over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low doses - thoughts on how low?

IronMike

Moderator gone to a better place - R.I.P.
I've had some good results from running low doses in the past, and am toying with the idea of cycling low doses over the next 12 months. However, how low is too low?

I'm not intending on taking out a national title and have no illusions of grandeur, so for me it seems sensible to work within the most conservative range that delivers good results (and I'm a big fan of keeping things simple where ever possible). This also holds true for people I train or advise.

What are some thoughts on the range that could be considered low dose yet still effective (bearing in mind everyone is different)?

I'm thinking, for me anyway:

- test @ 500-700mg PW (I realistically won't go below 600mg though)
- nandrolones - 300-400mg PW
- dbal - 30-40mg PD
- eq - 500-600mg PW
- stanaz - 50-75mg PD (I've found I need 75mg PD though)
- drol - 50-75md PD
etc

For instance, upcoming I'm going to try 700mg PW test prop, deca/NPP 300mg PW, Dbal 40mg PD (this is 9 months+ out from any kind of prep work). I think that's about as low as I can take it.

Anyone else toyed with low doses? I know for some this wouldn't even register, though I've known very accomplished comp builders using even less.

IronMike

PS - or am I just pissing into the wind?! :p

Last edited:
I've had some good results from running low doses in the past, and am toying with the idea of cycling low doses over the next 12 months. However, how low is too low?

I'm not intending on taking out a national title and have no illusions of grandeur, so for me it seems sensible to work within the most conservative range that delivers good results (and I'm a big fan of keeping things simple where ever possible). This also holds true for people I train or advise.

What are some thoughts on the range that could be considered low dose yet still effective (bearing in mind everyone is different)?

I'm thinking, for me anyway:

- test @ 500-600mg PW (I realistically won't go below 600mg though)
- nandrolones - 300-400mg PW
- dbal - 30-40mg PD
- eq - 500-600mg PW
- stanaz - 50-75mg PD (I've found I need 75mg PD though)
- drol - 50-75md PD
etc

For instance, upcoming I'm going to try 600mg PW test prop, deca/NPP 300mg PW, Dbal 40mg PD (this is 9 months+ out from any kind of prep work). I think that's about as low as I can take it.

Anyone else toyed with low doses? I know for some this wouldn't even register, though I've known very accomplished comp builders using even less.

IronMike

PS - or am I just pissing into the wind?! :p

Lows for you IMO:
TEST 500MG WK
DECA 400MG WK
DBOL 30MG WK
EQ 400MG WK
STAN 50MG DAILY
ANADROL 50MG DAILY

NOT ALL THOSE NEEDED IN ON COURSE BUT YOU CAN MAKE GOOD SOLID PROGRESS ON LOW DOSE LONGER TERM.

from what i've read in order to raise your natural test above normal levels it takes at least 300mg per week of your basic test... that study is from a normal male. it may vary on someones age and at levels they would be to start. i know my first cycle i was only doing 200mg/week and i blew up! there is many variables to the question. Hope that may help

from what i've read in order to raise your natural test above normal levels it takes at least 300mg per week of your basic test... that study is from a normal male. it may vary on someones age and at levels they would be to start. i know my first cycle i was only doing 200mg/week and i blew up! there is many variables to the question. Hope that may help

bro, i would like to see that study or where you got that info...

i can tell you that 300mg a week would raise your natural test at least 4-5 times and prob a lot more....

anyone know what a normal make produces in a day or week? i have seen it befor but i cant remember what it is....

i can tell you that 300mg a week would raise your natural test at least 4-5 times and prob a lot more....

anyone know what a normal make produces in a day or week? i have seen it befor but i cant remember what it is....

I thought, and I very well may be wrong, I remember seeing something like 80-100 mg a week is what the average male produced. Again I may be wrong but I think I remember reading that somwhere.

I thought, and I very well may be wrong, I remember seeing something like 80-100 mg a week is what the average male produced. Again I may be wrong but I think I remember reading that somwhere.

I think that is about the range. IronMike

average healthy male produces 4-7 mg/day

I would look at test cyp or enanth 500/wk and deca 400/wk. Good combo and will produce excellent gains. Leave orals out for a while. You do not need a shopping cart full of compounds to make good offseason gains or onseason for that matter. Maybe throw in some eq to the mix and cycle out the deca.

average healthy male produces 4-7 mg/day

that sounds right to me,

dumbell... i wish i was producing 100mg a week of test! that would be great!... any way, i will look it up so we both know for sure as i am curious as well...

is eq @ 400mg a week for 10 weeks worth doin ? or do u need to run it for longer?my summer cycle is 500 of cyp & 400 of eq with some winny tabs for about 4-6 weeks.

that sounds right to me,

dumbell... i wish i was producing 100mg a week of test! that would be great!... any way, i will look it up so we both know for sure as i am curious as well...

My guess is that, there have been some DAYS that you have artificially produced way more test than that! :p

Over a gram a week FOR A YEAR is not a low dose.IMO you could do 250mg test E a week and be fine ,mabey do 4 week "cycles" on top of that base(250mg test E/week).(you said low/safe)Im 250ish

Last edited:
I think that your doses arent really low...I know for offseason I dont do much if anymore than that...When I can eat more food, I make some great gains just doing 750mg (per week) of test (any kind) with deca or eq at 300-400mg (per week)...I dont do any orals, or any GH...I leave all that stuff for the last 16 weeks precontest...I will run that for 12-16 weeks, then take 6 weeks off...Maybe longer...

chris

I think that your doses arent really low...I know for offseason I dont do much if anymore than that...When I can eat more food, I make some great gains just doing 750mg (per week) of test (any kind) with deca or eq at 300-400mg (per week)...I dont do any orals, or any GH...I leave all that stuff for the last 16 weeks precontest...I will run that for 12-16 weeks, then take 6 weeks off...Maybe longer...

chris

Gotta agree with Chris250 here, those doses don't seem that low and that's a lot of shit to be taking.

If you're gonna do long-term, try 500mgs/test and 300-400 deca/eq.

that doesn't sound right to me.

that sounds right to me,

if your body naturally produces 7 mgs a day that would be equivalent to 50 mgs a week. and i don't know anyone who runs HRT at that low of a dose.

From personal experience on my own blood tests, I need about 300 mgs to put me up High natural levels. on the 6th day after a 200 mg shot I am down to 566 or so.

300-800 ng/dl is what most labs consider normal.

However, people who are above average can produce as much as 1,500 ng/dl or maybe even more.

I have two friends who are natural, who had their blood tested and they were both well over 1,000

KM, juding by your pics and your claims that you stay natural for a good part of the year, I'm sure your body is producing WELL OVER the equivalence of 100mgs a week.

Last edited:

Thanks for the feedback... but no no no I never said that was my cycle. I"m trying to gauge differing opinions on ballpark "low doses", inspired by some recently who have built great physiques on under 1g total PW. I've grown on 500mg test and nada else. This isn't for me - rather, for those I'm training or advising. Generally I have people on 500mg test, 300mg deca and that's it.

Chris250 seems like a good case in point where the doses are moderate (off season anyway right?) and the rest is done through work and diet. I think a lot of us have a tendency to work our way up in doses and I'm just trying to reset my sense of North. Chris250 - do you think you could have built a good frame for most of your bbuilding life on, say, 500mg test alone (excluding comps)? I'm thinking that is the benchmark I might start to work with and add in nandros or eq after we get to a reasonable benchmark etc etc.

And if those aren't low doses (for those who said so) please tell me what your defn of low dose is (I didn't imply they were to be taken together).

IronMike

It may raise that in some individual's that naturally already have high testosterone but everyone is different. Not sure were i got that it's just something i've read before, you know how that goes...

wow

Looking at the title I was thinking "low dose" not pro muscle low dose. I almost posted 50 mg prop with 25 mg primo e3d. None of those dose look low to me and I dont think staying under 1 gram is a "low dose" just my opinion. Staying under 400 mg total per week could possible be called low, but under a gram is moderate in todays world, not insane but definitely not low.

In between cycles I run 200mgs of test cyp/ 100mgs of deca, 50 mgs of proviron, 4iu's (or so) of GH and 50mcgs of T-4. Now this is my base, during this "off" time I will throw in winny for 4 weeks at 150mgs, then 8 weeks later or so Ill through in drol at 100mgs ed. I run this throughout until my sept bulker comes along again. Just got done with winny about three weeks ago, mid june going to run var for 4 weeks then my preshow bulker in sept. Just my 2 cents, works real well.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131