over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your Favorite Machines For Each Bodypart

lookslikesausage

Registered
I saw in the "Training w/Machines" thread a poster asked Lats to post up his favorite machines. Well, it gave me the idea to post this as I know we have a few equipment nerds on this board. I could spend hours looking at equipment for sale all over the country and stuff on Insta & Youtube. So, I'll start.

Chest - Nautilus 10 degree Flye, Flex Leverage Seated Chest

Honorable Mentions - Nautilus Double Chest, Flex Leverage Incline Press, Star Trac Uni-Lateral Incline Press (Star Trac acquired Flex and this piece is similar to Flex's Leverage Incline but is uni-lateral), Magnum Bi-Angular plate-loaded Incline Press

Back - Flex Leverage Lat Pulldown, Nautilus Women's Chain Drive Pullover (yes, they made one for specifically for women back in the day and only problem is the stack is too light) , Bodymasters Chest Supported Row (the one w/swivel handle)

Honorable Mentions - Nautilus Compound Row, Seated Hammer Row (but the older model Dorian used in B & G is the one I prefer as it only has neutral grip and the plate horns are vertical to the handles)

Quads - Flex Hack Squat, Randy Coyle Swing Squat, Paramount Pendulum Squat, Atlantis Hack Squat, Nebula Hack Squat

Honorable Mention - AFS Leg Press, Cybex Hack Squat (strength curve is unique to all other Hacks I've used), Flex Leg Press

Hams - Flex Hamtractor, Flex Hamflexor (Kneeling Leg Curl), Strive Lying Leg Curl

Calves - Cybex Seated Calf Raise, Cybex 45 degree plate loaded Calf Raise

Delts - Nautilus Nitro Pec Dec/Reverse Flye (this is the best thing I've used for rear delts)

Biceps - Strive Biceps Curl, Flex Bisolator

Triceps - Icarian Seated Tricep Extension, Hoist Roc-It Dip

There is a ton of legendary stuff I've never had the chance to use so I can't rate. New stuff from Prime/Strive, Gymleco, Panatta, Arsenal, etc. also haven't been lucky enough to come across. Also, even though I prefer Lateral machines to using dumbbells, I've never used one that really stood out from all of the others. Even Life Fitness, who usually makes crap, all of their iterations have been decent enough IMO. Anyone else ever wonder why every single Hack Squat ever made doesn't have an adjustable foot plate? Seems like such a no brainer. Pendulums which are now getting popular again could also do with this option.

1. Legs - Barbell (SQ)
2. Chest - Barbell (Bench)
3. Back - Barbell (Rows)
4. Delts - Barbell (Presses)
5. Arms - Barbell (crushers and curls)

:D

I do however like Hammer-Strength machines. (And old Cybex hack-squats, etc).

None of the gyms around me have cool equipment. I just use what is available and go to the gym that has the most useful for what i am training that day.

1. Legs - Barbell (SQ)
2. Chest - Barbell (Bench)
3. Back - Barbell (Rows)
4. Delts - Barbell (Presses)
5. Arms - Barbell (crushers and curls)

:D

I do however like Hammer-Strength machines. (And old Cybex hack-squats, etc).
Can't beat the basics...

I listed a few in another post but I'll add most below. I'm mostly a barbell guy but a few have made an impression and I own a couple of them:

Strive/Prime Leg Extension - plate loaded 3 axis version in my gym. Super smooth and well regarded piece. Random find.

Reverse Hyper - I own a custom fabricated tilt top model. Nothing else does what this does for my back.

Belt Squat - I have a custom leverage model similar to Sorinex's. Very solid. I've trained on one of Westside's original cable platform units. Old school and needed someone else to run the pin.

Body Masters Leg Press - loved the old school 45 degree. No room for this giant one trick pony and plate hog.

Nautilus Pullover - no room but fond memories of the old chain drive units.

I listed a few in another post but I'll add most below. I'm mostly a barbell guy but a few have made an impression and I own a couple of them:

Strive/Prime Leg Extension - plate loaded 3 axis version in my gym. Super smooth and well regarded piece. Random find.

Reverse Hyper - I own a custom fabricated tilt top model. Nothing else does what this does for my back.

Belt Squat - I have a custom leverage model similar to Sorinex's. Very solid. I've trained on one of Westside's original cable platform units. Old school and needed someone else to run the pin.

Body Masters Leg Press - loved the old school 45 degree. No room for this giant one trick pony and plate hog.

Nautilus Pullover - no room but fond memories of the old chain drive units.
did you have someone you know fabricate the custom Reverse Hyper & Belt Squat or were they branded units that you had modified?

Lats: Atlantis Front Pulldown
Legs: Cybex Squat Press
Chest: Atlantis Converging Incline Bench Press

did you have someone you know fabricate the custom Reverse Hyper & Belt Squat or were they branded units that you had modified?

I have zero skills in this area. These were ground up builds from a guy I know. He's built stuff for himself and a number of others over the years but rarely builds anything anymore. He does it for fun, doesn't need the money as he has a good career (engineer) but kids/family take up more of his time so hasn't don't anything in a few years that I know of.

Not a lot of equipment nerds here I see.

At the end of the day I'm sure the brand of equipment makes very little difference to your physique.

On the other hand, im someone who has never worked out in a commercial gym and has built their own gym with 20+ machines. Searching for, and upgrading equipment is a fun yet expensive hobby.

Hard to find a lot of good information on equipment out there though.

I'm really liking face pulls with a rope to get ROM attached to pulley for rear delts. Don't really feel pec Dec reverse or reverse flyes or even rear delt rows in the target muscles.

Triceps the dip machine and pjr pullover.

At the end of the day I'm sure the brand of equipment makes very little difference to your physique.

On the other hand, im someone who has never worked out in a commercial gym and has built their own gym with 20+ machines. Searching for, and upgrading equipment is a fun yet expensive hobby.

I hear you. Prices keep going up, even play it again sports where I get my dumbbells and plates

I hear you. Prices keep going up, even play it again sports where I get my dumbbells and plates
Thought I found some stupid cost savings a few days back on some Olympic plates. They were something like .35 cents per pound. I loaded up the shopping cart online only to come across their $300 shipping cost! Assholes!!!!!

Cage

I'm really liking face pulls with a rope to get ROM attached to pulley for rear delts. Don't really feel pec Dec reverse or reverse flyes or even rear delt rows in the target muscles.

Triceps the dip machine and pjr pullover.
Recently I've been experimenting with putting one of those barbell pads people use for hip thrusts onto the reverse pec deck handle. Then i do one arm at a time with my arm bent and the pad against the back of my arm/tricep/elbow area if that makes any sense.

Up above you'll see someone mention the nautilus nitro piece being good for rear delts. That's where I got the idea.

Seems to work pretty well so far.

Recently I've been experimenting with putting one of those barbell pads people use for hip thrusts onto the reverse pec deck handle. Then i do one arm at a time with my arm bent and the pad against the back of my arm/tricep/elbow area if that makes any sense.

Up above you'll see someone mention the nautilus nitro piece being good for rear delts. That's where I got the idea.

Seems to work pretty well so far.
Your post gave me an idea. I usually do 1 arm at a time on rvpd to really focus on hitting rear delt. But the ROM is still short. I started sitting with both legs on the same side of the chest pad so when it lengthens I'm actually reaching across my body to start the movement. I feel it much better than the normal way where your not really lengthening the muscle.

My go to machine for legs is the pit shark.

I had a work injury a few years ago that wrecked my back and I can no longer do squats with more than body weight. This thing has been a life saver and helped me keep my legs from wasting away.

Me and Lats are kit nerds.
I’ve bought and sold so much stuff for my home gym it’s silly.
Currently have
Hammer decline and seated row
Cybex seated row bicep and shoulder
Hammer leg press
Old Polaris lat raise
Nautilus tricep and nitro chest
Cybex pulldown
Watson rack
Unique fitness smith and pec deck
Competition line lat pull
Watson tricep dip
Nytram shoulder and chest
Various other bits. Grippers thick bars chains you name it.
Now have to be selective it’s one in one out due to space.

My go to machine for legs is the pit shark.

I had a work injury a few years ago that wrecked my back and I can no longer do squats with more than body weight. This thing has been a life saver and helped me keep my legs from wasting away.
I sold my lever arm belt squat and I’m looking for a cable model at the minute as there is supposed to be an element of traction as well.

I sold my lever arm belt squat and I’m looking for a cable model at the minute as there is supposed to be an element of traction as well.

I've used both lever (I own one) and cable belt squats. There is some traction but not much and a bit overhyped. I like cable units better but honestly I don't notice much difference at the end of the day (say 95% same). My 2 cents anyway.

I’m just here to say I think the hammer strength plate loaded hamstring curl is one of the worst pieces of equipment ever lol.

For quads I love the Precor hack squat and the hammer strength MTS leg extension

Hamstrings the cybex VR3 seated hamstring curl is probably my favorite

Back, probably hammer strength iso lateral front lat pulldown

Chest, honestly one of those freemotion (I think is the brand?) seated cable pressing machines… I love cable pressing.

Shoulders, cable lateral raises or the Atlantis standing lateral raise machine

Biceps, any good preacher machine will do and a solid set of cables and attachments for triceps

Call me crazy but for legs I just used a seated machine leg press the other day. I couldn't get a rack and was pinched for time.

I probably had a better leg workout than I have in a while. The stress on the knees was non Existing compared to back squats. It allowed me to really focus on the legs and really grind to failure.

After about 7 sets, last to failure and drop set, my legs were so pumped I could barely bend at the knee. It felt like it worked very well at targeting the muscles and not just moving the weight.

Changes my perception on things

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner