advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

lookin for a Smith Machine/ Squat rack in combo piece- any brand recommendations?

F350

Registered
Newbies
Good morning,

Im looking to add a smith machine to my home gym because I train alone and it would allow me quite a few exercises. Id like to get a smith/squat rack in one to cut down on space. I want to find one that doesn't feel like a cheap pos. Some of them have this drag on the bearings it feels like that creates an unnatural resistance.
I always enjoyed the feeling of the cybex smith machines or Arsenal but they dont have an all in one.
I was wondering if anyone has such a setup at home that could recommend or provide feedback on the brand they have and what they think of it?
I have checked:
Fray has reasonably priced commercial smith machines only. They also have a smith/ cable/ half rack that is not bad price wise. I just dont know how the bearings will feel?
Rep doesnt make a smith to my best knowledge?
There are tons of cheap all in one Chinese ones on ebay but I have no idea how the quality or feel is.

I dont mind spending a little more money on a decent one if it has cables attached. I own the Sorinex cable stack now that I dont particularity love the feel of. I stole it though so based on what I spent for it versus what its worth, I could sell it and pay for the piece above im looking for if it came down to it.

Thanks alot

Star trac makes one called the max rack. It doesn’t feel cheap because it isn’t.

Star trac makes one called the max rack. It doesn’t feel cheap because it isn’t.
Looks nice. Here is one that is "remanufactured", so should be more affordable.

We have alot of star trac machines at one of the gyms I belong to and honestly I dont like them at all. The place closest to my work is more a health club than a BB hardcore gym. That gym has a ton of Star Trac and it just doesnt feel like the pieces were well thought out when designed. Especaily in comparison to alot of the other stuff from manafacturers like arsenal, cybex, Rogue, Griffin, etc. I appreciate your help though. Im hoping maybe some other people have some brands they could recommend?

Looks nice. Here is one that is "remanufactured", so should be more affordable.

Thank you for your help. I dont love Star Trac's stuff based on past experiences. I appreciate your time looking. That piece has a massive footprint. Ideally, if I could find one that has a smaller footprint for my home gym that would work better. Im not dead set on one like this. Its just an example of style/type im looking for and anything else that comes attached is just icing on the cake.
Smith combined with half or full rack is my ideal setup so I can get rid of my rack I have now without losing space.

Sorry, just noticed this one was discontinued… Man, they make solid equipment too.

Cage

Cage

I have a home gym and have a boatload of websites saved in my notes. I’m always browsing them for new additions to my home gym. Currently got a new elliptical coming and a new commercial crossover en route. Had both setups already, but they’re 12+ years old. Just wanted to upgrade em is all. Plan on giving away my old equipment when the new stuff arrives. My neighbor can’t wait. He loves when I get new stuff because he gets the older ones. Works for both of us though. I don’t have to hassle hauling these to the dump, and he gets weight equipment for free.

Cage

Cage

Quality equipment here, let’s you customize your set up!

Cage

How is "The supply chain" problem affecting availability? I remember how in 2020 it was near impossible to get things like weights. I guess that has eased mostly? People seem to be working out in public gyms again? If things with the virus get worse, supply could once again be a big problem and prices skyrocket.

If anyone wants something, I'd purchase soon.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear