over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Legs, same start?

cnock

Registered
I always start every leg workout with barbell squats and then i mix up the exercises from week to week after that. Im wondering if my always starting with squats and nothing else is limiting my leg growth or am i getting enough variety?

Yes you need to change it up. If your doing the same thing over and over and not getting any result how can you expect things to change?

why do you mix the exercises up? how do you know if you're progressing on them? i personally do squats last and have been seeing good improvements since doing that. find a routine you like, stick to it for at least 8 weeks and then evaluate whether its working for you. and in addition to that, make sure everything is on point, ie. diet and rest as well. in addition take pictures and measurements. in my head i look exactly the same as i did when i started training seriously about 4 years ago

Last edited:
I think it's smart to chage it up occasionally. I like starting with front squats, but sometimes do walking lunges first.

I always start every leg workout with barbell squats and then i mix up the exercises from week to week after that. Im wondering if my always starting with squats and nothing else is limiting my leg growth or am i getting enough variety?

Have you been able to milk squats for all they're worth? Make progress.... add weight over time?

I always start quads with squats (I train hams and calves on a separate day), but I may mix other things up a little - like switching the order of hacks and leg presses.

But I do the squats first so that I can do them with proper form, intensity, and concentration. If I do them later, I have to use less weight and less intensity. And I find that my form suffers so that I tend to use more butt and lower back than I need to. I also feel this may make me more susceptible to injury.

But once in a blue moon I may go back and do another 1-2 light high rep sets of squats after doing everything else - starting the workout with heavy squats, then going on to plate-loaded machine squats, leg presses, and hacks. If you are able to squat 500, you may want to go down to 225-275 and do as many reps as you can with good form on this finishing set(s) - once you start to round the back or bow the knees, or otherwise break good form, it's time to rack the weight. Talk about brutal!

its no that i have stopped progressing im just wondering if i would progress more if i would completely mix it up. I mean after squats my routine is always different but the first exercise is always squats.

As long as youre progressing then keep going.

i like to warm up my quads and hams before squatting. so i do two sets of light wieghts, high reps supersetting leg extensions and leg curls

I used to always start with squats as well and go as heavy as possible. After hurting my shoulder I couldnt hold the barbell anymore so stopped them for months, and legs grew more in that period than ever before. could have been due to me changing from heavy weight low reps to lighter weights high reps, or different aas usage, but main point is you don't HAVE to do squats to grow.

I say switch it up

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity