over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Love Handles don't Belong!!!!

liftalot79

Kilo Klub Member
Are any of you guys Fairly lean but still have a little back fat or love handles that are your only part of your body your not happy with. Even in wrestling i was 5'7 151lbs when I won State, i had love handles they have been there all the time. I wear my pants below so they are more pronounced.

Has anyone ever done Lipo in this area?

I was looking at the Wet Lipo that they inject saline/anesthetic into the fat and it disperses so they can suck it out easier. Less recovery, less cutting.

I got two quotes from $2700-$3400.

Are any of you guys Fairly lean but still have a little back fat or love handles that are your only part of your body your not happy with. Even in wrestling i was 5'7 151lbs when I won State, i had love handles they have been there all the time. I wear my pants below so they are more pronounced.

Has anyone ever done Lipo in this area?

I was looking at the Wet Lipo that they inject saline/anesthetic into the fat and it disperses so they can suck it out easier. Less recovery, less cutting.

I got two quotes from $2700-$3400.

From what I have read, the one that uses sound waves to break up the fat before sucking it out has the best recovery time.

When I diet all the way down, the love handles are the last to go. When they are gone, I'm pretty well shredded.

yea i'm having the same problem, i can see lines on my hams and definition all over my torso but i have love handles whe i pinch them they feel at about 2-3 inches.:(

WEIRD!!!!!!!

I was looking at pics of me at 3-4 years old I'm at the beach with shorts i'm a skiiny little thing with a pinch or two on each side.

I have had these Fing things my whole life.

For some reason anavar at high dosages always helped me with love handles.
Seems this is a common problem because no matter how lean i get the handles are the last to go.
I can tell u one thing for sure- GH will smoke those things away.
Good luck

Well

I have never tried Helios, GH, or Anavar. I got close with Clen, Test prop, mast, winny but they were still there.

I wonder if I went on a low carb or pre-contest diet then wore a Belly trimmer and did lots of cardio only no lifting.. I don't get it with those belly trimmers. Where does it Go?

I'm talking about those velcro or elastic man girddles. I think they are gimicks but those Geisha's and other women who were them work.

Last year i got down to the leanest i've ever been... the fuckers didn't budge... once i dropped the water, they were almost totally gone... for a day or two :(

i can look like like i'm 10% fat from the front, and 25% fat from the back

i hate those fuckers... and no... nothing works (supplement wise) to make them go away (yohimbine and synephirine help tap into those stores a little quicker... but still, they're the last to go)

you guys all had striated glutes before you lost your love handles?

Check this out:

"Charles Poliquin's Biosignature Modulation - What Your Body Fat Tells You About Your Hormone Profile
Overall Sites
Chin and Cheek
The chin and the cheek are the only two sites out of the twelve that are not related to any hormonal change. The only exception is when the subject has Cushing’s disease, in which case the problem is related to the hormone cortisol.

They are the early detection system for fat loss. This is because they are typically the first sites to change when a new client begins to lose fat.

Androgen Sites
Pectorals and Triceps
Androgens are steroid hormones produced in the testes, ovaries, and the adrenals.

The primary androgens, testosterone and androstenedione, are present in high levels in men. They are responsible for male physical traits and reproductive activity.

In women, androgens are produced in the ovaries, adrenal glands, and fat cells. Androgens are necessary for estrogen synthesis, and play a key role in the prevention of bone loss. They also regulate body function before, during and after menopause.

The skin fold value for the triceps tells you how much testosterone you are currently producing. The pectoral fold, when read in relation to the triceps, gives information as to whether or not you convert your testosterone to estrogen, an undesirable metabolic process known as aromatization. Environmental estrogens, pollutions, and television all cause testosterone levels to go down (and thus pectoral and tricep folds to go up) by increasing aromatization.

Insulin Sites
Sub-scapular and Supra-iliac
The islet cells of the pancreas, an organ that sits behind the stomach, produce insulin. Insulin is secreted by the pancreas in response to elevated blood sugar levels from ingestion of carbohydrates (sugars). Insulin, with the help of receptor cells in the body, absorbs sugar from the blood stream into the inside of the cell. The sub-scapular and the supra-iliac measurements give you information about the subject’s insulin resistance and insulin sensitivity levels.

Located on the upper back near the shoulder blades, the sub-scapular site is the genetic marker for carbohydrate intolerance. It is most closely linked to heart disease, and is a reflection of the subject’s ability to manage sugar.

The supra iliac, or love handle site, reflects the amount of insulin that the subject produces, as well as their sensitivity to it. It is closely related to environmental carbohydrates, or those carbohydrates taken in through the diet.

Thyroid Site
Mid-axillary
The thyroid gland, located in the neck below the Adams apple, is one of the largest endocrine glands in the body. The function of the thyroid is to secrete hormones (T3 and T4), which control metabolic pathways and thereby control various physiological functions. It regulates the rate of energy production and conversion of energy from food into muscular energy and body heat.

The mid-axillary site is located midway between the crest of the ilium and the “hole” created by the armpit. Its’ value tells you whether the thyroid is functioning normally. Lower skin fold values of the mid-axillary site indicate better thyroid function. If the skin fold value is high at this site, the subject should be screened for heavy metals or plastics.

Cortisol site
Umbilicus
Cortisol, a steroid hormone produced by the adrenal glands, is often referred to as the "stress hormone" because it is involved in the response to stress. It increases blood pressure, blood sugar levels and has an immunosuppressive action. It acts as a weak form of adrenaline in stressful, yet non-life threatening situations, and is responsible for waking you up in the morning.

The cortisol site, known as the umbilicus, has the most scientific research behind it at the present time. The skin fold value of the umbilicus is a reflection of long-term cortisol output. It is a marker both for how much cortisol is produced in relation to stress, as well as how well the individual deals with their stress.

This site is typically high, even when the other sites are low, because of the enormous amounts of stress that we confront in today’s society without proper outlets for it’s release. Simply put: in the old days, while it was true that the stresses were frequently more immediately life-threatening – 10,000 B.C.’s saber tooth tiger comes to mind – they were frequently short lived: you either got torn limb from and limb and eaten, or you prevailed and got a great shawl out of the bargain.

Our stresses today are more low level, but no less life-threatening, because of their constancy – bosses, landlords, honking horns, loud neighbors, and – these days – heavy falling objects – all contribute to produce a low level (most of the time) yet consistent stress level that never lets up. Cortisol by itself is actually a very useful hormone; the problem is that it is chronically high in most individuals in today’s society.

Growth Hormone Sites
Knee and Medial Calf
Growth hormone is a hormone that is synthesized and secreted by the somatotroph cells of the anterior pituitary gland. It plays a major role in controlling physiologic processes such as growth and metabolism. GH stimulates the liver and other tissues to secrete IGF-I (Insulin-like growth factor 1). By stimulating the proliferation of cartilage cells, IGF-I plays an important role in both bone and muscle growth.

The skin fold values for the knee and calf sites give you an indication of growth hormone levels. While the knee is indicative of short-term growth hormone levels, the calf gives information about longer-term GH levels. These two sites reveal a great deal of information about sleep quality, duration, and late night partying, because growth hormone production is dependent upon sleep.

Estrogen Sites
Quadriceps and hamstrings
Estrogens, produced from androgens through enzymatic actions, are the primary female sex hormones. The three major naturally occurring estrogens in women are estradiol, estriol, and estrone.

The values for the quadriceps and hamstrings sites are indicative of your ability to manage estrogen levels. As they are related to overall estrogen level, as well as ratio, females get more latitude in this area then males. For men, the quadriceps and hamstrings should approach the same value as the triceps, which indicates lower estrogen values."

That's a good read CHAPS.

My lower back fat is always the last to go. On a 12 week diet the love handles go at week ten, when I can see striations in delts, quads, tris, and chest already very clearly.

I notice that when I go from being clean for a long time (years) to being on T, my fat in this area immediately drops. When I take Metformin regularly it also drops a bit. Regular diet does not seem to affect it very much until the last minute :(

Backing up Poloquin's ideas. Though we are not obese young boys, I think the information is useful:

Relationship of Body Fat Distribution to Metabolic Complications in Obese Prepubertal Boys: Gender Related Differences
A. LEGIDO 1 A. SARRIA 1 M. BUENO 1 J. GARAGORRI 1 J. FLETA 1 F. RAMOS 1 , M. D. ABOS 1 J. PEREZ-GONZALEZ 1
1 Department of Pediatrics 1 Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, Zaragoza Medical School, Zaragoza, Spain
Correspondence to (M. B.) Department of Pediatrics University Hospital, Zaragoza Medical School Avda San Juan Bosco, 15 50009 Zaragoza Spain
Copyright 1989 Taylor & Francis
KEYWORDS
body fat distribution • hyperinsulinemia • metabolic complications • childhood nutritional obesity
ABSTRACT

ABSTRACT. Our purpose was to assess the relationship of obesity and body fat distribution to serum glucose values, insulin concentration and insulin resistance in obese prepubertal boys. Thirteen obese and 15 control prepubertal boys were studied. Biceps, triceps, subscapular and supra-iliac skin fold thicknesses were measured. Percentage of body fat and total body fat were calculated. Body fat distribution was assessed by analyzing the central (supra-iliac, subscapu-lar)/peripheral (biceps, triceps) ratios. During an oral glucose tolerance test, serum glucose and insulin were measured and insulin/glucose was calculated. Body fat data and body fat distribution indices were significantly higher in the obese group. The obese population presented significantly elevated values of insulin and insulin/glucose. In the obese group insulin showed significant correlations with percentage of body fat, total body fat and subscapular skin fold thickness, whereas insulin/glucose had significant positive correlations with percentage of body fat, total body fat and supra-iliac skin fold thickness. In obese boys significant positive correlations were also shown by subscapular/supra-iliac with insulin and insulin/glucose, and by subscapular/triceps with insulin. In prepubertal boys obesity is centripetal and an upper central body fat distribution seems to be first associated with an abnormal glucose-insulin homeostasis.

Submitted Feb. 17, 1988. Accepted Oct. 20, 1988
DIGITAL OBJECT IDENTIFIER (DOI)
10.1111/j.1651-2227.1989.tb11105.x About DOI

Check this out:

"Charles Poliquin's Biosignature Modulation - What Your Body Fat Tells You About Your Hormone Profile
Overall Sites
Chin and Cheek
The chin and the cheek are the only two sites out of the twelve that are not related to any hormonal change. The only exception is when the subject has Cushing’s disease, in which case the problem is related to the hormone cortisol.

They are the early detection system for fat loss. This is because they are typically the first sites to change when a new client begins to lose fat.

Androgen Sites
Pectorals and Triceps
Androgens are steroid hormones produced in the testes, ovaries, and the adrenals.

The primary androgens, testosterone and androstenedione, are present in high levels in men. They are responsible for male physical traits and reproductive activity.

In women, androgens are produced in the ovaries, adrenal glands, and fat cells. Androgens are necessary for estrogen synthesis, and play a key role in the prevention of bone loss. They also regulate body function before, during and after menopause.

The skin fold value for the triceps tells you how much testosterone you are currently producing. The pectoral fold, when read in relation to the triceps, gives information as to whether or not you convert your testosterone to estrogen, an undesirable metabolic process known as aromatization. Environmental estrogens, pollutions, and television all cause testosterone levels to go down (and thus pectoral and tricep folds to go up) by increasing aromatization.

Insulin Sites
Sub-scapular and Supra-iliac
The islet cells of the pancreas, an organ that sits behind the stomach, produce insulin. Insulin is secreted by the pancreas in response to elevated blood sugar levels from ingestion of carbohydrates (sugars). Insulin, with the help of receptor cells in the body, absorbs sugar from the blood stream into the inside of the cell. The sub-scapular and the supra-iliac measurements give you information about the subject’s insulin resistance and insulin sensitivity levels.

Located on the upper back near the shoulder blades, the sub-scapular site is the genetic marker for carbohydrate intolerance. It is most closely linked to heart disease, and is a reflection of the subject’s ability to manage sugar.

The supra iliac, or love handle site, reflects the amount of insulin that the subject produces, as well as their sensitivity to it. It is closely related to environmental carbohydrates, or those carbohydrates taken in through the diet.

Thyroid Site
Mid-axillary
The thyroid gland, located in the neck below the Adams apple, is one of the largest endocrine glands in the body. The function of the thyroid is to secrete hormones (T3 and T4), which control metabolic pathways and thereby control various physiological functions. It regulates the rate of energy production and conversion of energy from food into muscular energy and body heat.

The mid-axillary site is located midway between the crest of the ilium and the “hole” created by the armpit. Its’ value tells you whether the thyroid is functioning normally. Lower skin fold values of the mid-axillary site indicate better thyroid function. If the skin fold value is high at this site, the subject should be screened for heavy metals or plastics.

Cortisol site
Umbilicus
Cortisol, a steroid hormone produced by the adrenal glands, is often referred to as the "stress hormone" because it is involved in the response to stress. It increases blood pressure, blood sugar levels and has an immunosuppressive action. It acts as a weak form of adrenaline in stressful, yet non-life threatening situations, and is responsible for waking you up in the morning.

The cortisol site, known as the umbilicus, has the most scientific research behind it at the present time. The skin fold value of the umbilicus is a reflection of long-term cortisol output. It is a marker both for how much cortisol is produced in relation to stress, as well as how well the individual deals with their stress.

This site is typically high, even when the other sites are low, because of the enormous amounts of stress that we confront in today’s society without proper outlets for it’s release. Simply put: in the old days, while it was true that the stresses were frequently more immediately life-threatening – 10,000 B.C.’s saber tooth tiger comes to mind – they were frequently short lived: you either got torn limb from and limb and eaten, or you prevailed and got a great shawl out of the bargain.

Our stresses today are more low level, but no less life-threatening, because of their constancy – bosses, landlords, honking horns, loud neighbors, and – these days – heavy falling objects – all contribute to produce a low level (most of the time) yet consistent stress level that never lets up. Cortisol by itself is actually a very useful hormone; the problem is that it is chronically high in most individuals in today’s society.

Growth Hormone Sites
Knee and Medial Calf
Growth hormone is a hormone that is synthesized and secreted by the somatotroph cells of the anterior pituitary gland. It plays a major role in controlling physiologic processes such as growth and metabolism. GH stimulates the liver and other tissues to secrete IGF-I (Insulin-like growth factor 1). By stimulating the proliferation of cartilage cells, IGF-I plays an important role in both bone and muscle growth.

The skin fold values for the knee and calf sites give you an indication of growth hormone levels. While the knee is indicative of short-term growth hormone levels, the calf gives information about longer-term GH levels. These two sites reveal a great deal of information about sleep quality, duration, and late night partying, because growth hormone production is dependent upon sleep.

Estrogen Sites
Quadriceps and hamstrings
Estrogens, produced from androgens through enzymatic actions, are the primary female sex hormones. The three major naturally occurring estrogens in women are estradiol, estriol, and estrone.

The values for the quadriceps and hamstrings sites are indicative of your ability to manage estrogen levels. As they are related to overall estrogen level, as well as ratio, females get more latitude in this area then males. For men, the quadriceps and hamstrings should approach the same value as the triceps, which indicates lower estrogen values."

Excellent post. I was about to elaborate on these hormonal influences but you covered it!

I had a six pack with a 36 inch waist, and love handles AT 6'1 210LBS. I am one of those odd people who never get rid of it. If I do get rid of it, have a cheat day my love handles are back.

I have grown at least 1 1/2 inches on my waist (love handles) in a 3 day period.

If I eat any carbs, or sodium I store water in my sides like a camel.

It's rather embarrassing to the point where I don't even take off my shirt when I go out, or even go to the beach becuase I am so self conscious about it when I probably look better than 90% of people on the beach.

My father has love handles and I probably got it from him.

The only thing that keeps my love handles away is GH.

Ps. my remedy for making love handles look smaller is to work more on Lats so the attention goes there.

Last edited:
you think adding in a low dose ai like aromasin would help? Isnt love handle weight the same as bad weight in your chest, somewhat estrogenic in nature?

you guys all had striated glutes before you lost your love handles?

LOL!!!
not talking about competition lean... but it sucks when you take off your shirt and look really lean from the front, but from the back, it's a whole different story... we're talking about regular bodybuilder lean, not super shredded walnut-ass shelby lean! LOL!

I have a 34.5 inch waist and i can see my top abs without flexing :(...

here's an example... i was regular joe lean in this contest last week (competed as a favor to the coach... he needed points even if it meant placing last)... would you expect someone like that at 5'7 to have a 34.5 inch waist? and this measurement is first thing in the morning... at night it's closer to 36"

Attachments

• IMG_3761.jpg
    IMG_3761.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 832
it all water and diet manipulation, what were trying to all master

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members