers who lift at home in these home gyms are bad ass. I don’t think I could do it. I’m so reliant on the plate loaded machines at this point.
I actually like training around other people if they're actually training hard and getting results. That's one of the things that makes real bodybuilding gyms with so cool. It's inspiring to see guys on that higher level.

I have a few pieces of Body Solid/Rugged and Titan here at home. I have Body Solid multi gym with a weight stack. The lat pull down is smooth. Good quality cables and pulleys. My leg press/hack squat is a Body Solid and my rack is a Rugged (Body Solids version if Rouge knock off). I am happy with them all.

I have a Titan multi grip pull down attachment, ez bar, and swiss bar. The quality is definitely there with Titan and its much cheaper than Rogue. Their plate loaded pec deck next is on my list.

@cage99 is right, about 15 years ago Body Solid was not great all around. I'm sure some pieces are still not great. I live close to a pretty bug equipment retail store and was able to try before i bought. Over all for the money, I'm happy with all my stuff. Its not Arsenal, but gets the job done for a basement workout.

As a fellow gym owner, I would go for a Selectorized Lat Pulldown. Unless you have a big barn and lots of space of course, but ususally our floor space is premium. A Pulldown Tower offers just so much more than a hammer strength pull down, imho.

Titan has a good one, cheap and sturdy. Check out a neutral review here: https://www.garagegymreviews.com/titan-fitness-lat-tower-review
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the titan lat pulldown.. I had checked marketplace for a long time and nothing came up that was any good.. thank you for the review you attached.
Thank you all for every word you typed! I was much appreciated

Love this but I could never get enough weight on it to have an effective set. I think the 45s at the gym were too thick. I was just moving air
Need skinnier plates like the ones in Jordan Peters gym
Lol how strong are you? I was doing 5 plates on the 1 setting. Still had room on the 2 and 3 for more weight.

Lol how strong are you? I was doing 5 plates on the 1 setting. Still had room on the 2 and 3 for more weight.
I am pretty strong especially on back. I can deadlift close to 800 and barbell row 495 with good form lol

The plates at the gym that has all the prime pieces I think I could only fit 4 on there and the 5th kept falling off. Really a shame as I felt the movement would be PERFECT if I could put some damn weight on it

I didn’t know if this was a common problem with this machine or if it was just me and the plates I had

I used to think about it all the time as I had to walk past it and head to the lat pull-down 😂

I am pretty strong especially on back. I can deadlift close to 800 and barbell row 495 with good form lol

The plates at the gym that has all the prime pieces I think I could only fit 4 on there and the 5th kept falling off. Really a shame as I felt the movement would be PERFECT if I could put some damn weight on it

I didn’t know if this was a common problem with this machine or if it was just me and the plates I had

I used to think about it all the time as I had to walk past it and head to the lat pull-down 😂
Yeah could be the plates but you def should be able to fit 5 standard 45s on the 1. Then you can get 10s and 25s on the 2 and 3 which helps put stress on the beginning and end of the reps. The one weird thing about Prime is that some of their machines can fit 45s on all 3 settings like the chest press and some only on the 1.

PS - their incline chest and low row are probably my two favorite machines right now.

Yeah could be the plates but you def should be able to fit 5 standard 45s on the 1. Then you can get 10s and 25s on the 2 and 3 which helps put stress on the beginning and end of the reps. The one weird thing about Prime is that some of their machines can fit 45s on all 3 settings like the chest press and some only on the 1.

PS - their incline chest and low row are probably my two favorite machines right now.
That’s a good point on the 10s and 25s, for some reason I never figured that out until that gym was gone.

They bought the best plate loaded equipment money can buy, Prime, Pannata, etc but then these super fat plates (Rogue I think) which were steel but as thick as bumpers, rendering a lot of the machines unusable

I just distinctly remember how much of a shame it was I couldn’t use that Prime pull-down effectively lol.

The Prime chest machines are the greatest of all time. Wish I still had access to them. Low row and regular seated row are great too

I just wish like you said that all of their equipment had the ability to use all 3 settings with 45s. The possibilities for the seated row would be awesome with how you could change the strength curve

That’s a good point on the 10s and 25s, for some reason I never figured that out until that gym was gone.

They bought the best plate loaded equipment money can buy, Prime, Pannata, etc but then these super fat plates (Rogue I think) which were steel but as thick as bumpers, rendering a lot of the machines unusable

I just distinctly remember how much of a shame it was I couldn’t use that Prime pull-down effectively lol.

The Prime chest machines are the greatest of all time. Wish I still had access to them. Low row and regular seated row are great too

I just wish like you said that all of their equipment had the ability to use all 3 settings with 45s. The possibilities for the seated row would be awesome with how you could change the strength curve
Lol it’s super weird - I’m going to take some pics tomorrow so I can show some of the members here what we’re talking about

Lol it’s super weird - I’m going to take some pics tomorrow so I can show some of the members here what we’re talking about
Yeah man, I’m sure some of the guys are scratching their heads wondering wtf we’re talking about 😂

Didn’t you already post pics of the machine in post #6?? Wouldn’t mind owning some of those machines, but the footprints aren’t made for home gyms. Neither is the price point for most.

Cage

Didn’t you already post pics of the machine in post #6?? Wouldn’t mind owning some of those machines, but the footprints aren’t made for home gyms. Neither is the price point for most.

Cage
I did but I want to show yall about the 3 ways you can load plates - it’s very cool how you can stress the beginning and end of the movement.

Side tangent: you fuckers who lift at home in these home gyms are bad ass. I don’t think I could do it. I’m so reliant on the plate loaded machines at this point.
Side tangent II: I am with ya here man. I too wish I could lift at home. Used to have a great home gym (2x), got my best results on a very limited amount of equipment. Tried to cobble together a home gym during COVID. Couldn’t find a single pound of weight. Guess everybody had the same idea 🤷‍♂️

Were those fat plates 100lbs? My gym has a few of those.

Were those fat plates 100lbs? My gym has a few of those.
They were 45lbs but that's a good point of reference because they were the exact same size as normal 100lb plates. They looked like they were pretty expensive, and I can't believe that gym owner decked out the whole gym with them. Skinnier the plates, the better

My current gym has a pair of 100lb plates over by the Leg Press. Girls at my gym train legs way more than the dudes and almost every day I see some chick struggling to get them off the end of the leg press weight tree to get to the 45s haha
I did some sloppy front delt plate raises with one of them before and people were looking at me like they were witnessing a Sasquatch or a released Zoo animal

Id second looking at used commercial selectorised. Mine was 100 bucks about 8 years ago and has a 320lb stack. Stable as anything and no friction or drag. If you are going to buy a new one try to get cylinder guide rods S opposed to the square tube. I’ve seen quite a few people say the square tube needs loads of silicon spray

They were 45lbs but that's a good point of reference because they were the exact same size as normal 100lb plates. They looked like they were pretty expensive, and I can't believe that gym owner decked out the whole gym with them. Skinnier the plates, the better

My current gym has a pair of 100lb plates over by the Leg Press. Girls at my gym train legs way more than the dudes and almost every day I see some chick struggling to get them off the end of the leg press weight tree to get to the 45s haha
I did some sloppy front delt plate raises with one of them before and people were looking at me like they were witnessing a Sasquatch or a released Zoo animal
There's fat 45s at my gym too but they are bumper plates.

Oh yeah I've seen girls struggle to take the 45s off some fully loaded leg press and I've gone over to help many times lol.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws