over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quality of machines

Gymleco looks decent stuff. I noticed their chest press has a flex look about it.

I'm in the process of replacing all the garbage pieces in my home gym with Gymleco pieces. Smooth as butter, great resistance profiles and TINY footprints. Can't endorse gymleco enough
What machines are you purchasing? I have their smith machine which is great. Would really like to get more but unsure of which pieces I want to invest in

The pullover machine, I can defiantly feel the chain's links going over the large
cam when going slow . . . one by one. The leg ext., no.

Also, forgot to mention, chains do stretch but not as much as the
aforementioned mentioned cable and belts. Which BTH, have come a long
way from the 70's.

Arthur was most concerned with breakage. He wanted his machines to last
forever, not break down, be damn near maintenance free.

And pillar block bearing would have helped also.

I have seen a lot of old nautilus machines that have been rebuilt and they
are consistently rebuilt using belts and new bearings. Smooth as silk. Some
go so far as to re-design the cam, giving them less resistance in your
strongest position.
Yea the nautilus are bulletproof but the fucking maintenance was messy and I always felt a lil dangerous fingers wise.

Pendulum leg press? If that's what this is a lot of people love it. Some say hurts their knees. I think multiple manufacturers make similar now.
Looks more like what would be called a swing squat

I hate all the new garbage with the exception of a few companies. Luckily I train at home so I don't have to deal with it.

My favorite piece is my Nautilus Gen II leg extension with the non adjustable foot pad. It has a better groove and is easier on the knees than any piece made in the last 40 years. I also have the pullover and the low incline fly machine.

Other pieces I have include Hammer, Icarian, Life Fitness, Cybex, Arsenal, PowerLift. I also have a few OEI and Body Power pieces (not the shitty Body Solid). If you are old and from the Midwest you may remember those companies.

What machines are you purchasing? I have their smith machine which is great. Would really like to get more but unsure of which pieces I want to invest in
Seated chest press, hack squat, leg press, adductor, abductor. All excellent and the smoothest machines I've ever used

Avenger line is still very hardcore. If memory serves Dorian has bought the rights and will start manufacturing med x again.
Yea, I read that except the manufacturing part.

Don’t know if the deal includes the medical testing machines . . . or just the exercise machines (which is what I understand, could be wrong).

I think he was also talking about opening a bunch of gyms . . . WTF?

There is great old stuff, there is great new stuff, but I challenge anyone to find a modern company that has surpassed the old Nautilus chain-driven pullover (plate loaded or selector stack), it just doesn't exist.

Beyond that, I'm not particularly biased toward any specific era.

There is great old stuff, there is great new stuff, but I challenge anyone to find a modern company that has surpassed the old Nautilus chain-driven pullover (plate loaded or selector stack), it just doesn't exist.

Epic piece. Well known and accepted as best in class. If I had room it would be near the top of my list.

I’d love to try that specific one, because for me for some reason no machine pullover I’ve ever used comes even close to the connection I get from doing them on cables.

Pendulum leg press? If that's what this is a lot of people love it. Some say hurts their knees. I think multiple manufacturers make similar now.
Yeah, it's basically a super old school pendulum squat. The ROM is absolutely ridiculous.
This one is at the old LVAC in Vegas, on Sahara. It's gotta be at least 30 years old

Yeah, it's basically a super old school pendulum squat. The ROM is absolutely ridiculous.
This one is at the old LVAC in Vegas, on Sahara. It's gotta be at least 30 years old
As a piece of history it's pretty cool. I've never seen that one and don't know anyone who has.

Epic piece. Well known and accepted as best in class. If I had room it would be near the top of my list.
This. I'm assuming these companies have engineers design these things? Crazy they can't replicate quality equipment

View attachment 184725Anybody ever encounter this beast?
This piece is in Vegas (I believe in one of the Las Vegas Athletic Clubs). John Meadows used one in one of his vids. This was very similar to Randy Coyle's Swing Squat which was the precursor to the Pendulum Squat, which everyone is nuts for at the moment, and in truth, should be in every hardcore gym. I think this is one of two that still exist but don't quote me on this. Very small company, or maybe even one guy who made these as "one-offs". Hope I get to use one in this lifetime.

BTW...Gymleco's Hack Squat looks sweet and very similar to some older European style Hacks I've seen in the past. In fact, David's Hack Squat looked very similar. I don't think they still produce it though. David made beautiful stuff. Now, I think they're only making medical rehab equipment and they were purchased by Core Health who owns the Nautilus and Star Trac brand names.

This piece is in Vegas (I believe in one of the Las Vegas Athletic Clubs). John Meadows used one in one of his vids. This was very similar to Randy Coyle's Swing Squat which was the precursor to the Pendulum Squat, which everyone is nuts for at the moment, and in truth, should be in every hardcore gym. I think this is one of two that still exist but don't quote me on this. Very small company, or maybe even one guy who made these as "one-offs". Hope I get to use one in this lifetime.

BTW...Gymleco's Hack Squat looks sweet and very similar to some older European style Hacks I've seen in the past. In fact, David's Hack Squat looked very similar. I don't think they still produce it though. David made beautiful stuff. Now, I think they're only making medical rehab equipment and they were purchased by Core Health who owns the Nautilus and Star Trac brand names.
Yes it's at the LVAC on Sahara (near all the car dealerships).

There used to be an awesome Golds in Vegas (Jay Cutler and Kai Greene both filmed DVDs there). It was old and it had TONS of old equipment; including this Competion pendulum squat, and the leg press version. The leg press is even crazier. Unfortunately that location closed awhile ago.

You mean this? :unsure::unsure:;);)

Attachments

• Nat.jpg
    Nat.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 19
This is almost entirely dependent on brand.

Prime, Arsenal, Atlantis, Power-lift, Legend (I think?), and some smaller still companies make plenty of AMAZING equipment.

Corporate shit from Hoist, Matrix (the absolute worst), newer precor, newer life fitness, it's mostly SHITTTT.

Obviously some versions of some things will never be beat.....Nebula Leg Press, original Nautilus Leg Extension, The Flex LeverAge pieces....can't beat those.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws