advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Favorite methods for increasing appetite??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What are some of your tried and true methods for increasing your appetite.

Obviously increasing the work load increases calorie requirments but you have to be careful to not "over train".
A little Cardio has always been a good one , using easy to digest foods that calorie dense like whole eggs , White rice , ect.
GHRP-6 works great but seems to be short lived so it has to be administered several times a day.
MK-677 generally works for everyone in short cycles and helps with sleep so recovery also improves , just have to watch blood glucose levels.

Ive heard of some guys adding a low dose of T3 (12.5mg-25mg) helps bolster there metabolism and increases appetite , EQ has always made me really hungry at higher doses (500mg/wk+)

What are some of your favorites , or supplements that aid in digestion

Eat when your hungry and don't force feed.

You covered pretty much everything

The tread title asks about appetite but your post asks about digestion. Those are two different things. What do you want advice on?

The tread title asks about appetite but your post asks about digestion. Those are two different things. What do you want advice on?

Either or both , they go hand in hand.
If over the years you noticed decreased appetite and it was from poor digestion what did you do to fix it , or if there was no digestive issues you simply got stagnated with what you could eat.
Not really looking for advice (because my digestion is slow as fuck due to gastroparesis from several bowel reductions) just figured id start a topic that some people have issues with that every could chime in on.

If over the years you noticed decreased appetite and it was from poor digestion what did you do to fix it , or if there was no digestive issues you simply got stagnated with what you could eat.
Not really looking for advice (because my digestion is slow as fuck due to gastroparesis from several bowel reductions) just figured id start a topic that some people have issues with that every could chime in on.
Appetite was never an issue for me, I've always loved to eat. Over the last 2-3 years I haven noticed my appetite decreasing which most bodybuilders get at this age - turned 37 in February. I can still put down as much food as I want, I just don't get the crazy hunger I did in prior years.

For increasing appetite, I think the best method is training harder. That doesn't necessarily mean more weight and volume. It can, but it should also mean brutalizing the muscles, squeezing the life out of them through every inch of the range of motion, controlling the negative until it feels like you'll collapse. Regular cardio is also a great way to build appetite, both fasted in the morning and short 10-20 minute walks during the day.

For digestion, the best thing anyone can do is chew their food more completely. Chewing releases digestive enzymes that break down food. You should also avoid water with meals. When eating you don't want anything that makes your stomach acid less acidic - you want it acidic to break down what you're eating. Digestion will also improve when you stick to foods that work well for you. If you're a true bodybuilder you should have no problem eating 80%+ the same things all the time. When you can nail down those same things that digest really well for you you'll feel much better. For supplements, I like Dr. Ohhira's Professional formula probiotics and Life Extension's Gastro-Ease (zinc l-canosine).

you didnt find that ghrp6 helped w intestinal motility?

as for appetite, i try to eat foods i actually LIKE as well as work for the goals

Fasted cardio is something I picked from from Dante that I read a long time ago

You mentioned food choices.

You’re going to be hungry again much faster after whey hydro and maltodextrin as opposed to chicken and rice for example.

Watching a video or video games to keep you distracted while trying to get the food down helps.

Like posted above foods that you actually like. Palatability is important.

Not pushing the food too high too fast.

No matter what you do though at some point unfortunately you’ve gotta suck it up.

If appetite decreases and gastric emptying slows you’re either not getting enough activity in or your doing something to disrupt you digestion IMO.

Hit 10k steps a day and adding cardio would be my first steps to stimulate. For steps- do 10 min walks outside btwn meals.

Cut orals if using. Berberine or metformin for many can cause digestive issues. Cut those if they become an issue.

GHRP and MK2677 are great short term solutions to increase appetite, but that’s worthless if gastric emptying and movement has stopped.

To maximize digestion- Zypan with each meal, probiotics, aloe, mastic gum and glutamine are staples.

Strategic insulin usage could be another tool based on goals and caloric intake.

But at the end of the day most people with appetite issues (outside of medical conditions) stem from not training hard enough, not moving enough or excess crap food and oral usage IMO.

If appetite decreases and gastric emptying slows you’re either not getting enough activity in or your doing something to disrupt you digestion IMO.

Hit 10k steps a day and adding cardio would be my first steps to stimulate. For steps- do 10 min walks outside btwn meals.

Cut orals it using. Berberine or metformin for many can guess digestive issues. Cut those if they become an issue.

GHRP and MK2677 are great short term solutions to increase appetite, but that’s worthless if gastric emptying and movement has stopped.

To maximize digestion- Zypan with each meal, probiotics, aloe, mastic gum and glutamine are staples.

Strategic insulin usage could be another tool based on goals and caloric intake.

But at the end of the day most people with appetite issues (outside of medical conditions) stem from not training hard enough, not moving enough or excess crap food and oral usage IMO.
Hey buddy what is zypan?

It’s a digestive product by Standard Process. Pop two with each meal and watch how easy you digest meals. When pushing food they’re a Godsend IMO.
Appreciate the info man I’m gonna look it up.

At a certain point in time your appetite WILL tap out. There is no way around it.
You just willl hit 6k calories and hunger will be blah. Truly, the only way to fix is going into a deficit again.
So none of the suggestions from everyone above SOLVES the problem, it just makes it easier to eat.

Realistically, slow and steady calorie increase should allow you to hold your appetite as long as possible. TOO MUCH right off the bat is bad. I can honestly hold onto my appetitie for 5 months coming off of a show or deeep diet. Again, i think the first change you can make to allow you to keep staying hungry is faster digesting food. Coming off of my show, i was killing chicken and rice for all 5-6 meals. AND i was hungry within an hour after eating. Didnt matter if it was slow or fast digesting, i was starving. As time goes on, something like steak and sweet potato might be too slow. Thats when its time to toss it out. Oatmeal and potatoes are usually the firwst things to go for me. Macros will get too high and digestion will slow just too much. I might switch to a shake and cream of rice instead. But once you are fully tapped out, there is no going back. Cardio, switching foods out, etc might helppp but they arent solving anything. Its a band aid.

It’s a digestive product by Standard Process. Pop two with each meal and watch how easy you digest meals. When pushing food they’re a Godsend IMO.
Seems to be largely just a product for protein. can’t tell how much pancreatin is in there because its a super secret blend lol

Seems to be largely just a product for protein. can’t tell how much pancreatin is in there because its a super secret blend lol
It is mainly for protein and I personally only use it during a progressive phase where I’m pounding food (like now).

Standard Process is extremely overpriced IMO. There’s other solid options for guys on a budget.

During a cut I just use regular Digestive Enzymes.

I agree with @TheOtherOne55 these are all bandaids. We all will hit that wall eventually and have to cut to reset things. I think most guys hit that wall too soon IMO by not setting themselves up right or eating the wrong foods, etc.

It is mainly for protein and I personally only use it during a progressive phase where I’m pounding food (like now).

Standard Process is extremely overpriced IMO. There’s other solid options for guys on a budget.

During a cut I just use regular Digestive Enzymes.

I agree with @TheOtherOne55 these are all bandaids. We all will hit that wall eventually and have to cut to reset things. I think most guys hit that wall too soon IMO by not setting themselves up right or eating the wrong foods, etc.
I think regular pancreatin (at least) from a reputable brand is invaluable at all times

probably the cheapest digest supp besides betain hcl

EQ. Sometimes I look at my plate and wonder if I will eat all of it.. then it disappears

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear