over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quality of machines

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone notice that often the newer fancy pretty machines don't hit the target muscle or have a good resistance curve? But then the Old rusty basic machines that look like they are from the 90s hit it perfectly??

What's the reason for this? How can s product like a rear delts machine or preacher curls get worse over time? Don't they test out the equipment and read reviews?

Anyone notice that often the newer fancy pretty machines don't hit the target muscle or have a good resistance curve? But then the Old rusty basic machines that look like they are from the 90s hit it perfectly??

What's the reason for this? How can s product like a rear delts machine or preacher curls get worse over time? Don't they test out the equipment and read reviews?
Lol wow I completely disagree. I fucking love all the new Prime, Arsenal and Atlantis equipment. Panatta can be hit or miss. But I think all this equipment shits on most classic Hammer Strength machines…

Lol wow I completely disagree. I fucking love all the new Prime, Arsenal and Atlantis equipment. Panatta can be hit or miss. But I think all this equipment shits on most classic Hammer Strength machines…
A few years ago, well more than a few, I was out of state coaching my sons travel baseball team. As usual I'd find a local gym to train at while everyone slept in. One in Elizabethtown Kentucky had a boatload of Hammer Strength machines. I immediately fell in love.................first time using that line, never found a gym like it since.

Growing up on really nothing but raw slag iron and now being very old, broken and
looking to stay more just lean and healthy these new machines are a savoir LOL!

They did take some time getting use to.

Anything will work as long as you mentally isolate that muscle group you're working LOL!

AB

It seems alot of newer machines have purposely limited range of motion probably to reduce injury risk, the life fitness seated bicep curl machine comes to mind. Although theres some older stuff ive found that has too extreme ROM and very difficult to get in/out of position.

in America you have access to the best equipment in the world even in small gyms - in Europe I think it's a disaster, especially in Poland, e.g. Technogym, it's already a luxury where most of their machines are shit

Finding some Cybex, Arsenal, Prime, etc. at the gym is a miracle, lol

in America you have access to the best equipment in the world even in small gyms - in Europe I think it's a disaster, especially in Poland, e.g. Technogym, it's already a luxury where most of their machines are shit

Finding some Cybex, Arsenal, Prime, etc. at the gym is a miracle, lol
Lol yeah other than cardio the Technogym lifting equipment is complete garbage

that's why it's so hard to be jacked in Poland - we don't have anything to train on and dumbbells are only up to 50kg lol
Sounds like a prison colony, keeping you small and contained:LOL:

You must be doing that Convict Training Big Kiwi on here coined LOL -

Lifting people and refrigerators with your size bro:oops::cool:(y)

AB

I'll take the new Prime and Arsenal machines over any of the old shit ive used in the past.

What equipment are u using…

Bro and maybe I’m just not at say Dragons Lair but anything not old school Nautilus or Cybex/Hammer Strength seems shit. I see amazing stuff on YT that pros are using that I’m like where the fuck is all this shit but I can’t exactly go to Bevs. For what it’s worth Metroflex and Destination are still pretty basic stuff and cranking out monsters every year.

Arsenal look good but for me the ROM on them feel off, I’ll take HS over it always. Maybe it’s an age/years in gym (what you’re used to thing

Lol yeah other than cardio the Technogym lifting equipment is complete garbage
Techno gym has a lat pull that’s amazing but otherwise agree it’s trash.

Arsenal look good but for me the ROM on them feel off, I’ll take HS over it always. Maybe it’s an age/years in gym (what you’re used to thing
The Prime plate loaded low row and their chest presses both flat and incline are fucking amazing

Bro and maybe I’m just not at say Dragons Lair but anything not old school Nautilus or Cybex/Hammer Strength seems shit. I see amazing stuff on YT that pros are using that I’m like where the fuck is all this shit but I can’t exactly go to Bevs. For what it’s worth Metroflex and Destination are still pretty basic stuff and cranking out monsters every year.
Huh? Pretty sure destination is loaded with Arsenal and prime equipment

I agree but the thing is, those companies have been putting out top notch stuff for decades are some of them are the best of the best. Compare any Atlantis to most Life Fitness pieces for example. They shit all over them. Most Life Fitness, Matrix, and even Technogym suck balls. Prime (formerly Strive), Atlantis, and Arsenal (Tom Eilerman who used to do all of Nebula's designs) have been in the game for a while now. A lot of Prime's pieces are just updates of the old Strive pieces, which by most people's accounts would be considered "old" at this point. I also agree that the majority of Hammer's pieces are simply "ok" but nothing special at all.

To OP's point, I think the golden age of equipment was in the 80's and 90's. You had real designers who themselves were bodybuilders making equipment but Flex got hit with a lawsuit (which hurt them irreparably) and Icarian went under. Some of Flex's designs can still be seen on some Startrac pieces.

Most average gym goers aren't even aware of why one Row machine might better than the other or have a better angle for the pull or a better force curve. Most simply see shiny and new and think it automatically equates to better. For me, I miss the shit out of Flex and old Nautilus chain drive stuff and the Hammer H Squat. Never got a chance to use that but it looked like a massive lawsuit waiting to happen.

I agree but the thing is, those companies have been putting out top notch stuff for decades are some of them are the best of the best. Compare any Atlantis to most Life Fitness pieces for example. They shit all over them. Most Life Fitness, Matrix, and even Technogym suck balls. Prime (formerly Strive), Atlantis, and Arsenal (Tom Eilerman who used to do all of Nebula's designs) have been in the game for a while now. A lot of Prime's pieces are just updates of the old Strive pieces, which by most people's accounts would be considered "old" at this point. I also agree that the majority of Hammer's pieces are simply "ok" but nothing special at all.

To OP's point, I think the golden age of equipment was in the 80's and 90's. You had real designers who themselves were bodybuilders making equipment but Flex got hit with a lawsuit (which hurt them irreparably) and Icarian went under. Some of Flex's designs can still be seen on some Startrac pieces.

Most average gym goers aren't even aware of why one Row machine might better than the other or have a better angle for the pull or a better force curve. Most simply see shiny and new and think it automatically equates to better. For me, I miss the shit out of Flex and old Nautilus chain drive stuff and the Hammer H Squat. Never got a chance to use that but it looked like a massive lawsuit waiting to happen.
in Poland we mainly have this 🤣 someone take me to the USA 🇺🇸😅

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity